9 'till 5 = lack of motivation

Options
124»

Replies

• rak173
    rak173 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I try to get more walking in during my day. Due to a long commute, I am out of the house 10-11 hours a day making me not want to workout. I walk to the train in the morning, walk from train to work and then get 2 walks in during the day while at work. They are each 10-20 min. Then I walk to train to go home. While this does not replace intense cardio it does help me stay active. This also makes it so I average over 10,000 steps a day.
  • markiemark61474
    markiemark61474 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    natewilson wrote: »
    Is it just me, or does working 9 while 5 dampen all motivation to come home and work out?? Going to work in the dark and coming home in the dark gives me zilch inspiration to come home and get my work out clothes on all I want is my pjs!! Does anyone feel the same and how do you get you *kitten* in to gear??

• markiemark61474
    markiemark61474 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    It's one hundred percent one of the hardest things I deal with. Time change is always a tough one to deal with. It seems like summer time I am always motivated.

Hope ur getting motivated

Mark
  • Merkavar
    Merkavar Posts: 3,082 Member
    Options
    I work 9 to 5, I just do it, I leave work and go to the gym for an hour Monday and Tuesday.

Wednesday and Thursday I have enough time to make it home before I go to kick boxxing.

For me working 9 to 5 isn't really an issue, general laziness is my issue. Even if I had the day off I would be just as motivated/demotivated to exercise as after a day at work.