Center cut bacon
    Tons of condiments and dressings
    Frozen shrimp
    Ground lean hamburger
    Ground turkey
    Salmon patties
    Fajita chicken and beef strips
    Frozen stir fry vegetables (large bag)
    Frozen steam bags of broccoli (2) and green beans (2)
    Frozen fruit (blueberries, raspberries, and blackberries)
    Leftover minestrone soup (3 containers)
    Leftover turkey vegetable soup (3 containers)
    Smart Ones pot roast dinner

• fitwithin
    fitwithin Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Separate refrigerator has Kendall Jackson wine, Zigenbach beer, Coor's Light, Diet Cokes, 2 mini champagne bottles, and a box of Premier Protein strawberry protein drinks.
  • WednesdayJanuary07th2015
    edited January 2015
    Options
    My freezer is almost bare, I've been attempting to clear it of processed foods; I only have two pierogies & an unopened box of sandwich steaks. My Refrigerator is almost all Swiss Colony. I'd never ordered from them before but when I tried what my Mother bought, during the holidays; I then ordered some myself. I didn't wait until after my diet because I know that not everything'll be available, all year long & I was unsure if it'd ever be available again, it isn't like with McDonald's Shamrock Shake (I know that it's available every year, so I can skip a year; like I did last year & will again this year); therefore I have like a month's worth of food from them (unfortunately high Caloric sweets, are included in that as well) & a package of beef franks. The middle of February is when I'll be cooking, my own healthy versions of meat/poultry meals but I am going to wait until the middle of March to implement produce regularly since it's very perishable & I don't even go grocery shopping more than once/twice a month because I rely on the bus but they seem to panic, every time there's snow/ice; then cancel the bus service & I won't risk being stranded, with no way home; if/when they do.
  • SomeGirlSomewhere
    SomeGirlSomewhere Posts: 937 Member
    Options
    Even though both my refrigerator and freezer could stand to be organized and cleaned out I'm gonna post pics of both since I really don't care if anyone judges me or not! :)

uben5i24ci6u.jpg

qor6o6b3y1dh.jpg

• LifeInTheBikeLane
    LifeInTheBikeLane Posts: 345 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Those are some long posts. I have no access to my camera atm but the list is short.

Fridge:
    • Half empty bottle of wine
    • Diet Rootbeer 1L
    • Diet Pepsi 1L
    • Two lowfat yogurts (blueberry)
    • One half full bag of spinach
    • One tomato
    • Ranch Dressing, Ketchup & Salsa
    • 1 Gallon of Milk

Freezer:
    • HUGE bag of frozen spinach
    • HUGE bag of frozen normandy blend veggies
    • HUGE bag of frozen corn
    • A random HUGE *kitten* turkey
    • One pizza we have had for two months and won't eat
    • One ice cube
    • A big bag with nothing but one single chicken tenderloin.
  • SunflowerCat74
    SunflowerCat74 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    l8vuf90bhrsa.jpg
    I won't even bother with pics of the freezers. Full of premade (homemade) meals, sauces, tons of roasted green chiles and of course emergency kid food stuffs like tots, nuggets, etc... We also have a beer fridge, full of you guessed it: Beer!

We're a family of 5 and I'm a stay at home mom who cooks every day. My kids get teased at school for having "healthy" lunches, but they won't touch the crap they serve in the lunchroom. They'd prefer to munch on peppers and hummus.
  • ShePenguin
    ShePenguin Posts: 4
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I don't know how to post a picture. :(
  • thedaydreamer92
    thedaydreamer92 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    The first two photos are of my fridge. The second photo is of the freezer on the top of the fridge. The last is the big freezer. They belong to a family of 2. I'm transitioning to vegan.

q09ahwv89g0w.jpg

pex6dfoiphjc.jpg

rd56hcx3en50.jpg

b45osy0uiu0y.jpg

• iamnotvoldemort
    iamnotvoldemort Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    rand486 wrote: »
    @iamnotvoldemort, great list!

For your ribs - if you're afraid to BBQ them in disappointment, try slowcooking them. Totally different texture, delicious, and your BBQ expectations won't be ruined! :)

Here in Ontario, BBQ is an activity, not a food - I got sent to Austin, TX on business last year and learned very quickly why BBQ should be a food group ;) Delicious.

My problem is I don't like BBQ sauce, so saucy ribs are right out for me. I like mine dry rubbed and a little bit smoky ... and I'm not sure how to go about that with only your normal oven. I'm trying to woman myself up enough for the Alton Brown method, since he's never lead me astray, but I keep putting it off.
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,195 Member
    Options
    ShePenguin wrote: »
    I don't know how to post a picture. :(

This thread was my first attempt at picture posting. Click on the symbol at the top of the posting window that looks like a piece of paper with the corner folded over. If the picture is on your computer or attached device, click on choose files and select the image from there.

My pictures were oriented strangely, so I posted them to Facebook (visible only by me) and then copied and pasted in the URL. Facebook automatically reorients the images. Probably there is an easier way to do that, but it worked for me!
  • azulvioleta6
    Options
    Even though both my refrigerator and freezer could stand to be organized and cleaned out I'm gonna post pics of both since I really don't care if anyone judges me or not! :)

I didn't clean my fridge either. It seemed contrary to the spirit of the thing. :)
  • kalamitykate83
    kalamitykate83 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    No pic but there's spinach, kale, cauliflower, carrots, asparagus, parma ham, streaky bacon, soy milk, walden farm caramel sauce, extra light mayonaise, butter, cucumber, houmous, squash, pesto, raspberries, blueberries, chicken fillets, left over stir fry! Oh and 2 bottles of beer! Lol
  • stephdeeday
    stephdeeday Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I don't want to take pictures because my fridge is really dirty right now and I'm ashamed..haha..I just got home from grocery shopping and a Costco run so it's really full right now..

-spinach
    -bagged salads
    -family pack of chicken breasts that I'm cooking tomorrow
    -blackberries
    -cottage cheese
    -greek yogurt cups
    -orange juice
    -laughing cow cheese
    -cheese strings (for my girlfriend :smile: )
    -milk
    -cream
    -whole wheat tortillas
    -rye bread
    -pre-cut sweet potatoes
    - huge package of cheese tortellini
    - package of pre cooked grilled chicken strips
    - sliced turkey breast
    - shredded cheese
    - hummus
    - eggs
    - pickles
    - english muffins
    - and way too many condiments to list

Freezer
    -brussel sprouts
    -broccoli
    -strawberries
    -pork roast
    -ground beef
    -veggie burgers
    -extra bread and english muffins
    -more chicken breasts

• alyapravda
    Options
    I have exceptionally the best fridge in the whole world and specifically in Russia, where I have a luck to live. So, enjoy the show, here is my products' list:
    • Beef meat in 2 conditions: forse meat and simple beef pieces.
    • No eggs
    • No milk
    • No bread
    • No chocolate
    • Ketchup sause.

Obviously, no food - no problems.
    P.S. - joke. I am just a poor student so I have not these problems like "OMG, I have giant delicious cake in my fridge, I definitely have to eat it whole right now".
    P.P.S. - Now I am thinking of some cleaning diet, any ideas? Something cheap. Yes, it's THAT bad to be a student in Russia.
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    Can't see the freezer bc the lightbulb is burnt out but it's basically a bunch of frozen meat h7njtd6dx9bs.jpg
    l
  • JordisTSM
    JordisTSM Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    No pictures, but currently have:

Fridge
    Milk
    Coke Zero
    Orange Juice
    Mayo
    Tomato Sauce
    Dijonnaise
    Eggs
    Margarine
    Zucchini
    Cucumber
    Mushrooms
    Ham
    Cheddar
    Feta
    Ricotta
    Cream Cheese
    Hummus
    Artichoke Hearts (anyone have a good recipe for these?)

Freezer
    Lots of vegies & fruit
    Chicken, fish, prawns
    Pizza
    Ice cream

Also have plenty of tomatoes, garlic, potatoes, and onions in the pantry with tinned fish, tinned fruit, and lots of herbs & spices.

Looks like a lot but for some reason the grocery list for tomorrow is pretty big :neutral_face:

2 person household, me and my 10 year old.
  • goddessofawesome
    goddessofawesome Posts: 563 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Yogurt, cottage cheese, olives, eggs, bacon, lettuce, tomatoes, regular milk, almond milk, cream, green pepper, head of cabbage, romaine lettuce, cheddar cheese, smoked cheese, lunch meats, Monterey jack cheese, pepperoni, salami, carrots, celery, hummus, bunch of condiments, left over mashed sweet potatoes.

Freezers (one attached to the fridge, one big stand up and one chest) is filled with meat, frozen veggies, home made stock, frozen fruit for smoothies and home made ice cream.
  • MarziPanda95
    MarziPanda95 Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    The only stuff in the fridge that's actually mine is bertolli butter and mayonnaise - labelled as mine. This is because if I leave anything else in there, my flatmates will probably eat it. Sigh. Student life. I live off of food that doesn't need to be in the fridge and can be kept in my room. This means a lot of cans of soup. I keep my bread in the freezer, along with a few other things like chicken nuggets and vegetables.
  • melimomTARDIS
    melimomTARDIS Posts: 1,941 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    4 Person household,we eat mostly vegetarian (and I eat exclusively vegetarian), and we have friends over for dinner A LOT

the fridge-
    Lowfat milk, sweet almond milk
    yogurt-Greek style,non-fat regular yogurt ,drinkable yogurt and go-gurt tubes
    Hummus, guacamole, and a container of leftover cooked beans.
    a drawer of cheese- cream cheese,slices, shreds, sticks
    a shelf of protien shakes, eggs,cottage cheese, and hardboiled eggs.

I have a self of only random cut up salad veggies, for snacking/quick salads.

Bottom drawers- one Vegetables of all stripes. canned beer. canned sugar free iced tea.

Doors- a million condiments, salad dressings, a tub of margarine and a bottle of cranberry juice

Freezer
    Boca burgers,
    Morningstar breakfast patties
    frozen fruit( 2 big bags)
    Frozen yogurt
    Sherbet
    all fruit popsicles
    a pumpkin pie

Deep freeze (BONUS!)
    boca burgers ( a small stockpile)
    vegetarian nuggets (2 boxes)
    Chi'kn
    cheese pizzas
    frozen burritos
    spanakoptia apps

I have a bag of frozen chicken breasts and frozen fish fillets, which I make my omnivore hubby sometimes.

We keep a stockpile of tofu and beans- but they are shelf stable packages, so they live in the pantry.

• azulvioleta6
    Options
    The only stuff in the fridge that's actually mine is bertolli butter and mayonnaise - labelled as mine. This is because if I leave anything else in there, my flatmates will probably eat it. Sigh. Student life. I live off of food that doesn't need to be in the fridge and can be kept in my room. This means a lot of cans of soup. I keep my bread in the freezer, along with a few other things like chicken nuggets and vegetables.

Wow, that must be really challenging.