Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!

Any of you guys on Tinder?

Options
Billy323
Billy323 Posts: 182 Member
I have been on for awhile and am curious what everyone's personal experience is with it.
Is there anything that you changed that either helped or hurt your match gathering? Do you use it for amusement or are you looking for a mate?

My personal experience is relatively successful and my end goal has changed over the course of the 6 months I have been on. I jumped on 6 months after a split in a long marriage. Initially I just wanted to get out and meet new people very casually. I had met my wife when I was young and had no adult dating experience so the beginning was sort of a learning process.

FYI I don't use traditional dating sites because they require you to pin point exactly what I want in a woman. I have three requirements and none of them are tangible enough to input in a profile questionnaire. Everything else is negotiable.

Replies

• Billy323
    edited January 2015
    Options
    haha its funny how nobody responds to this but I am getting PM's BTW by guys I meant the group not just guys.
  • cassandra884
    cassandra884 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Although not currently on Tinder, I did try it out for a few weeks. Seems to me as though most of the men on there (or at least the ones I encountered) are looking for a hook-up and not much else...
  • Billy323
    Options
    Although not currently on Tinder, I did try it out for a few weeks. Seems to me as though most of the men on there (or at least the ones I encountered) are looking for a hook-up and not much else...

I hear that a lot too. I always laugh because would you really want to be with a girl who agrees to such things via text? Nothing like being #4 for the week.

You may be surprised how many ladies are looking for the same thing but are far more underhanded about it.

• cassandra884
    cassandra884 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I can imagine...
    You're right though, women tend to be less frank about the matter. I'm sure there are also men on there looking for something a little more meaningful...that just wasn't my experience.
  • Megan101792
    Megan101792 Posts: 3,194 Member
    Options
    Tinder is what MFP is without the hey, let me friend you...then...its let just hook up
  • Billy323
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Tinder is what MFP is without the hey, let me friend you...then...its let just hook up

I wish I could play dumb but a friend of mine met up with a girl from MFP. Out of all the websites...

Just got home from a Tinder date. Chick runs a similar game as myself. One and done dates because having a second date is too much like a relationship. All we talked about was our dating experiences which is the worst possible first date topic. She started putting out the signals towards the end of the night but I am not about that life.
  • Melissa90xo
    Melissa90xo Posts: 1,020 Member
    Options
    I gave up on Tinder pretty quick. One of the first guys I met on there was 28 years old, afraid of the dark and constantly talked about his ex from 4 years ago.

We spoke on the phone after we had been talking for a week or so, 15 minutes into the conversation he blurts out "I love you".

I ran. Very, very fast in the opposite direction. I logged my run as exercise for the day on MFP, so it wasn't all bad :joy:
  • Lala_LowCarbie
    Lala_LowCarbie Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I'm on there now, signed up a few wks ago out of curiosity. Just seems like a virtual meat market for hook ups.
  • HerkMeOff76
    Options
    I was.

I wasn't impressed
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,793 Member
    Options
    Not even sure what Tinder is or how you get it. Tinder is what you use to spark a fire. Guess that could be an appropriate name for such an App. Sounds deserate though.
  • Sinistrous
    Sinistrous Posts: 5,589 Member
    Options

I assure you, there is no difference. I've never used it, but MFP feels like "MyFriendlyPal" and for some "MyFriendzonePal".
  • 412lexiLEX
    412lexiLEX Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I'm on there now, signed up a few wks ago out of curiosity. Just seems like a virtual meat market for hook ups.

Pretty much.

I had it, and I got rid of it.
  • Billy323
    Options
    Take it for what it is. Don't use pics that show tons of cleavage and create a bio talking about things you like to do and what you are looking for.
  • MissInfiniti
    MissInfiniti Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I play Tinder often
  • Stoshew71
    Stoshew71 Posts: 6,553 Member
    Options
    I love that song. Pitbull, right? ;-)
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options
    I've used Tinder.

I actually met a decent guy who I dated for 6 months.

For the most part, what you get depends on what you put out there. I had some clowns contact me, but I just didn't respond.

All that said, online dating is never for the faint of heart. I'm taking a break for a while!
  • MissInfiniti
    Options
    Its entertaining at the least. Something to do when bored. I like to troll the pervs.
  • Sinistrous
    Sinistrous Posts: 5,589 Member
    Options
    Its entertaining at the least. Something to do when bored. I like to troll the pervs.

o.o
    Interesting....... I like this idea lmao
  • MissInfiniti
    Options
    Sinistrous wrote: »

o.o
    Interesting....... I like this idea lmao

So my profile reads: "Looking for one night stand, just one. Something to place my water on when we cuddle".

Clever guys get the joke, but many stop reading after "Looking for one night stand..." and I'll continue it with things like "has to be some real hard wood" "Not too big though, needs to fit through my backdoor if you know what I mean..." and when they want to meet up I suggest Ikea. Then they realize. hahaha