Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!

Any of you guys on Tinder?

Options

Replies

• Billy323
    Billy323 Posts: 182 Member
    Options

So my profile reads: "Looking for one night stand, just one. Something to place my water on when we cuddle".

Clever guys get the joke, but many stop reading after "Looking for one night stand..." and I'll continue it with things like "has to be some real hard wood" "Not too big though, needs to fit through my backdoor if you know what I mean..." and when they want to meet up I suggest Ikea. Then they realize. hahaha

haha that is really clever and I would definitely swipe you right for all the right reasons.
  • sheltered16
    sheltered16 Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    Laughing so hard
  • woods4722
    woods4722 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I'm on Tinder and have been for about 3 months and I beginning to think it's all a joke. Women on there calm to be looking for "Real Men", & "Serious Relationships"....but are you women are really looking for all that OR....are you looking for just enough attention from men to soothe your self-imaging insecurities????
  • blossomholly
    blossomholly Posts: 5,179 Member
    Options
    I've personally never used it, But my friend met her soon to be hubby on ther.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    woods4722 wrote: »
    I'm on Tinder and have been for about 3 months and I beginning to think it's all a joke. Women on there calm to be looking for "Real Men", & "Serious Relationships"....but are you women are really looking for all that OR....are you looking for just enough attention from men to soothe your self-imaging insecurities????

Possibly the latter. Really.
  • iwillsucceed0444
    iwillsucceed0444 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Billy323 wrote: »
    Take it for what it is. Don't use pics that show tons of cleavage and create a bio talking about things you like to do and what you are looking for.

LOL trust me, that doesn't work. It's doesn't matter if you show your cleavage or not, or make a really detailed bio or just "Hi hmu;-)" in your bio, most guys on tinder just want to hookup. It has a stigma for being a hookup app, and it's very true. My profile pics just show my face, I look very classy in them and have a nice bio about myself, but you still wouldn't believe some of the messages I get on there.

However, there are some guys on there who want to meet people, make friends, and date and get into a relationship. Some who just want to network as well. You can meet some pretty cool people on the app, I've had an interesting experience it. The only reason I use tinder is because it's hard to meet people in my area since I go to community college and live in a small city. I'm transferring to a big 4 year University in a big city this summer, and I'm so excited! I probably won't have to use tinder when I move, but who knows. I'll keep it anyways. :-)
  • Billy323
    Options

Its the ones who post a ton of selfie moments who are the most suspect.
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options

LOL. Because most men on Tinder are looking for serious relationships? LMAO.
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    Tinder is classy.

/sarcasm
  • Billy323
    Options
    Well most Tinder guys don't exactly beat around the bush from what I hear. I have a date setup with an older woman for next weekend. My profile says I am looking for the girl who will retire me from Tinder. We discuss relationships and she sends me her very long bio.

The entire time she asks absolutely nothing about me. If she was genuinely interested in having a legit date she would have asked more questions. This is not my first rodeo and I am not going to waste my time. I don't need Tinder to get laid and if I was so inclined I would not be chasing after a 47 year old woman.
  • Markdjones83
    Markdjones83 Posts: 852 Member
    Options
    I have tried it, but don't get many matches and when I do I realize I don't want to message them cause I'm kind of lazy right now lol.
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options
    Well most Tinder guys don't exactly beat around the bush from what I hear. I have a date setup with an older woman for next weekend. My profile says I am looking for the girl who will retire me from Tinder. We discuss relationships and she sends me her very long bio.

The entire time she asks absolutely nothing about me. If she was genuinely interested in having a legit date she would have asked more questions. This is not my first rodeo and I am not going to waste my time. I don't need Tinder to get laid and if I was so inclined I would not be chasing after a 47 year old woman.

LOL. Well, that's a first. I've never sent anyone my bio before. Weird person is weird.
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,585 Member
    Options
    id prob slay the tinder

i should join
  • SwannySez
    SwannySez Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry. I misread this as Grindr. NVM.
  • Billy323
    Options
    Just hopped back on these forums and saw this gem of a post in my most recent post list. Four days after I made this thread I found the girl I am still dating and will end up being my wife. How about that for timing.
  • AmandaNicole083
    AmandaNicole083 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    I did the tinder thing earlier this year... I met some nice people and had some good dates but didn't find it to be very productive for my needs. I met my ex husband when I was 20, we were together nearly 11 years. Dating as an adult is completely daunting and scary.
  • _SummerGirl_
    _SummerGirl_ Posts: 3,791 Member
    Options
    Just hopped back on these forums and saw this gem of a post in my most recent post list. Four days after I made this thread I found the girl I am still dating and will end up being my wife. How about that for timing.

That's awesome. Congrats! :)
  • Billy323
    Options
    mandac83 wrote: »
    I did the tinder thing earlier this year... I met some nice people and had some good dates but didn't find it to be very productive for my needs. I met my ex husband when I was 20, we were together nearly 11 years. Dating as an adult is completely daunting and scary.

You and me both haha. Met at 18, married for 15 years then boom right into the mix. Seriously glad that I am retired from dating now though.

• motivccess
    motivccess Posts: 201 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    op, can i meet gay guys in my area/city on tinder?? do u put up a selfie and make a profile and pm people like on facebook? maybe i'll look into it when i lose a few lbs and feel less hideous :p:s
  • Billy323
    Options
    motivccess wrote: »
    op, can i meet gay guys in my area/city on tinder?? do u put up a selfie and make a profile and pm people like on facebook? maybe i'll look into it when i lose a few lbs and feel less hideous :p:s

You sure can. You toss some pics up and write a short bio. Best bet is to jump on now. Tinder was a HUGE boost to my self esteem.