Reese's peanut butter eggs

Options

Replies

• arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    Of COURSE they taste better, and I'll tell you why:

The eggs lack that weird waxy chocolate rind that's around the cups, so the chocolate is smooth all the way around. This also improves the chocolate:peanut butter ratio. Science!

Ohhhhhhhh.....

• Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    earlnabby wrote: »
    OdesAngel wrote: »
    Mix equal parts by volume of peanut butter and powdered sugar, Voila', you now have the center of a peanut butter cup. Eat as is or spread onto your favorite chocolate bar or just stuff a couple chocolate chips in for the chocolate and peanut butter flavor.

You're welcome.

Yeah but the texture. I'm wondering if it's similar?

Yes it is. I have made my own peanut butter "cups" for years by making these centers and dipping in chocolate. Spreading on a chocolate bar is the quick and dirty way.
    I will be trying this. Thank you !
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options
    Mix equal parts by volume of peanut butter and powdered sugar, Voila', you now have the center of a peanut butter cup. Eat as is or spread onto your favorite chocolate bar or just stuff a couple chocolate chips in for the chocolate and peanut butter flavor.

You're welcome.

Yeah but the texture. I'm wondering if it's similar?

Yes it is. I have made my own peanut butter "cups" for years by making these centers and dipping in chocolate. Spreading on a chocolate bar is the quick and dirty way.
    I will be trying this. Thank you !

The person who gave me the recipe (all 2 ingredients) actually uses a chocolate mold and makes hers in the same cup shape as Reeses. I do balls and dip because it is easier.

• auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    Of COURSE they taste better, and I'll tell you why:

The eggs lack that weird waxy chocolate rind that's around the cups, so the chocolate is smooth all the way around. This also improves the chocolate:peanut butter ratio. Science!
    Sorry, I'm going to need a peer reviewed article...
  • 4bettermenow
    4bettermenow Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    i don't know...hazelnut and chocolate just doesn't have the same "oh god, yes..." moaning quality as pb and chocolate.
  • stephanieluvspb
    stephanieluvspb Posts: 997 Member
    Options

You're welcome.
    Ok, I srsly just went into my kitchen and made this, I put it on a kit kat cause that's all I had on hand. It was really yummy! The only issue is I think I pulled a muscle trying to mix it but it was worth it ;)
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    i don't know...hazelnut and chocolate just doesn't have the same "oh god, yes..." moaning quality as pb and chocolate.

Good, but definitely don't get the same tingly sensation.
  • 4bettermenow
    4bettermenow Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    emily_stew wrote: »

Maybe not for you.... >:)

True...whatever "floats your boat" and all that jazz, ;)
  • williams969
    williams969 Posts: 2,528 Member
    Options
    emily_stew wrote: »
    I just believe there is nothing better than the combo of pb and chocolate.

Hazelnuts and chocolate.

*mic drop*

Though PB and choco is also stellar.

Stahp trolling! You're just here to rattle our cages. This thread CLEARLY doesn't apply to you. If you don't have anything supportive to add, why bother posting? :p JK--Nutella and Ferrero Rocher are the bomb, too. They just don't make them in egg shape, covered in Hershey's/Reese's chocolate...yet...

• auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    Also, the random snack I tried at someone suggestion was awesome: walker's shortbread sandwich with crunchy peanut butter between.
  • Mpol2
    Mpol2 Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    That sounds AWESOME!!!!!!
  • Holla4mom
    Holla4mom Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    I am with a PP in that I have always passed on the eggs thinking they wouldn't be as good as the PB cups. Now I will HAVE to fit some into my calories this season. Today I had a Doubletree cookie and it was wonderful to fit that into my calories, but that's a whole 'nother, drool-worthy thread:)

I will just have to make sure I only buy one or two, and not a "dozen" eggs!
  • JenniferInCt
    JenniferInCt Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    Note to self- never click on the reese's post. You guys are killin me! Yummm.. Confession- i used to eat bags of them-- i swear my intestines were probably lined with chocolate and peanut butter
  • JazmineYoli
    JazmineYoli Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    I don't know if this has been posted yet but here is a recipe for the eggs. I haven't made it, but my friend did and said they were great.
    aturtleslifeforme.com/2012/03/peanut-butter-egg-recipe.html

peanut+butter+eggs+Easter.jpg
  • shelleygold
    shelleygold Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I can't help wondering if the passion for chocolate "eggs" exemplifies the true challenges inherent in managing what we eat in a responsible way. I suppose if I could just eat one and be satisfied I would have managed the Dopamine effect and I probably wouldn't require MFP. Not wanting to put a damper on the discussion but it is interested to me that there is a lot of joking and marvelling at this type of food when (at least for me) this food choice has made such a harmful contribution to my health and weight management. Just saying.....
  • BruceHedtke
    BruceHedtke Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    I was never a big candy bar person...or candy, really, but every spring when these come out, I have to get a half dozen and have one a day for a week. I'm ready for my yearly indulgence :D
  • spamarie
    spamarie Posts: 2,825 Member
    Options
    We don't get Reese's eggs here (UK) and it's not fair! Although it's probably a blessing, the chances of me stopping at one are minimal.
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I can't help wondering if the passion for chocolate "eggs" exemplifies the true challenges inherent in managing what we eat in a responsible way. I suppose if I could just eat one and be satisfied I would have managed the Dopamine effect and I probably wouldn't require MFP. Not wanting to put a damper on the discussion but it is interested to me that there is a lot of joking and marvelling at this type of food when (at least for me) this food choice has made such a harmful contribution to my health and weight management. Just saying.....
    The peanut butter eggs, or any other food for that matter, did not make me fat. It was overeating those foods that made me fat.
    Don't worry about dampering anyone's discussions as some of us, and probably the OP as well, have learned that moderation is the way to go. It's pretty nice not having to be mad at or scared of food (discussions).
  • 4leighbee
    4leighbee Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    Camo_xxx wrote: »
    What are these eggs you speak of ? And better then cups ? I don't see how that could be possible.

Reeses-Eggs.jpg

Whoa ... words are just words but sharing that giant, beautiful pic ... now THAT is torture ... 7:58 a.m. and I already want to blow my day on Reese's Easter eggs! :)