Drink Your Breakfast

Options

Replies

• psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,411 MFP Moderator
    Options
    I should clarify: This makes a full blender; I only drink a single glass at a time...
    A full blender would be a single glass for me :smile: .. how many servings?
  • glevinso
    glevinso Posts: 1,895 Member
    Options
    Drinking my breakfast? You mean like an Oatmeal Stout? Yes please!
  • tracie_minus100
    tracie_minus100 Posts: 465 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I have a smoothie first thing. Water, almond milk, banana, protein powder, spinach and ice. It's 215 calories and keeps me full for 2-3 hours. Then I make a couple of eggs.
  • jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    glevinso wrote: »
    Now we're talking!
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    8oz almond or soy milk
    8oz acai berry juice
    8oz some other "real" juice (I normally use pineapple juice from can)
    8oz fresh banana
    8oz frozen berries

700 calories; 148g carb, 15g pro, 9g fat, 16g fiber, 98g sugar

My "go to" breakfast...

1 cup 4%fat cottage cheese
    3/4 cup frozen berries

300 calories; 23g carbs, 26g pro, 11g fat, 11g fiber, 13g sugar

Thanks, but no thanks. I will continue to EAT my breakfast.

White toast, 100g egg white, mushroom and cheese triangle with black pepper and 100ml milk for my daily coffee allowances

245 calories, 28C, 23P and 4fat
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    glevinso wrote: »
    Like. Breakfast stouts are also a thing. And super tasty.
  • trisH_7183
    trisH_7183 Posts: 1,486 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    "michellemybelll wrote: »
    yep yep!

typically, breakie for me = toasted english muffin with a serving and halfish of PB, or with cream cheese and jam.

Yep.... This... Plus that smoothie is 3/4 of my calories and I will be sooooo hungry afterwards..

It's oatmeal and 1/2 a bagel with fat free cream cheese. This helps get the oatmeal taste out of my mouth... LOL"

Why have oatmeal you don't like the taste of? Maybe add the jam to it?

A protein smoothie for breakfast keeps me full till a late lunch.If that gets tiresome,will move on to whatever,but eating the same meal on & on,regardless of how healthy......wouldn't work for me.
  • michellemybelll
    michellemybelll Posts: 2,228 Member
    Options
    usmcmp wrote: »
    Many of us find when we drink something we don't feel like we ate and it leads to overeating.

Also, starvation mode is a myth. Studies actually show that after 14 hours in the fasted state your metabolism actually speeds up and doesn't drop below the normal level until 72 hours in the fasted state.

yep yep!

typically, breakie for me = toasted english muffin with a serving and halfish of PB, or with cream cheese and jam.

• RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    Many of us find when we drink something we don't feel like we ate and it leads to overeating.

Also, starvation mode is a myth. Studies actually show that after 14 hours in the fasted state your metabolism actually speeds up and doesn't drop below the normal level until 72 hours in the fasted state.

yep yep!

Yep.... This... Plus that smoothie is 3/4 of my calories and I will be sooooo hungry afterwards..

It's oatmeal and 1/2 a bagel with fat free cream cheese. This helps get the oatmeal taste out of my mouth... LOL
  • kristen6350
    kristen6350 Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    If I eat ANY carbs at breakfast (7am), I'm dosing & starving by 10am, so I'm gonna stick to my egg muffins and turkey sausage (179 calories with coffee/creamer). Thanks anyways.
  • snowflake930
    snowflake930 Posts: 2,188 Member
    Options

This is me as well. I have to chew my food to get the satisfaction. Drinking just is not the same for me. 99% of the time, I drink only water. I know everyone is different. I would rather chew the ingredients in your smoothie. :)

• turtlez23
    turtlez23 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I drink breakfast sometimes. It tastes good and it's quick and easy.

1 cup Almond Milk
    70g Blueberries or Blackberries
    1/2 Banana
    1/2 scoop of Chocolate Slim Fast
    Cals: 186

It keeps me satisfied for my hour ride to work, then when I get in I eat a bag of nuts!
  • Eire228
    Eire228 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Yowza, 700 calories?? I LOVE smoothies for breakfast, but mine are not that high in calories! And they keep me delightfully satisfied until my 11am snack of veggies and hummus. :) My smoothies consist of:

1 banana (fresh or frozen, but always 1 full banana)
    1 cup frozen berries (a mixture of strawberries, blueberries, raspberries)
    1 cup unsweetened almond milk
    3/4 cup vanilla greek yogurt
    spinach (I don't really measure this out, but it probably comes out to be about 1/2 cup)

Total calories: 290
    Not sure about the rest of the nutritional info since any day I've logged it, I'm also seeing the rest of the day's nutritional info. I'm also aware that wouldn't hold everyone over for the morning, but it works well for me. The greek yogurt adds enough protein that it keeps me feeling satisfied! It's my favorite thing to eat (drink) on my way to work.
  • NixThea
    NixThea Posts: 2 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I love morning smoothies especially for preworkout. Too lazy to chew in the morning :# , but I keep it at one fruit ingredient or else i get bloated.
    My most used:
    greek yogurt
    1tbs peanut butter
    1 banana
    1-2 tbs chia seeds
  • MsJulesRenee
    MsJulesRenee Posts: 1,180 Member
    Options
    I make a small smoothie every morning and it only comes out to 153 calories when you don't add juice or dairy - water only. I use everything..frozen pineapple, apples, spinach, strawberries, raspberries. I have a small bowl of oatmeal or peanut butter sandwich on the side. I have to stick with three 500 calorie meals a day, that works for me - obviously it will not work for everyone.
  • Laurend224
    Laurend224 Posts: 1,748 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I drink my dinner, but it's not smoothies I'm drinking. ;)
  • DeWoSa
    DeWoSa Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    I'm a chewer too.

112 grams yogurt, 100 grams blueberries, 50 grams granola = delicious and filling.

Some mornings I have a latte and a huge blueberry muffin from the local coffee shop. Also filling but probably because it takes me three hours to eat and drink the whole thing.
  • itsclobberintime
    itsclobberintime Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Glad that a liquid breakfast works for you. I typically skip breakfast these days, but if I do eat it, I prefer something solid.
  • Laurend224
    Laurend224 Posts: 1,748 Member
    Options
    For breakfast I've been liking oatmeal, protein powder, and 140 grams of whatever frozen fruit I have around. @ 390 calories.