Options

Replies

• TechNerd42
    TechNerd42 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    emily_stew wrote: »
    OK I think this might be the recipe my sister used, or close enough to it:

http://www.babble.com/best-recipes/homemade-nutella-oh-yes/

Thank g-d for Pinterest. Although the number of hippie, vegan, paleo BS fake imitations I had to wade through to find this was ridiculous. I have no idea what the calorie/macro numbers on this....don't really care haha

I know you said you didn't care, but according to the recipe builder if you split the recipe into 40 servings, each has:

calories 95
    Total Fat 6 g
    Saturated Fat 1 g
    Monounsaturated Fat 2 g
    Polyunsaturated Fat 0 g
    Trans Fat 0 g
    Cholesterol 3 mg
    Sodium 16 mg
    Potassium 65 mg
    Total Carbohydrate 10 g
    Dietary Fiber 1 g
    Sugars 8 g
    Protein 2 g
    Vitamin A 1 %
    Vitamin C 1 %
    Calcium 3 %
    Iron 4 %

of course, that's just with the ingredients I chose - different brands/choices might affect the end result a bit. I'm with the person who loves the Reese's Chocolate peanut butter spread. Once I ate a whole jar in less than 24 hours. Depression affects willpower in bad ways. (I am taking care of that now. Less self-medicating with chocolate, and more medicating according to doctor's orders.)
  • kyta32
    kyta32 Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    Purdy's Turona:
    Turona’s key ingredient is its 65% cocoa harvested from a single Peruvian plantation. The soil, which previously harvested bananas, retains the flavour of the fruit, which adds a distinct taste.

The first layer is Gianduja, a soft puree of almond, hazelnut and creamy milk chocolate, entwined with a French pastry flake. The second layer is a rich, dark chocolate truffle made with fresh whipping cream and cocoa. The two-layer piece is then enrobed in decadent, dark chocolate.

I can't pig out if I only buy one....
  • mygnsac
    mygnsac Posts: 13,413 Member
    Options
    Nutella used to be my favorite ice cream topping. Still love the stuff, but just eat a tsp or 2 at a time now.
  • oncem0re
    oncem0re Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I think the OP was just making a light-hearted food joke. They were not actually demonizing food or anything like that. I do not have binge eating disorder. I never have. And yet, I know there are certain foods that sometimes I will eat a whole bunch of it past the point that I want to. And the foods themselves are not incredibly nutritious, and take the space of calories for meeting my protein macro or having some fresh fruits and vegetables or meeting my calcium for the day. So, I buy those foods sometimes. Not every time I go food shopping and not every time I run out. That is another way of practicing moderation. Whatever works for you. The world will not come crashing down if someone takes a break from nutella on the way to better fitness.

^^ This and

You guys are a RIOT! o:)>:)

I Luve Me Some Nutella - I know ..... how not so good it is, but hey! My Subject pulled you guys to talk about it didn't it ? :) Good or Bad, it is now under my timmy tumm tumm... yum... yum! and for ANOTHER record, I worked out extra 30 minutes to make up for my Nutella - but I still only burned 350! I was 50 short. I'll try some more today! so I can make it up this week!

Anyway, Im just about done with my AF so looks like Nutella is going back to the very dark place it was! Behind our Pantry! where I will only search it back out when my next favorite time of the month comes back (TMI sorry!)...

• morgo20
    morgo20 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Why would anyone think nutella was a health food? silly people.

Each serving (2 tbsp.) of Nutella contains 200 calories with 100 of those calories being calories from fat. Although Nutella spread does not contain any trans fat it does contain 3.5 grams of saturated fat per serving. If you were eating a diet based on 2,000 calories daily that would be approximately 18% of your fat intake for the entire day. There are 11 grams of total fat per serving.

It should be noted that Nutella nutrition facts show that the spread itself contains a whopping 21 grams of sugar per serving. The first ingredient listed on the packaging is sugar. Remember that the ingredients on food labels are listed in order from most to least. This tells you that the main ingredient in this product is sugar.
    - See more at: http://www.healthguideinfo.com/nutrition-information/p110612/#sthash.Ox9lMWj5.dpuf

AND
    no artificial colors
    no artificial preservatives
    but
    ARTIFICIAL FLAVOR!

Vanillin
    http://www.befoodsmart.com/ingredients/vanillin.php
    http://www.chemspider.com/Chemical-Structure.13860434.html
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vanillin

I don't even know what your point is here.
    While Nutella is delicious, I can't really go back to it ever since my sister made me homemade Nutella for Christmas one year. It tasted like high fiving a million angels, and was so much better than the brand. It was far less sweet (not that I have an issue with sugar), and so much more nutty and flavourful. I need to make some...

High Fiving a million angels.. hahahah awesome
  • Aviva92
    Aviva92 Posts: 2,333 Member
    Options
    I think the OP was just making a light-hearted food joke. They were not actually demonizing food or anything like that. I do not have binge eating disorder. I never have. And yet, I know there are certain foods that sometimes I will eat a whole bunch of it past the point that I want to. And the foods themselves are not incredibly nutritious, and take the space of calories for meeting my protein macro or having some fresh fruits and vegetables or meeting my calcium for the day. So, I buy those foods sometimes. Not every time I go food shopping and not every time I run out. That is another way of practicing moderation. Whatever works for you. The world will not come crashing down if someone takes a break from nutella on the way to better fitness.

Exactly
  • mmm_drop
    mmm_drop Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    One more thing to add to my list:

Bread is the devil.
    Nutella is evil.

Don't forget sugar, I'm pretty sure it also is the debil

• AllAboutThatPace
    AllAboutThatPace Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I try to be semi good, I put it on a banana. :)
  • oncem0re
    oncem0re Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Luckie519 wrote: »
    I try to be semi good, I put it on a banana. :)

hahaha! hey I tried to be SEMI-GOOD too! I put it in "REDUCED FAT" Croissant...lol... but yes if I'm out of my croissant I look for banana and bread ... yikes!
  • funfang
    funfang Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    oncem0re wrote: »
    Aviva92 wrote: »
    i have nutella crepes every work morning for breakfast, other than those days when the breakfast place is out of them like today. it is good.

I buy the reduced fat Cresent Roll Pillsbury and cover it with Nutella and bake it, and after baking it, I then dunk the croissant in some more Nutella... I can't get enough of the darn thing. I'm giving it to my brother first thing tomorrow! (I hope)

r90jiurvfqqq.jpg

sorry you lost the fight this time, I am sure you will do better next time ;) It happens, nothing wrong to have some treats once a while. and thanks for this cool idea, I am going to make it over the weekend and my kids will LOVE them! Thank you <3
  • jequirity
    jequirity Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    dakotababy wrote: »
    How about instead of blaming things on your inability to control yourself, you take responsibility for it? Learn from it! :)

Um, isn't it taking responsibility by admitting that you have problems controlling yourself around some types of food?

*scratches head*
  • anapestic
    anapestic Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Don't beat yourself up over this. A tablespoon of Nutella is 100 calories, so you'd need to eat a little more than two cups of it to gain a pound. Or about 6.5 cups (which I think is about what you'd get from the giant Costco double pack of Nutella) to gain three pounds. So I'm guessing some (most, almost all) of that weight is temporary water weight.

And no matter what anyone says about self-control blah blah blah, the ability to resist Nutella is a superpower that many of us just don't have, so I just don't buy it. And if my daughters want me to buy it, I make them keep it in their rooms.
  • Jolinia
    Jolinia Posts: 846 Member
    Options
    anapestic wrote: »
    Don't beat yourself up over this. A tablespoon of Nutella is 100 calories, so you'd need to eat a little more than two cups of it to gain a pound. Or about 6.5 cups (which I think is about what you'd get from the giant Costco double pack of Nutella) to gain three pounds. So I'm guessing some (most, almost all) of that weight is temporary water weight.

And no matter what anyone says about self-control blah blah blah, the ability to resist Nutella is a superpower that many of us just don't have, so I just don't buy it. And if my daughters want me to buy it, I make them keep it in their rooms.

I make my son keep his junk food in his room, too. I'm betting I could wipe out both Costco containers in a day with the right delivery mechanism. Bananas wouldn't work, though, I'd make myself sick. But waffles, now waffles would probably do the trick.
  • flabassmcgee
    flabassmcgee Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    I must be the only person on the planet that does not like Nutella. Either way food is neither good or bad. You want Nutella, eat it, log it and move on.

i hate this whole "food is neither good nor bad" schtick on here. a few years ago prior to my taking a vacation from mfp, the schtick was "eat more to weigh less!!! and starvation mode for under 1200 calories OMG!" that died and now it's sugar is fine and there is no good or bad foods and don't juice!!

some food is better than others. nutella tastes good and it's not going to kill you, but it's not a top notch food nutritionally.

Yay for you. Either way food is fuel. It is neither good nor bad. IF you choose to villainize an inanimate object. fine.

LOL if you say so. this schtick on myfitnesspal is contageous and kind of annoying.

Then stay out of the forums. I fail to understand why you would think that I care about your opinion. If what you are doing works for you, cool.

idk, you answered quite a few of my posts for someone who "does not care". i think you do care, otherwise you would have ignored me.

why should i stay out of the forums? i like to post.

I replied to your response to my initial post. Again, if villainizing food helps you get the fat off. Cool, yay for you.

LOL still responding! you care about my opinion a LOT.

Can you please not derail another thread with your arguing? Think of the children, I mean the Nutella.

Yep, here we go.

3406292-8851297712-InBef.gif
  • janeasilver
    janeasilver Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Did you read about the couple in Paris recently who tried to name their baby Nutella??
  • stealthq
    stealthq Posts: 4,298 Member
    Options
    I hate Nutella--It tastes like dirty gym socks dipped in chocolate. Can't stand hazelnut flavoring. *Gagging* A sincere waste of chocolate. Feel the same way about Reese's Peanut Butter Cups--a waste of chocolate.

And I don't like Nutella because there isn't nearly enough hazelnut flavor in it and I find it too sweet. So what? This thread is clearly for the Nutella lovers among us.

Back to our regularly scheduled program ...
  • Vcorz
    Vcorz Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    A lot of people need a sense of humor, but yes, Nutella can be addicting and have an effect on people, like any other hi-calorie food. A co-worker of mine developed a Nutella habit a year or two back, and she promptly went up 2 pant sizes, lol. Had always been one pof those "effortlessly thin" types too.
  • michellemybelll
    michellemybelll Posts: 2,228 Member
    Options
    i heard nutella's nasty and tastes like plastic :sick: