I never even wanted to read any of the success stories !

Options

Replies

• fastingfurious35
    fastingfurious35 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I Didn't say all skinny ... I said at least those that I know perSonally. I know that there are skinny people that have their own battles. We all struggle in our own way. I don't judge then for being skinny. .I said what I said because it is irritating when a 120 lbs girl tells me .. oh honey trust me I know what it means to be overweight. And I ask her what is her heaviest she has been? Oh when I was pregnant I was 160. Hmm. So you expect to be able to relate to a 300/400 lbs person with that ? Yes she has her own battles .. but when people like that compare their 30 lbs loss work morbid obese person. . Its like a slap in my face. That is how I feel had nothing to do with if I'm happy for her being 120 lbs. Good for her. I didn't belittle them.. bit when you compose those 20/30/40 lbs to someone's 200/300 extra weight than that feels like you are belittling their problem.
    Please try to understand before jumping up against what I said.
    My poiny was not to step on others. But to explain I would want to meet a trainer who has lost 100/200 lbs. That person would have the right to tell me. . Listen I have been there and done that.
    Hope you all can understand my point a little better. Thank you all for taking the time to read and respond.
  • fastingfurious35
    Options
    Sorry for the typos replying on phone
  • gypsy_spirit
    gypsy_spirit Posts: 2,107 Member
    Options
    I can understand your points. As I reach my goals, I try and remember this - in all situations. We have enough people putting women down without doing it ourselves.

01c8c87d79c7230550bad90f53e8b784.jpg
  • snowflake930
    snowflake930 Posts: 2,188 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I can understand your points. As I reach my goals, I try and remember this - in all situations. We have enough people putting women down without doing it ourselves.

Nice sentiment, but unfortunately, many of us who were obese, have been put down by other women who seem to us to have no issues with self image, or if they have had, don't seem to be able to use compassion once they are in a better place with their image in relating to other women. I can totally relate to the OP on this. She wants to become a trainer, and I for one, would like to have some one like her as my trainer. You go girl!

If you have never been in a situation like this it is hard to understand how much it hurts to have others judge you for whatever reason they have for doing so. It can be anything, not just your size.
  • BamaBreezeNSaltAire
    BamaBreezeNSaltAire Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    randomtai wrote: »
    Same way I feel about trainers- those skinny girls that had never an issue with their body -

:huh:

I am going to have to second Tai's reaction. Congrats on your success, but the statement regarding assumptions about the issues or lack thereof of "skinny people" is completely unnecessary.

+1
  • gypsy_spirit
    gypsy_spirit Posts: 2,107 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options

Nice sentiment, but unfortunately, many of us who were obese, have been put down by other women who seem to us to have no issues with self image, or if they have had, don't seem to be able to use compassion once they are in a better place with their image in relating to other women. I can totally relate to the OP on this. She wants to become a trainer, and I for one, would like to have some one like her as my trainer. You go girl!

Exactly. There is NEVER a legitimate reason to put any person down.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options

If you have never been in a situation like this it is hard to understand how much it hurts to have others judge you for whatever reason they have for doing so. It can be anything, not just your size.

So that makes it ok to put others down?? That is sad.
  • fastingfurious35
    Options
    Whenbi was chronic bulimic for 6. years I ate and threw up up to 12. Times a day. every single day.
    Appointment with a nutritionist who was a skinny small frame person... tells me she can relate to my problem. I ask .. how ?
    Oh when I'm stressed out I binge I eat half block of black chocolate.
    I m telling you I'm eating a cow on a daily basis and throwing it up. I'm suicidal. ..and you compare that black chocolate to my issue ?

I think it wouldnt be right for me to tell aperson that lost a child to know how they feel ..and I didn't go through that I think it would be wrong to say I know how you feel.

If someone gave me a slap on my behind .. it would be very insensitive to tell a rape victim I know how you feel.

U get what I'm trying to say ?

Eating disorder and morbid obese ..are different from your little binge and few vanity pounds....I don't judge you for beeing skinny but for comparing yourself to me and people like me.
  • snowflake930
    edited January 2015
    Options
    randomtai wrote: »

So that makes it ok to put others down?? That is sad.

Of course it doesn't make it right!

If you have never experienced this, that is great. Many of us have, and countless times. I never knew that there were so many people who never said an unkind thing to another human being.
    Did the OP say anything about putting them down to their face, as many people have had done to them, countless times over their lives? I must have missed this part, cuz I sure did not read this.

If you think that this doesn't happen, you are sadly mistaken. It happens and often. I absolutely will not defend this type of comment made by anyone to any person, for anything, but I well certainly defend anyone that has experienced this, and unfortunately, many people have. Countless times.
  • jazzine1
    jazzine1 Posts: 280 Member
    Options

what she ^^^^ said :)
  • CandyMonster160
    CandyMonster160 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    BFDeal wrote: »
    200_s.gif

Pass the popcorn, please.

... in all honesty though. We all struggle with our own personal demons and battles, we should never look down on someone or judge them for, well anything. We all have our own view of what overweight is to each other. I have a significant amount of weight to lose (in my mind) and that doesn't make my successes any less as great as someone who has lost 100+ pounds. It's your own journey, don't' worry about what number made someone else's journey. Whether you have 10, 20, 50, or 100+ pounds to lose.. it's a battle everyday and we should support being healthy not the number on the scale.
  • Wheelhouse15
    Wheelhouse15 Posts: 5,575 Member
    Options
    Well this blew up.

OP congrats, and I wish you the best in your continued success just remember that others may have struggled as well no matter what they look like at in any paraticular point in time and you will do yourself and your future clients a huge service.
  • snowflake930
    edited January 2015
    Options
    BFDeal wrote: »
    200_s.gif

Pass the popcorn, please.

... in all honesty though. We all struggle with our own personal demons and battles, we should never look down on someone or judge them for, well anything. We all have our own view of what overweight is to each other. I have a significant amount of weight to lose (in my mind) and that doesn't make my successes any less as great as someone who has lost 100+ pounds. It's your own journey, don't' worry about what number made someone else's journey. Whether you have 10, 20, 50, or 100+ pounds to lose.. it's a battle everyday and we should support being healthy not the number on the scale.

True. In a perfect world. There is no such place. And saying we shouldn't does mean no one will. That is the truth of the matter, and that is what is sad. Teach your children not to do it, and maybe some day it will be so.

• fatkidonadiet
    fatkidonadiet Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Nice! I feel ya, sister...
  • fastingfurious35
    Options
    I get what u all r saying and I agree with it..judging or putting other people down isn't right .. but that is not what I have said. . Maybe it came across that way. . I'm sorry if I didn't know how to put it on words. . But now dine if you are judging ne as a person by one sentence that was taken out of context. Isn't that judging too soon ?.I feel that my post didn't get across the way I wanted it to. I don't want any fights and I hope there won't be any. I respect you all and as grown ups I believe we all can agree to disagree without losing respect for each other.
    I wish though that . what I wanted to say came out the right way. . Unfortunately some of you didn't understand what I'm trying to say.
  • openskybeach
    openskybeach Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I understood what you were saying! :) You go girl!
  • sansaeverdeen
    sansaeverdeen Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I mean this kindly, OP. You still have resentment and a chip on your shoulder. When you free yourself from it you WILL feel better and I speak from experience, not as someone who is better than you or looking down on you. Do you know that those "skinny" people are not physics-defying freaks and that they have had to work to keep their weight where it is? See them as inspiration. They have mastered what you are trying to master - balance. They have earned the fact that their physiology supports them as a lean person and they deserve to look like it. You will too when you get there. It's tough now but you will eventually be "naturally" skinny too and won't it suck if people resent you at first glance because they think you don't understand? You can't possibly tell everyone how far you've come or what your journey has been like.
  • blukttn66
    blukttn66 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    You are amazing and SUCH an inspiration. THANK YOU for posting this!! && I agree with you 100%, you will be a wonderful trainer/nutritionist. I want to be your client! ;)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!