I never even wanted to read any of the success stories !

Options
13»

Replies

• Emmy4444
    Emmy4444 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    What an amazing goal! That's so inspirational, you can do it!
  • laddyboy
    laddyboy Posts: 1,565 Member
    Options
    Super Job. Keep up the good work.
  • BABetter1
    BABetter1 Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    OMG! Here we go, morality police. Can't people just let this woman who is achieving her goals and finally felt confident enough to post her success thus far have her "yay me" moment? She was just stating her perception and it isn't an unusual one. Doesn't mean it is correct in every case, nor is it wrong in every case. Let it go already. I swear some of you are just trolling for a chance to pounce.
  • BABetter1
    BABetter1 Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    By the way OP, great job! Congratulations on your progress, and I wish you all the best on your next set of goals.
  • enterdanger
    enterdanger Posts: 2,447 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Congrats on your weight loss. I don't care whether you do or don't have a chip on your shoulder. As a fellow fat chick I would definitely prefer a PT who had been there.

People, feelings aren't right or wrong. They are totally subjective. People telling other people why their feelings are wrong and immoral doesn't help anyone. It just makes the person question what is wrong with them that they feel that way(which no one controls how they feel, only how they act based on that feeling) and creates additional problems. (immoral actions would be something totally different)

So what if you have some resentment. USE IT! A chip on your shoulder or resentment can be a great motivator. If that drive helps you reach your goal you can worry about perceived personality flaws later.

• fastingfurious35
    fastingfurious35 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for the support and encouragement . I'm glad for the ones that have understood my post :) . And the ones that are taking it the wrong way- hey people i still like you no matter what we don't have to always agree on everything. I mean there are amazing celebrities out there that have achieved crazy things that most of us can only dream about - and still they are not loved and accepted by everyone. So that's cool :)
    -
    I will continue to fight with myself first.. my own " voices " .. i have plenty negative stuff to fight within myself- and with myself- so I'm not even trying to address the negative comments that come from elsewhere- i got plenty " in me already "
    I mean - if you all have been " that fat chick " .. than you know how many demons you have to fight on a daily basis.. we are our own enemies - we don't need an additional one..

I'm here for support- just like everyone else is -that's all .

Again- I'm very thankful for the support and all the people that have messaged me privately and sent me friends request - based on this post. Thank you . I need you all - and if i can be of any help to any of you - than i will feel even better.
  • dinobomp
    dinobomp Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your weight loss. I don't care whether you do or don't have a chip on your shoulder. As a fellow fat chick I would definitely prefer a PT who had been there.

People, feelings aren't right or wrong. They are totally subjective. People telling other people why their feelings are wrong and immoral doesn't help anyone. It just makes the person question what is wrong with them that they feel that way(which no one controls how they feel, only how they act based on that feeling) and creates additional problems. (immoral actions would be something totally different)

So what if you have some resentment. USE IT! A chip on your shoulder or resentment can be a great motivator. If that drive helps you reach your goal you can worry about perceived personality flaws later.

Yes, what she said! I really feel that if you can't say something positive to someone, then keep quiet. It doesn't do any good when you try to prove your point. I totally understood what she meant, and she did nothing wrong. Please, people, don't be so anxious to pick a fight! Geez!!!!!

• triciab79
    triciab79 Posts: 1,713 Member
    Options
    Good for you in both reaching goals and setting new ones! I am now what most people see as a skinny girl. Everyone looks at me and assumes I have never struggled a day in my life with food. They do not know that I get up everyday and fight my addiction to sugar. They do not know that I was 100lbs heavier for most of my life. They don't see the scars I carry from being that overweight for that long, they just see what you see, a size 2 lifting dumbbells and telling others they can do it too. Everyone struggles and everyone needs a different type of motivation. Don't assume that even the life long skinny girls do not struggle with their bodies, we all do.
  • tjcuts339
    tjcuts339 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Congratulations. To all who reach there personal. Goals!! Because.it was you ultimately challenging yourself!! To all the haters who judge. Ultimately it is them that have a problem. Be it jealous. Or whatever?? Reaching goals is your choice! Being. Happy. You have achieved.it is. Great !!! Keep on being happy. You did it yourself. ...
  • tjcuts339
    tjcuts339 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    laddyboy wrote: »
    Super Job. Keep up the good work.
    That's. The attitude
  • Healthy67Chick
    Healthy67Chick Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I understand exactly what you were saying and I agree 100%! I love your attitude and your drive! You will be an awesome PT! Thank you for posting this!
  • beanerschnitzel
    beanerschnitzel Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Don't be eaten by resentment. Don't focus on the negatives. Congratulations, girl, and carry on.
  • kendalslimmer
    kendalslimmer Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    Oh honey I think you'd make a great personal trainer and nutritionist! Have you looked into what qualifications you'll need yet? Xx
  • leecha2014
    leecha2014 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    I. Love. This.

You go!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!