Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Butter <3

I've been a margarine user literally forever. There was a thread a while back that discussed margarine vs. butter. Several people recommended Kerrygold Butter, so I decided to give it a try.

I can't believe that I've been missing out so long. This stuff is AMAZING. Sometimes I just want to lick it.

Thank you so much, MFP. My life is now complete.

Replies

• ValentineNicole
    ValentineNicole Posts: 51 Member
    Kerrygold is the best!!!!
  • emdeesea
    emdeesea Posts: 1,823 Member
    I only use Kerrygold, even though I live in Wisconsin (dairy country). I so much prefer European butter over American.
  • klkateri
    klkateri Posts: 432 Member
    Butter is great and wonderful and flavorful and amazing.

That is all I have to say on the subject.
  • KHaverstick
    KHaverstick Posts: 308 Member
    I don't know what Kerrygold is, but I do love butter!
  • Organicgasm
    Organicgasm Posts: 592 Member
    vooo04.png
  • snoringcat
    snoringcat Posts: 131 Member
    Yum! I love butter. Hate margarine.
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    I don't know what Kerrygold is, but I do love butter!

It's Irish butter - though that doesn't mean a lot to me, because I've never had American butter.
  • HeySwoleSister
    HeySwoleSister Posts: 1,938 Member
    emdeesea wrote: »
    I only use Kerrygold, even though I live in Wisconsin (dairy country). I so much prefer European butter over American.

European butter has higher fat content, I believe.

Kerrygold is lovely, as is Plugra.
  • TheVirgoddess
    vooo04.png

That's hilarious.

I grew up on margarine, so I didn't really know what was out there. Now I'm wondering what else I've missed.
  • stephanieluvspb
    stephanieluvspb Posts: 997 Member
    I'm a margarine user myself. I've wanted to try butter forever but scared to make the jump. lol you've inspired me to give it a try :D
  • Organicgasm
    Organicgasm Posts: 592 Member
    I love kerrygold. I put that s*** in my coffee. Mmm. Haha
  • paulawatkins1974
    paulawatkins1974 Posts: 720 Member
    Unfortunately we don't have that where I live :( (hicktown) I've always wanted to try it though. I do usually use butter rather then margarine. I'm making my own this weekend since I need buttermilk and I also can't get that where I live. So I'll make butter, and will end up with some buttermilk! win!
  • TheVirgoddess
    I'm a margarine user myself. I've wanted to try butter forever but scared to make the jump. lol you've inspired me to give it a try :D

Do it! No regrets!
  • KHaverstick
    KHaverstick Posts: 308 Member
    Do it! I grew up on margerine, thanks to a mom who dieted in the 80's. I'll not go back. Butter for me, thanks.

• Ladiebug710
    Ladiebug710 Posts: 133 Member
    There is no comparison. Real butter rules!
  • Ellaskat
    Ellaskat Posts: 386 Member
    vooo04.png
    Love it! AAANNNND it's healthier too. Natural vs chemical? There's no question.
  • RavenLibra
    RavenLibra Posts: 1,737 Member
    Mmm Butter...everytime I see a post on butter I am reminded of the Last Tango In Paris... NOW I haven't actually seen the movie.. BUT my sister took my 70 Year old Grandmother to that film when it was in the theatre... SO I have heard there's a novel way of serving butter up :)
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    I've been a margarine user literally forever. There was a thread a while back that discussed margarine vs. butter. Several people recommended Kerrygold Butter, so I decided to give it a try.

I can't believe that I've been missing out so long. This stuff is AMAZING. Sometimes I just want to lick it.

Thank you so much, MFP. My life is now complete.
    try the hippy handmade amish stuff.

Fookin' unreal.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,865 Member

why would you be scared of butter...also many margarine's just have a bunch of hydrogenated oils (trans-fats) which are really the only fats you should truly avoid. From a nutritional standpoint, butter is a much better choice than margarine.
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    I buy local butter and would never go to margarine. Kerrygold is just too expensive for me.