Fit by 40!

Options
2»

Replies

• AmyH2323
    AmyH2323 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Love what you said. I am not 2 years from 40. I am 2 years from 50. However I really don't feel like I am 48. I started my journey in November of 2014. I joke and say that my motivation is the fact that I am going to Mexico for my son's Sr. Trip and the fact that most of the moms are very thin. It helps, but my real motivation is my health and I just want to feel better about myself. I have since lost 34.5 pounds. I started tracking on myfitnesspal the end of December. It was a goal for 2015. I try really hard not to miss logging in all my food. I really think that is a big part of my success I have had so far. My husband is also dieting with me which really helps. I also work with some great people who are very inspirational with their wight loss success. Feel free to add me as a friend, the more support from others on the same journey the better.
  • MalekaSparkle
    MalekaSparkle Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    AmyH2323 wrote: »
    Love what you said. I am not 2 years from 40. I am 2 years from 50. However I really don't feel like I am 48. I started my journey in November of 2014. I joke and say that my motivation is the fact that I am going to Mexico for my son's Sr. Trip and the fact that most of the moms are very thin. It helps, but my real motivation is my health and I just want to feel better about myself. I have since lost 34.5 pounds. I started tracking on myfitnesspal the end of December. It was a goal for 2015. I try really hard not to miss logging in all my food. I really think that is a big part of my success I have had so far. My husband is also dieting with me which really helps. I also work with some great people who are very inspirational with their wight loss success. Feel free to add me as a friend, the more support from others on the same journey the better.

Your results are strong, may I ask what program are you on??
  • moya_bleh
    moya_bleh Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    41 next month. Feel free to add me!
  • imhere2stay
    Options
    need friends please add me. i too want to be fit by 40. feel free to read my profile
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    Love your post :). So true!

I'm 37, I'll be 38 in October. My eldest child is nearly 6, my middle one nearly 4 and my youngest nearly 10 months. I have permanent dark circles under my eyes and don't wear make-up at all or get time to straighten my hair. God knows what I look like! When I'm not exhausted I actually do look younger than I am.

I go back to work after Easter (I'll be working 3 days a week as a teacher) and I'm dreading the morning rush! It's bad enough now trying to get my son to school, soon I'll be getting him to breakfast club and my girls to childcare then on to work! My husband does shift work so I'm on my own a lot.

I lost loads of weight after my 2nd (66lbs) and was a UK size 10/12 (US6/8) but gained a load in pregnancy so now I'm a UK14 and hate that mum body I still have! I've been exercising since my baby was 6.5 weeks old and logging, but the loss is sooo slow. Maybe I'll actually be back at pre-preg weight by my 40th!

I've got 31lbs left to lose.

Feel free to add me.
  • beccyleigh
    beccyleigh Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    I'm 40 in 8 weeks & have many of the same issues & goals.

I am doing no carbs or sugar for lent right now in the hope this will boost the 62lbs I still need to lose. Obvs not all by Apr 23rd but am hoping for at least 30lbs of that to be gone by then, Ambitious I know but if I never try.....

My story: Have gone from 310lbs blob in 2007 to 195 slimbo in 2009 then back up to 285lbs semi blob in 2011 down to current 246lb half blombo (blob - slimbo = blombo :smiley: )

The mission is to get down to 185lb & stay there for ever. I think we can do it :wink:
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    beccyleigh wrote: »
    I'm 40 in 8 weeks & have many of the same issues & goals.

I am doing no carbs or sugar for lent right now in the hope this will boost the 62lbs I still need to lose. Obvs not all by Apr 23rd but am hoping for at least 30lbs of that to be gone by then, Ambitious I know but if I never try.....

My story: Have gone from 310lbs blob in 2007 to 195 slimbo in 2009 then back up to 285lbs semi blob in 2011 down to current 246lb half blombo (blob - slimbo = blombo :smiley: )

The mission is to get down to 185lb & stay there for ever. I think we can do it :wink:

Blombo hahaha love it!