what is the MFP protocol...

Options
MyChocolateDiet
MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
edited January 2015 in Health and Weight Loss
..for when you ate all your day's cals by noon, and your still hungry for more lunch, and you still have dinner and two snacks coming up?

Replies

• MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    Wait, did i post this in+the wrong place? Which subheading is this under? Cant see im+on a phone
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options
    This is in general diet and weight loss help :)
  • bwogilvie
    bwogilvie Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    You're in the "General Diet and Weight Loss Help" forum.
  • Zedeff
    Zedeff Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    The protocol is to eat dinner and do a better job planning you day tomorrow.
  • sherbear702
    sherbear702 Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    Zedeff wrote: »

Yeah, that. You can't just not eat if you're hungry.
  • elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Options

Says who? Everyone has a different preference on how to handle this. There is no set "protocol".
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    elphie754 wrote: »

Says who? Everyone has a different preference on how to handle this. There is no set "protocol".

Well, there's no "protocol", but really, what would you suggest?

The only sensible thing is for the OP to eat a light meal and move on and learn from this.

• obscuremusicreference
    obscuremusicreference Posts: 1,320 Member
    Options
    Wait how does OP have 21k+ posts and still make this thread? And then be uncertain what forum they're in? I'm not mocking you but how
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options

Yes. This ^^^^^^^

It happens.
    Pre-plan tonight for what you will eat tomorrow. Put that in the diary before going to bed.
    Do a better job tomorrow following your plan.

• WalkingAlong
    WalkingAlong Posts: 4,926 Member
    Options
    Wait how does OP have 21k+ posts and still make this thread? And then be uncertain what forum they're in? I'm not mocking you but how
    I'm guessing a lot of those posts are in the Fun & Games forum, maybe?

I agree that there is no protocol. MFP is a calorie counting tool. How you choose to deal with your actual eating is entirely up to you. Some people view their calorie goal as more of a weekly thing. Some would exercise more to 'earn' dinner. Some would say, 'screw today, I'll do better tomorrow', and order a pizza.

• elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Options

Well, there's no "protocol", but really, what would you suggest?

The only sensible thing is for the OP to eat a light meal and move on and learn from this.

Honestly, it depends how I feel. If I'm not hungry, I'll skip dinner. If I am hungry, I will try to eat something lighter than normal.
  • obscuremusicreference
    obscuremusicreference Posts: 1,320 Member
    Options
    I'm guessing a lot of those posts are in the Fun & Games forum, maybe?

I agree that there is no protocol. MFP is a calorie counting tool. How you choose to deal with your actual eating is entirely up to you. Some people view their calorie goal as more of a weekly thing. Some would exercise more to 'earn' dinner. Some would say, 'screw today, I'll do better tomorrow', and order a pizza.

Ohhhhhh I forget about that. I thought they might be having fun here.

What I would do, OP, is keep my choices as low-calorie as possible the rest of the day. Then I would start tomorrow with a clean slate. Whatever you choose to do, you won't derail your weight loss.
  • 1lsttyme
    1lsttyme Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't go hungry. Maybe try to make better choices for dinner and do better tomorrow.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    ..for when you ate all your day's cals by noon, and your still hungry for more lunch, and you still have dinner and two snacks coming up?

I don't know about other people but if I was hungry I would try to eat something filling, drink water and try not to go more than 500 calories over. I would probably add some more exercise to my day and plan better in future.
  • Zedeff
    Zedeff Posts: 651 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options

Says me. It's MY fitness pal. You have yours, I have mine. If you don't agree, conduct yourself however you like.
  • ErinK09
    ErinK09 Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    I dunno. What do you do?
  • SergeantSausage
    SergeantSausage Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options

You've reached your quota, right? You're done then. No food for you!

OTOH, you could get rid of the ridiculous goals that leave you over quota and out of calories before lunch and go with something you actually have a chance of succeeding with... but hey, what do I know, right?

• Th3Ph03n1x
    Th3Ph03n1x Posts: 275 Member
    Options

You've reached your quota, right? You're done then. No food for you!

OTOH, you could get rid of the ridiculous goals that leave you over quota and out of calories before lunch and go with something you actually have a chance of succeeding with... but hey, what do I know, right?

How do you know their goals were ridiculous?

I agree with the eat something filling. Protein often works well and drink lots of water and start over tomorrow. If you're really wanting to not eat those extra calories you could take a few out of the next few days to make up for it but if you don't go WAY over you'll still be at a deficit for the week.
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,196 Member
    Options
    I have no idea if there is a protocol or not, but one way to avoid this in the future is to get into the habit of tracking BEFORE you eat. You can do this one meal at a time, but even better is to have your whole day planned out by the morning.

Even if things change a little bit as your day progresses, you are less likely to get so off track that you completely run out of calories.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    We have protocols?