High cal low fat meals?

Options
2»

Replies

• helenmelon2389
    helenmelon2389 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    So it seems I'll be eating a lot more red meat & icecream. I also forgot a trick my bodybuilder ex bf used. Dry oatmeal in protein shakes! It's such a great way to sneak in extra calories.
  • saltlife2414
    Options
    Hello fellow string beans trying to put some muscle on,

I am 5'7 and about 115lbs and trying to gain about .5lbs a week. The working out is going great, heavy lifting, little to no cardio, and I'm actually becoming stronger. My issue is trying to get the 2300 calories in throughout the day without eating too much fat. What are some good tips/recipes for high calorie low fat? It seems I'm able to meet my protein goal daily, but getting all of the carbs in is proving to be a challenge. Thanks!
    Your right where I'm at I wanna get to about 125 what about u?
  • Wheelhouse15
    Wheelhouse15 Posts: 5,575 Member
    Options
    So it seems I'll be eating a lot more red meat & icecream. I also forgot a trick my bodybuilder ex bf used. Dry oatmeal in protein shakes! It's such a great way to sneak in extra calories.

I like adding dry oatmeal to yogurt and eating it (cold), which is basically a bare bones muesli without the fruits, and nuts etc. This also works as a cut food since it's pretty filling. To add calories you can add bananas, dry fruits, and nuts and it's very quick and delicious.
  • helenmelon2389
    edited February 2015
    Options

I am 5'7 and about 115lbs and trying to gain about .5lbs a week. The working out is going great, heavy lifting, little to no cardio, and I'm actually becoming stronger. My issue is trying to get the 2300 calories in throughout the day without eating too much fat. What are some good tips/recipes for high calorie low fat? It seems I'm able to meet my protein goal daily, but getting all of the carbs in is proving to be a challenge. Thanks!

125 sounds good to me, but I've never been over 115 so I have no idea what that looks like lol
  • saltlife2414
    Options

125 sounds good to me, but I've never been over 115 so I have no idea what that looks like lol

Same here I'm excited to find out
  • missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    Options
    G35GT wrote: »
    Why limit fat? If your goal is to gain weight, just eat whatever high calorie foods you want to eat. Calories count, not the fat content. You actually need a certain amount of fats

Fat is around 9 calories per gram, so it could be that the OP is trying to maximize their calories without too many calories coming from fat. Yes, I know CICO is what matters, but just throwing out there that it could be the case here.
  • elizabethannee93
    Options

My hardest thing is going over on carbs! im so dedicated to gain weight and muscle. iv never been over 110! so im ready to gain weight:)
  • Wheelhouse15
    Wheelhouse15 Posts: 5,575 Member
    Options

My hardest thing is going over on carbs! im so dedicated to gain weight and muscle. iv never been over 110! so im ready to gain weight:)

Don't worry about going over your carbs, or fats, or protein unless your diet is unbalanced otherwise. If you want to lift to gain muscle then carbs are your best friend since they will help you in the gym.
  • AliceDark
    AliceDark Posts: 3,886 Member
    Options
    Dried fruit. High-calorie, high-carb and you can eat a ton of it.
  • elfman5150
    elfman5150 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Ramen. Rice. Pasta. Easy to eat and tastes good. I second the dried fruit as well
  • helenmelon2389
    Options
    AliceDark wrote: »
    Dried fruit. High-calorie, high-carb and you can eat a ton of it.

Dried fruits set my migraines off, otherwise I would be eating tons of it
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    OP you have already gotten some good advice..here is my advice for foods to get you into a surplus - ice cream, bagels, steak, pork, bacon, full fat cottage cheese and yogurt, pasta rice etc < just make sure to stay in your calorie/macro/micro targets....