What to put in coffee

Options
2»

Replies

• ashleycde
    ashleycde Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    No problem. And So Delicious coconut creamer doesn't really taste like coconut milk. It's a lot thicker, creamier, and less coconuty tasting. It really is meant to mimic cream.
  • daw0518
    daw0518 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    *grin* A true coffee snob drinks coffee delicious enough to drink black.

This is so true though! Last year I switched from canned ground coffee to grinding my own beans in a burr grinder and it was magical. I can't believe how many years I drank bad bad coffee. My favorite is Stumptown Hairbender. It's really expensive (like $18+ per pound) but so worth it. I think it's the reason I went from using flavored creamers or sugar to only half & half. It's too delicious to cover up! I definitely recommend the OP try some high quality coffee (if you haven't already, of course)! :smile:
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    I really like my coffee. It's veranda blend from starbucks. It is good enough to drink black. If I'm out of cream I will do so, however I just prefer it with cream lol.
  • Dudleymon1
    Dudleymon1 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I've migrated to Silk Light Vanilla soy milk. It adds a nice flavor, it's 70 cal per cup and has more calcium. And it lasts longer in the fridge. Soy contains something that mimics estrogen but it's not, and my experience is that it doesn't have the same effects.
  • NoelFigart1
    NoelFigart1 Posts: 1,276 Member
    Options
    daw0518 wrote: »
    *grin* A true coffee snob drinks coffee delicious enough to drink black.

This is so true though! Last year I switched from canned ground coffee to grinding my own beans in a burr grinder and it was magical. I can't believe how many years I drank bad bad coffee. My favorite is Stumptown Hairbender. It's really expensive (like $18+ per pound) but so worth it. I think it's the reason I went from using flavored creamers or sugar to only half & half. It's too delicious to cover up! I definitely recommend the OP try some high quality coffee (if you haven't already, of course)! :smile:

Also, how it's brewed is important. OP, when you get the quality beans, I cannot encourage you enough to learn to make a good pourover! I've even converted my husband who would drink *shudder* reheated coffee after I got my Chemex coffee pot.

• missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    Options
    AdieEve wrote: »
    More coffee.

Darn it..you took my idea!
  • Hardenton
    Hardenton Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Espresso shots ftw
  • rcottonrph1
    Options
    Anything by powdered creamers. Read the ingredients .....fake and toxic!
  • Laurend224
    Laurend224 Posts: 1,748 Member
    Options
    I put coffee in my coffee. We are vegan and I never found a non dairy milk that tasted good in coffee. I've learned to love it black
  • RhineDHP
    RhineDHP Posts: 1,025 Member
    Options
    I'm lactose intolerant so beforehand I'd only just use sweeteners. I transitioned into drinking it black. Maybe give it a try?
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    get some better coffee and drink it black.
  • goddessofawesome
    goddessofawesome Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    Anything by powdered creamers. Read the ingredients .....fake and toxic!

LOL.

I just Googled Coffemate non dairy plain powdered creamer ingredients. Sorry, but I didn't see anything "fake" or "toxic"
  • LaineyVAhimsa
    LaineyVAhimsa Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I'm vegan, I love soy milk in my coffees, you might find you won't like dairy after a little while without it. To me it smells putrid now, yuk! Lol
  • ashleycde
    ashleycde Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    It's funny that everyone's gone from drinking it with cream to drinking it black. I drank black coffee my entire life and only recently started putting coconut milk in it because it seems to help my acid reflux to some degree. I still drink it black from coffee shops though, since most places just have milk or cream.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    cwolfman13 wrote: »

problem solved.
  • goddessofawesome
    goddessofawesome Posts: 563 Member
    Options

And if you just don't like the taste of black coffee?

The fact that some people prefer milk and cream or just milk in their coffee has nothing to do with whether or not the coffee is "crap" as you're implying. It has everything to do with someones personal preference.

I get my coffee with a splash of milk -- and when I say splash I mean just a little bit -- because I don't like super hot things (beverages or food). The milk cools it down a touch for me. The only time I've had black coffee was if I was out of milk and it's not something that I like. Maybe I'll change my mind when we start roasting our own beans but I highly doubt it.
  • MarciBkonTrk
    MarciBkonTrk Posts: 310 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    In a coffee mug I warm one half cup of unsweetened almond milk in the microwave and then mix in one scoop of Designer Whey Vanilla Crème protein powder, stirring until it dissolves, then add coffee to fill the mug and stir. It's like drinking a vanilla nut crème latte! It does contain some milk but nothing like what you'd do with cream in your coffee and it's protein packed.
  • EmmieBaby
    EmmieBaby Posts: 1,235 Member
    Options
    I put coconut oil in mine...sounds weird but tastes amazing!