met with a diet coach today...was a good experience BUT

Options
124»

Replies

• nellysen
    nellysen Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I lost over 100lbs at 1700 calories per day. What they are suggesting is wrong. When you do lose at 1400, you will have no place to go.

Just for my own current mission (also have over 100 to lose) ... did you eat back the exercise calories over and above the 1700 per day?
  • JustSomeEm
    JustSomeEm Posts: 20,197 MFP Moderator
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Holy Moly!

All I can say is:

c5839569d72eabfa76c6f2de537c92a82f75764ca71cc2bbe4b562b59be3b103.jpg

I kid. But seriously, if you truly need to have a conversation regarding the ability to read 'tone' in written word, take it to the Chit-Chat forum. THIS thread is about the OPs dietician. Also:
    Grumpy-Cat.jpg
    Insulting, attacking, reciprocating is against community guidelines as well.

This thread has been cleaned up to remove some off-topic and potentially insulting posts. Please, stay on topic and stop 'being mean' to each other to avoid points being issued.

Cheers,
    davis_em
  • MrsMizart
    MrsMizart Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    I'm not nearly knowledgeable enough to answer your questions. The only bit I know is my exercise calories are shown at the bottom and I mentally take that off what is showing as having left for the day. Sometimes I'll dip into it, sometimes use all of it, and sometimes it remains untouched (as in I don't eat back any of the calories). I'm finding that if I do more than about 400 worth of exercise I have to eat back some of it or I'm ill (or ravenous) the next day.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Your coach is an idiot. Sorry. Way too little food for someone your size. Whatever number MFP gives you for losing 2 pounds a week includes your deficit already. If you exercise, you burn more calories, and it increases your deficit to a bigger one, which is unhealthy with a 2 pounds a week deficit. Eating your exercise calories evens it out so you're still at the deficit needed to lose 2 pounds a week.
  • laralosingit42
    laralosingit42 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for all the help!