Any good ideas for plain old Chicken?!?!

Options
13»

Replies

• HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options
    I'll add the link with this one, as it's got so many other chicken ideas that are low fat you might enjoy. Most of these recipes are from ones I've saved and made. I typically save the link for when I share so you'll have a photo to look at. I used to know how to do photo's on here.:ohwell: Lowfatcooking.about.com is a great site for all sorts of healthy ideas :)

http://lowfatcooking.about.com/od/chickenrecipes/r/chickenchiladas.htm

Low Fat Chicken Enchiladas

This a is a great way to use leftover chicken or rotisserie chicken. These creamy enchiladas are quick and easy to make. It's comfort food with a fraction of the fat.
    Prep Time: 10 minutes
    Cook Time: 30 minutes
    Total Time: 40 minutes
    Ingredients:
    4 corn tortillas
    1 1/2 cups shredded cooked chicken (skinless, white meat)
    1/2 cup black beans
    1/2 cup sweet corn
    1 cup medium or hot salsa
    1 cup plain low fat yogurt
    1/2 cup reduced fat sour cream
    1/2 cup reduced fat shredded Jack cheese
    Preparation:
    Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
    Coat an 8-inch by 8-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Warm tortillas according to instructions on package.

Combine shredded chicken with black beans and sweet corn. Mix salsa, yogurt and sour cream and spoon half the salsa mixture into the chicken, beans and corn. Blend well.

Divide chicken mixture among the tortillas. Carefully roll tortillas and place them seam down in the baking dish. Spoon remaining salsa mixture over the tortillas. Sprinkle cheese on top. Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes.

Serves 4.

Per Serving: Calories 368, Calories from Fat 78, Total Fat 8.6g (sat 5g), Cholesterol 75mg, Sodium 883mg, Carbohydrate 39.7g, Fiber 3.7g, Protein 32.8g
  • HealthyChanges2010
    Options
    OMG! Yes!! http://busycooks.about.com/od/chickenrecipes/a/quickchicken.htm Everything on here is super quick and easy and really good. Luckily...since it's boneless skinless chicken, it's all good FOR you too! good luck!
    Thanks! Love to check out new sites and try out new chicken ideas:flowerforyou:

Ok, I've shared a ton of chicken recipes but still have more after you've tried all these and everyone else's!:laugh:

Enjoy all your new recipes hpruett :flowerforyou:

Becca
  • CathyNS
    CathyNS Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I made this for supper tonight it was so delicious:
    Moroccan Stewed Chicken http://recipes.womenshealthmag.com/Recipe/moroccan-stewed-chicken.aspx
    I used real tomatoes to cut down on the sodium and didn't add salt and pepper and my hubby said it was good except it needed more salt, can't please everyone I guess :)
  • Unicornlover
    Unicornlover Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Wow! Ya'll are all amazing chefs! We need to have a My Fitness Pal Cookbook! LOL

Thanks to everyone for sharing. . . :flowerforyou:
  • Rhonnie
    Rhonnie Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    You kind find a baked chicken nugget recipe that the kids will love helping you make. :)
  • thumper44
    thumper44 Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    bump
  • heather62803
    heather62803 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Oh my you all don't just have "good" ideas you have great ideas - that for the most part sound easy enough for even me to make and please my family. We have enough recipes to have exciting chicken meals for the next 6 months!!!! THANKS!!!!!!:happy: I'm gonna be one happy and healthy mom!!!
  • livingnlove
    Options
    Crockpot fajitas:
    boneless skinless chicken breasts and fajita seasoning (I use a homemade no salt recipe I found at cooks.com)
    put all together in the crockpot on low for 6-8 hours. Shred the chicken when you get home and saute some veggies to go with it.

Crockpot BBQ chicken:
    boneless skinless chicken and BBQ sauce. put in crockpot on low for 6-8 hours and shred when you get home.

I also make a stir fry with cut up or shredded chicken and add 1 can coconut milk and curry powder. Yum!
  • HealthyChanges2010
    Options
    bump
  • size7again
    size7again Posts: 81
    Options
    BUMP
  • just4peachy
    just4peachy Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    bump
  • TyroneM
    Options
    Wow fantastic meals, ideas and links, thank you for starting this post and everyone for the wonderful ideas.:tongue: