Best Heart Rate Monitor?

Options
2»

Replies

• rassha01
    rassha01 Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    I have the Zephyr HXM that connects via bluetooth to my phone. Works great with Endomondo and pushes all of my exercise data directly to MFP. It is rechargeable so there is no need to replace any batteries. I have been using it for 6 months with no issues and 1 charge will last for about 6 hours of exercise.
  • iNicoleLawson
    Options
    I love my Polar FT7!!
  • Melo1966
    Melo1966 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    I got a Garmin Forerunner 110 last month on sale and love it. I wanted a watch with GPS for running and hiking as well as a chest strap HRM that can be used indoors too. I now forget I am wearing the strap. You need to make a list of the top features you want and how much you are able to spend.
  • brinsy
    brinsy Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Just ordered the polar ft40. Hoping ill like it and it'll do what it's meant to
  • silverinc13
    silverinc13 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I recently got the Polar FT 7 and I love it! Does everything I want and was reasonably priced at 65 on amazon.
  • Leeann1979
    Leeann1979 Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    I had the Polar FT4 for about 2 and a half years. It was great, but after about 2 years, I started getting wonky readings. It would cut out to a reading of "00". I changed the battery, it helped briefly, but kept doing this. I figured I used it a lot for a couple years, so I got its moneys worth. It was $159 in Canada. I know they are cheaper elsewhere. Target has it for much less, and even eBay has them cheaper.

I got the Polar FT7 for my birthday 2 weeks ago, and so far its great. Its a little more expensive than the FT4, but my boyfriend paid so its ok :)

It has a nicer chest strap in my opinion. Its more comfortable. I don't believe any device gives an accurate reading, but a heart rate monitor is far more accurate than MFP's numbers. I deduct 10% from my calories burned on my HRM just to be on the safe side.
  • meredithkrueger
    Options
    Polar FT4. I bought it 2 weeks ago on sale for $52 from HeartRateMonitorsUSA.com. They have excellent prices & no shipping fees. This HRM comes with a strap but it seems to be more accurate than the "Watch only" types. I LOVE it!!!!
  • MightyDomo
    MightyDomo Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    Personally I use a Garmin Forerunner 110 as it also tracks location for running, walking and cycling. I love it, can't say one bad thing about it other than the chest strap could come in colors other than black... but the watches come in different colors and depending on the model you can also get ones that are for swimming and other activites too. (those models are built for the specific sports but can generally do regular monitoring as well)

I hear a lot of good things about the Polars as well, they get good ratings from what I see.
  • LaChinaDoll
    LaChinaDoll Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I got a Polar ft60 and I love it. I chose it over the ft7 because it can test your vo2 max in accuracy. It has a little more features. It has the ability to track GPS and you can sync it to Polars website but you need an extra accessory to do so which I think is kinda dumb at this day in age, why not make it Bluetooth? Anyway overall it's a great watch does what I need it to do since I'm not a runner. I noticed when doing my own research that for serious runners Garmins are the way to go for it tracking and GPS without extra accessories, they are however, a bit more pricey but I've read worth the investment if you're wanting more of those features!
  • Patti1023
    Patti1023 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I have a Polar and it works fine so far (I got it for Mother's Day) but I want an HRM that works with Endomondo or another app & pulls the data into MFP without me having to dink around with it.

I emailed Endomondo to ask for a suggestion of what HRM would work with their app, they suggested the Zephyr. Are there others that aren't too expensive that I should consider? I don't want to spend more than around $100.