• ShellyBell999
    ShellyBell999 Posts: 1,482 Member
    Options
    Pure Awesomeness :sunglasses:

Go You!! :flowerforyou:
  • 4leighbee
    4leighbee Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    Thanks :) When I lift again on Sunday, it will be so much less intimidating! It's just that very first time, I hope/think ... !
  • 4leighbee
    Options
    So I upped my weight by ten pounds on my squats today (95 now ... a lot for me!) ... felt so proud I thought I'd take a pic of my newly re-energized (not growing because I'm in a deficit) muscles. I took like 20 pics, felt utterly ridiculous, deleted them all, and just decided to update this thread instead. I am comfortable working my plan in the weight room now; I'm working hard and feeling great. But MFP is not likely to see a muscles selfie from me lol! :sweat_smile: xo
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    You should have kept and posted the selfie. I'm certain it wasn't ridiculous. Well no more so than any of ours, anyway.
  • AllanMisner
    AllanMisner Posts: 4,140 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You’ve now done the best possible thing for yourself you could have. The sky’s the limit now!
  • lngrunert
    lngrunert Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I'm so glad you updated this! Not only for you, but I found my own post where I said that I was only squatting the bar. I'm now squatting 75lbs - not a ton, but not bad progress for less than two months!
  • sgthaggard
    sgthaggard Posts: 581 Member
    Options
    Woot!
  • ScientificExplorerGirl
    Options
    Good on you :-)
  • 4leighbee
    Options
    Thanks, all! And @Ingrunert ... awesome job!!
  • earlyxer
    earlyxer Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Remember - unless your thighs reach horizontal or below, it doesn't count as a squat.
  • lngrunert
    lngrunert Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    4leighbee wrote: »
    Thanks, all! And @Ingrunert ... awesome job!!

Thank you! Just this week I was able to go from bench pressing with dumbells to doing so with the bar. I may not be that strong, but I'm getting stronger and that's really what it's all about for me.
  • 4leighbee
    Options
    earlyxer wrote: »
    Remember - unless your thighs reach horizontal or below, it doesn't count as a squat.

yes - I've been very careful about this - it's amazing what a difference it makes, those six inches lower ... you *really* feel it coming up!
  • sarahrbraun
    sarahrbraun Posts: 2,261 Member
    Options
    earlyxer wrote: »

You mean "parallel to the floor"...right?

• 4leighbee
    Options
    I took it to mean that ... figured so!