Help with Breakfast ideas

Options
hi everyone, I am struggling to find nice healthy things for breakfast that are low in calories! Any ideas please? ( I'm In Aust)

Replies

• RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal with sliced almonds. Greek yogurt with flax or chia seeds.
  • carriejod
    Options
    I have been boiling enough eggs for the week and gave 2 hard boiled eggs in the morning. Easy and I dont have to think about it every day! Plus I stay full from them.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    I have plain Greek yogurt with fresh fruit and nuts- about 200-250 calories.
  • emmooney235
    emmooney235 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I've boiled eggs for the week and have 2 eggs with an English Muffin. Right now I'm on a baked oatmeal kick. I've been making pumpkin oatmeal muffins, 2 are about 300 calories and keeps me full till about 10:30-11am. There are so many ideas if you Google or go to pintrest.
  • NikonPal
    NikonPal Posts: 1,346 Member
    Options
    I normally stick with a low calorie but nutritious & filling breakfast...and then have additional calories saved for other times.

20150106_085919_breakfast1_blank_zps172cde0a.jpg

20150107_105730_breakfast_zps4f855fd3.jpg

20150131_091346_breakfast%20blank_zpsrdwn6hvh.jpg

MyBreakfastRecipes1_zpsc5ce6454.jpg

73641431.png

• NikonPal
    Options
    One more...

20150201_072823_breakfast_blank_edited-1_zps13btwkdj.jpg
  • ashleearoha
    ashleearoha Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I love my zucchini and carrot bowl with fried eggs on top!

Grate a zucchini and a carrot. Cook in some coconut oil in a fry pan, add whatever spices take your fancy, put in a bowl once cooked. Cook eggs however they take your fancy and place on top! So filling and nutritious with good amount of protein and healthy fats :smile:
  • LazyNightOwl
    LazyNightOwl Posts: 166 Member
    Options

Grate a zucchini and a carrot. Cook in some coconut oil in a fry pan, add whatever spices take your fancy, put in a bowl once cooked. Cook eggs however they take your fancy and place on top! So filling and nutritious with good amount of protein and healthy fats :smile:

I've found a new breakfast to try! This sounds yum!!
  • AliluniqueLaura
    AliluniqueLaura Posts: 43 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    I have steel cut oats with unsweetened almond milk. Those keep me full longer (about 4 hours) and gives me energy for the gym. With black coffee 201 calories.
  • RebelDiamond
    RebelDiamond Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I have a protein smoothie for breakfast every day, half of one frozen banana, almond milk (substitute with coconut water, water, yogurt, skinny milk etc), flax seeds, and one scoop of protein powder. I alternate between vanilla and chocolate protein, sometimes add frozen berries, cinnamon or coffee... quite versatile
  • kezapet
    kezapet Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    NikonPal wrote: »
    I normally stick with a low calorie but nutritious & filling breakfast...and then have additional calories saved for other times.

20150106_085919_breakfast1_blank_zps172cde0a.jpg

20150107_105730_breakfast_zps4f855fd3.jpg

20150131_091346_breakfast%20blank_zpsrdwn6hvh.jpg

MyBreakfastRecipes1_zpsc5ce6454.jpg

73641431.png

Yummy, I think u better come get me brekky everyday, lol
  • kezapet
    Options
    Yum

yummy, I'll give that a go tomorrow
  • its_annabelle
    its_annabelle Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Some stuff I eat for breakfast:

lowcal cereals with 0% milk (cheerios is my staple)
    oatmeal
    boiled eggs
    greek yogurt
    protein shakes
    smoothies
    toast and scrambled egg whites

truthfully, I tend to not have a lot of time in the morning, so I don't focus much on cooking breakfast and do whatever is fast/convenient.

• kezapet
    Options
    Thx Annabelle, I am time restricted too of a morning with early starts at work..... I usually have Special K with sliced banana or sultana bran, or in winter I have plain quick oats....just gets a bit boring, I love poached eggs but would have to have toast with it and I am trying to stay away from bread
  • kezapet
    Options
    I have steel cut oatsWhat are steel cut oats? with unsweetened almond milk. Those keep me full longer (about 4 hours) and gives me energy for the gym. With black coffee 201 calories.

• kezapet
    Options
    Wat are steel cut oats? Lol
  • kezapet
    Options
    I have a protein smoothie for breakfast every day, half of one frozen banana, almond milk (substitute with coconut water, water, yogurt, skinny milk etc), flax seeds, and one scoop of protein powder. I alternate between vanilla and chocolate protein, sometimes add frozen berries, cinnamon or coffee... quite versatile

I have trouble substituting a meal with a drink, I know it's all in my head but I've tried, lol
  • rtrels
    rtrels Posts: 13
    Options
    Im in Australia too (Melbourne).
    I eat pretty much anything not just generic breakfast items. This morning I ate leftovers from last night (spinach and ricotta cannelloni) but sometimes I make porridge in the slow cooker, congee (rice porridge... in the slow cooker), omlette loaded with loads of veggies and chilli sauce, rice and garlic broccalini, pho (cooked in the slow cooker). If I cant be bothered cooking or I have put nothing on the night before and have no left overs and I tend to eat corn flakes with milk and strawberries or mango. Sweet potato hash is beautiful with fried eggs on top too (and chilli sauce).
  • rtrels
    rtrels Posts: 13
    Options
    Slow cooker is great when your pressed for time too :smile:
  • NikonPal
    Options
    Breakfast & Lunch - big dinner in order... :)

20150203_091620%20cal_zpsaehqy8zn.jpg

20150203_144550_LUNCH%20Haddock_2_zpsib2affmf.jpg