I've been advised to snack

Options
2»

Replies

• TheEats
    TheEats Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    My calorie goal is 1500. I don't eat back exercise calories as I'm trying to cut.

My maintenance is 1670 (I sit around most of the day).

The actual snacks are not the problem, the problem is that snacking encourages mindless eating in me. When I start I can't stop.

Then I encourage you to stick to your meals. Your calorie goal is at a healthy number and you know snacking is not for you.

None (most) of us are trained dietitians either, but trust your own experiences.
  • rendash49221
    rendash49221 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I do snack, but it's because I was having some difficulty with my blood sugar. It would drop and then I would go berserk at the next meal and over eat. If you're not having trouble with that, and feel you do better without snacks, then don't. I think that how, what and when someone eats is a very individual thing; just really listen to your own body.

If you do decide to snack, chose something sensible that will fill you up. Some of my favs are apple slices with peanut butter, hummus with baby carrots and grapes with some cheese. I use my snacks as a way to get some extra fruit and veggies into my diet.
  • MustLoveCats21
    Options
    I do snack, but it's because I was having some difficulty with my blood sugar. It would drop and then I would go berserk at the next meal and over eat. If you're not having trouble with that, and feel you do better without snacks, then don't. I think that how, what and when someone eats is a very individual thing; just really listen to your own body.

If you do decide to snack, chose something sensible that will fill you up. Some of my favs are apple slices with peanut butter, hummus with baby carrots and grapes with some cheese. I use my snacks as a way to get some extra fruit and veggies into my diet.

I typically have low blood pressure. But when that happens I eat a teaspoon of yeast extract. Really really salty. Helps real quick. :)