The best peanut butter?

Options

Replies

• ashleycde
    ashleycde Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    You'all are not helping, lol!

I like MaraNatha's almond butter so maybe I'll get that.

I win!

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    ashleycde wrote: »

I win!

Well unless the other natural no stir PBs are cheaper. I'm starting to dislike the ones you have to stir though, because I always end up with inedible thick stuff at the end of the jar.
  • MoiAussi93
    MoiAussi93 Posts: 1,948 Member
    Options
    Trader Joe's Natural Peanut Butter...comes in both crunchy and smooth. Salted and unsalted.
    Whole Foods 360 natural peanut butter.

Both are very good and cheap (I prefer them to regular peanut butter), though Trader Joe's is slightly less expensive.
  • walleyeten
    walleyeten Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I have been using this product: bellplantation.com/products/pb2-powdered-peanut-butter/12-pack-1lb-jars-of-pb2-powdered-peanut-butter-box.html Works great in Protein shakes too. Check out the nutrition info, the fat is 10 times less. I buy case at a time. They have recipes at this site also. Randy
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    Options
    ashleycde wrote: »

I win!

Well unless the other natural no stir PBs are cheaper. I'm starting to dislike the ones you have to stir though, because I always end up with inedible thick stuff at the end of the jar.

I poor a little of the oil off and use it for cooking, then stir well and keep in the fridge. It doesn't separate in the fridge.
  • Lourdesong
    Lourdesong Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    Taste-wise, I like JIF creamy or crunchy. That's a treat, I don't eat it often because it is really high calorie.

I haven't enjoyed other brands of PB, either too sugary (like grainy in texture and too sweet) or really oily.
    I want to try PB2, hoping it shows up at Costco.

• auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    Lourdesong wrote: »
    Taste-wise, I like JIF creamy or crunchy. That's a treat, I don't eat it often because it is really high calorie.

I haven't enjoyed other brands of PB, either too sugary (like grainy in texture and too sweet) or really oily.

PB2 is essentially just peanut flour (it might have some sweeteners in it, and the chocolate version has cocoa and likely sweeteners as well). You can usually find peanut flour anywhere and relatively cheap.
  • Lourdesong
    Lourdesong Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    auddii wrote: »
    Lourdesong wrote: »

PB2 is essentially just peanut flour (it might have some sweeteners in it, and the chocolate version has cocoa and likely sweeteners as well). You can usually find peanut flour anywhere and relatively cheap.

Oh that's interesting.... 'course, now that you said it, it seems really obvious, lol. I'll add peanut flour to my grocery list and experiment. Thanks. :)

• heathertadlock
    heathertadlock Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter & Co white chocolate wonderful is the best! :)
  • Showcase_Brodown
    Showcase_Brodown Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    I enjoy Skippy "Natural" creamy and plain ol' Jif.

Or the crunchy versions.

Or the versions with honey.

Aw hell, any peanut butter will do.
  • nickatine
    nickatine Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Kraft Natural Peanut butter. Skippy is an acceptable second choice.
    Ditto,
  • _John_
    _John_ Posts: 8,641 Member
    Options
    The good regular stuff that still has trace levels of trans fat for me...Jif>Reeses>Skippy
  • akboy58
    akboy58 Posts: 137 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Jif or peter pan, definitely. Natural peanut butter is like dry and oily at the same time.

I'm a Jif fan. The difference in calories (my main concern) between processed and natural is miniscule, and I like my PB smooth and creamy. I have 2 tbsp on whole wheat pita 3-4 times a week for breakfast -- I love it, and it keeps me going all morning until lunch.
  • Chey16
    Chey16 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Vitacost's Peanut Butter Slim! It's vitacost's version of PB2, yet cheaper. Plus all it contains is roasted peanuts, some salt and some sugar! It's delicious!
  • kelseymallen
    kelseymallen Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Smucker's Natural Creamy Peanut Butter with Honey. My local Walmart and Publix both sell it.
  • jnv7594
    jnv7594 Posts: 983 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    My husband finished the jar yesterday... So we need to buy more.

But I'm curious... I typically go with the 'natural' stuff without adding anything, but taste-wise... which brand is the best?

I eat Smuckers Natural. The only downside is that you have to stir it before eating. It only has two ingredients, which are peanuts and salt...that's it. I prefer the flavor of it to other peanut butters, but that's just me. I also like the fact that it doesn't have a bunch of stuff in it I can't pronounce. I probably eat enough of that stuff on a regular basis anyway, lol.

dappphtzcof5.jpg

• drbcru
    drbcru Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I just recently tried PB2. It's powdered peanuts - you add water. super low calories/fat. Sold on-line, wal-mart & health food stores. Reminded of the peanut butter in candies, not totally real peanut butter but the fact that it doesn't have a bunch of additives and low fat/calories make it a good alternative while we trying to loose and they have it in chocolate.
    Ingredients: Roasted peanuts, sugar, salt.
    Serving size: 2 Tablespoons (12 grams)
    Servings per container: 15
    Calories: 45
    Calories from fat: 13
    http://www.bellplantation.com/nutrition
  • prattiger65
    prattiger65 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    drbcru wrote: »
    I just recently tried PB2. It's powdered peanuts - you add water. super low calories/fat. Sold on-line, wal-mart & health food stores. Reminded of the peanut butter in candies, not totally real peanut butter but the fact that it doesn't have a bunch of additives and low fat/calories make it a good alternative while we trying to loose and they have it in chocolate.

This^^^^^^ the bang for the buck(calorie), PB2 can't be beat. It's not peanut flour.
  • jnv7594
    jnv7594 Posts: 983 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    drbcru wrote: »

I don't understand the PB2 love at all I guess. You can find peanut butter without any additives...the one I listed is just peanuts and salt. Someone else listed another brand that is the same. And I usually eat it for the calories and healthy fats it contains. Real peanut butter is healthier imo.

http://www.prevention.com/food/smart-shopping/healthy-eating-why-peanut-butter-good-you

• Derpes
    Derpes Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options
    Peter Pan Honey Roasted. Best peanut butter ever.

^this