The best peanut butter?

Options

Replies

• price0909
    price0909 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    You need to find peanut butter with just peanuts.. or peanuts and salt.
    all those brands have so much crap and sugar to mask the taste.. just bc it says natural doesn't mean anything the FDA doesn't have ruling on the word.
  • prattiger65
    prattiger65 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    jnv7594 wrote: »
    drbcru wrote: »
    I just recently tried PB2. It's powdered peanuts - you add water. super low calories/fat. Sold on-line, wal-mart & health food stores. Reminded of the peanut butter in candies, not totally real peanut butter but the fact that it doesn't have a bunch of additives and low fat/calories make it a good alternative while we trying to loose and they have it in chocolate.
    Ingredients: Roasted peanuts, sugar, salt.
    Serving size: 2 Tablespoons (12 grams)
    Servings per container: 15
    Calories: 45
    Calories from fat: 13
    http://www.bellplantation.com/nutrition

I don't understand the PB2 love at all I guess. You can find peanut butter without any additives...the one I listed is just peanuts and salt. Someone else listed another brand that is the same. And I usually eat it for the calories and healthy fats it contains. Real peanut butter is healthier imo.

http://www.prevention.com/food/smart-shopping/healthy-eating-why-peanut-butter-good-you

Have you ever tried it?
  • tanyabecka
    tanyabecka Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I just get Wegmans (its the grocery store out here) organic creamy PB. I'll have 2tbsp tops per/day.
  • Bukeelaka
    Options
    salembambi wrote: »
    /kraft peanut butter is the only acceptable and perfect peanut butter

I second this^^^
  • jnv7594
    jnv7594 Posts: 983 Member
    Options
    I just recently tried PB2. It's powdered peanuts - you add water. super low calories/fat. Sold on-line, wal-mart & health food stores. Reminded of the peanut butter in candies, not totally real peanut butter but the fact that it doesn't have a bunch of additives and low fat/calories make it a good alternative while we trying to loose and they have it in chocolate.

I don't understand the PB2 love at all I guess. You can find peanut butter without any additives...the one I listed is just peanuts and salt. Someone else listed another brand that is the same. And I usually eat it for the calories and healthy fats it contains. Real peanut butter is healthier imo.

http://www.prevention.com/food/smart-shopping/healthy-eating-why-peanut-butter-good-you

Have you ever tried it?

I have. I still prefer the regular kind. Just my opinion...

• prattiger65
    prattiger65 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options

Have you ever tried it?

I have. I still prefer the regular kind. Just my opinion...

To each their own. It tastes great, has all the protein and fat, and about a third the calories. I'm a fan.
  • beatnikragamuffin
    beatnikragamuffin Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Bulkpowders.co.uk crunchy, no sugar, salt, fat or additives, just the PB.. And it's only about a fiver for a kg. I'd like to take this opportunity to say that the Cashew butter from myprotein.co.uk is bloody delightful.
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    OK, so I guess I need to branch out and add Peter Pan Honey Roasted and PB&Co.'s White Chocolate Wonderful to my grocery list. I usually just get the store brand peanut butter.

I do like Vermont Almond Butter on apples, though...
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I have almond butter and PB2 (which I use in oatmeal). But sometimes we want real peanut butter.
  • beemerphile1
    beemerphile1 Posts: 1,710 Member
    Options
    We have a couple places locally where we buy peanut butter that is 100% peanuts and nothing but peanuts. That is what I like, no added sugar, oil, or salt.
  • melimomTARDIS
    melimomTARDIS Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    OK, so I guess I need to branch out and add Peter Pan Honey Roasted and PB&Co.'s White Chocolate Wonderful to my grocery list. I usually just get the store brand peanut butter.

I do like Vermont Almond Butter on apples, though...
    Peterpan honey roasted is special stuff.

• Raynne413
    Raynne413 Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options

I find PB2 pretty disgusting. LOL Fine for recipes, but if I want peanut butter, it just won't cut it.

• dunnodunno
    dunnodunno Posts: 2,290 Member
    Options
    I really liked the Maranatha No Stir Raw Creamy, Maranatha Almond Butter Crunchy, Peanut Butter & Co.'s White Chocolate Wonderful, & Jif Natural Crunchy Peanut Butter With A Touch Of Honey.
  • tincanonastring
    tincanonastring Posts: 3,944 Member
    Options
    skippy-640-620x460.jpg

/thread
  • allenbrowning
    allenbrowning Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    My husband finished the jar yesterday... So we need to buy more.

But I'm curious... I typically go with the 'natural' stuff without adding anything, but taste-wise... which brand is the best?

I make my own peanut butter. It's easy and delicious.
  • Revonue
    Revonue Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I like Jif, creamy or the whip variety. I also second the person who mentioned the Wegmans organic, it's not quite as good as Jif but personally I like it better than Peter Pan or Skippy.
  • shellma00
    shellma00 Posts: 1,684 Member
    Options
    peanut-butter-and-co-flavors-review-01.jpgall natural
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    Jif smooth.
  • RHSheetz
    RHSheetz Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Homemade Chocolate Fudge Protein Peanut Butter....