Anyone using anything to help lose weight, shakes, teas, caffeine, ect?

Options

Replies

• navyrigger46
    navyrigger46 Posts: 1,301 Member
    Options
    I used a barbell and a healthy dose of willpower every day along with a diet consisting of healthy food such as pizza, cheeseburgers, and chili dogs.

All those detoxes and pills, potions and old wives tales that Dr. Oz peddles are merely ways of separating the gullible from their hard earned money, no thanks.

Rigger
  • lizalmp1234
    lizalmp1234 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    MKEgal wrote: »
    I'm not looking for a magical weight loss, when I lost the weight I went to the gym twice a day everyday
    That's excessive & unhealthy. You need to find a gay psychic (happy medium).
    And yes, it seems you are looking for "a magical weight loss", asking about shakes, teas, etc.

"Most weight loss occurs because of decreased caloric intake.
    However, evidence shows the only way to maintain weight loss is to be engaged in regular physical activity."
    http://www.cdc.gov/healthyweight/physical_activity/index.html

When I started last year, I used an appetite suppressant to control my hunger while I learned to eat normal-sized portions. It didn't lose the weight for me, just made it possible for me to eat right. It reset my hunger from always on to normal, which is a miracle. The first couple days I couldn't believe that I wasn't hungry. I never remember that happening before.

But the weight loss I've managed has been done the only way that it ever happens:
    eating less than my body burns.
    Control calories in, increase calories out.
    when I originally lost 65lbs to begin with I was using the help of Alli and a fat burner you can buy from target, however I am starting over
    So instead of learning to eat healthfully you chose to have fat feces and waste money on a placebo, and (not surprisingly) it didn't work long-term.
    Since you're starting over, how about learning something about nutrition, a healthy goal weight, a healthy calorie goal, a healthy amount of exercise... things that you can continue the rest of your life?

More helpful info, also linked to in that post ^^^

A guide to get you started on your path to sexypants

The basics - don't complicate it

51637601.png

I don't think you should judge me, I know much about health and nutrition. If you read my post previously I said I gained the weight back because I stopped exercising and counting calories, I had a lot on my plate after and during graduation. I do have a gym membership and Alli was prescribed by my MD. Yes I did asked about a fat burner because I know a lot of people use them for energy....perhaps this post should not have been posted and I should have kept to myself. I understand what you're saying, honestly it was a simple question whether people used protein shakes, detox, ect. No need to make me feel as is.
  • missh1967
    missh1967 Posts: 661 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    If caffeine really helped, I'd weigh 98lbs. I drink pots a day. *sigh*
  • ovinas1
    ovinas1 Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    missh1967 wrote: »
    If caffeine really helped, I'd weigh 98lbs. I drink pots a day. *sigh*
    lol i second that
  • trina1049
    trina1049 Posts: 593 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    I'm not looking for a magical weight loss, when I lost the weight I went to the gym twice a day everyday
    And yes, it seems you are looking for "a magical weight loss", asking about shakes, teas, etc.

However, evidence shows the only way to maintain weight loss is to be engaged in regular physical activity."

When I started last year, I used an appetite suppressant to control my hunger while I learned to eat normal-sized portions. It didn't lose the weight for me, just made it possible for me to eat right. It reset my hunger from always on to normal, which is a miracle. The first couple days I couldn't believe that I wasn't hungry. I never remember that happening before.

But the weight loss I've managed has been done the only way that it ever happens:
    when I originally lost 65lbs to begin with I was using the help of Alli and a fat burner you can buy from target, however I am starting over
    So instead of learning to eat healthfully you chose to have fat feces and waste money on a placebo, and (not surprisingly) it didn't work long-term.
    Since you're starting over, how about learning something about nutrition, a healthy goal weight, a healthy calorie goal, a healthy amount of exercise... things that you can continue the rest of your life?

51637601.png

I don't think you should judge me, I know much about health and nutrition. If you read my post previously I said I gained the weight back because I stopped exercising and counting calories, I had a lot on my plate after and during graduation. I do have a gym membership and Alli was prescribed by my MD. Yes I did asked about a fat burner because I know a lot of people use them for energy....perhaps this post should not have been posted and I should have kept to myself. I understand what you're saying, honestly it was a simple question whether people used protein shakes, detox, ect. No need to make me feel as is.

No need to get so defensive about your post. People are just trying to answer your question. If you know so much about health and nutrition then you'd know that nothing but calories in/calories out, etc. works long term. Also, Alli is not prescribed by MDs, it's over the counter and many MDs were suggesting it since it was approved by the FDA. There are side-effects that are unpleasant and at worst Alli can cause kidney damage.
  • hunna2005
    Options
    Alli is OTC...not prescribed by an MD. *shrugs*
  • xcalygrl
    xcalygrl Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options
    Serah87 wrote: »
    Just the old fashion way of weight loss, eating at a deficit and exercising. ;)

To gain muscle you need to be in a surplus and lifting heavy things. :p

This.

Though my morning cup of coffee helps keep me regular :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Sigh.
  • lizalmp1234
    edited February 2015
    Options
    trina1049 wrote: »

51637601.png

No need to get so defensive about your post. People are just trying to answer your question. If you know so much about health and nutrition then you'd know that nothing but calories in/calories out, etc. works long term. Also, Alli is not prescribed by MDs, it's over the counter and many MDs were suggesting it since it was approved by the FDA. There are side-effects that are unpleasant and at worst Alli can cause kidney damage.

The name that doctors prescribe it under is Orlistat, please do your research prior. Would you like to call my doctor too?
  • lizalmp1234
    Options
    Also I know people are trying to help and thats great, I thank them for that-To be specific it was just your post that bothered me.
  • dwhite5149
    Options
    I'm using some Medifast and nutrisystem meals but I think what helps most is eating 6 times a day averaging about 1300 calories per day
  • lizalmp1234
    Options
    dwhite5149 wrote: »
    I'm using some Medifast and nutrisystem meals but I think what helps most is eating 6 times a day averaging about 1300 calories per day

Thats around my goal per day and it's helping me alot.
  • adwilliams03
    adwilliams03 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I drink a protein shake every morning. I use whey powder -- currently stuck in a chocolate peanut butter loop -- and add ice, spinach, blueberries, Nutella, and a teaspoon of cocoa powder all blended together. Tastes great, like a milkshake. Also makes me feel full for hours and I'm not at all tempted to snack before lunch. It's about 450 calories (a little less actually, but I'm rounding). It's also the only way I get fruit into my diet, because I don't like fruit.
  • EmmieBaby
    EmmieBaby Posts: 1,235 Member
    Options
    Do what works for you, just make sure that what you are doing is not a quick fix but a lifestyle change :)

for me its eating anything I want so long as I am eating at a deficit and working out :)
  • lizalmp1234
    Options
    I drink a protein shake every morning. I use whey powder -- currently stuck in a chocolate peanut butter loop -- and add ice, spinach, blueberries, Nutella, and a teaspoon of cocoa powder all blended together. Tastes great, like a milkshake. Also makes me feel full for hours and I'm not at all tempted to snack before lunch. It's about 450 calories (a little less actually, but I'm rounding). It's also the only way I get fruit into my diet, because I don't like fruit.

my boyfriend does this as a meal replacement whe he is on a rush. he says its good
  • lizalmp1234
    Options
    EmmieBaby wrote: »
    Do what works for you, just make sure that what you are doing is not a quick fix but a lifestyle change :)

for me its eating anything I want so long as I am eating at a deficit and working out :)

I also do the same, i allow myself to eat in moderation anything i want as long as im in a deficit/wrkng out.
  • cmm7303
    cmm7303 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    I've used shakes (spinach, lowfat milk, pb2 chocolate, frozen banana, ice) as easy lumches. It isn't a "weight loss" thing per se, it just helps me weigh and measure and save food in groups ahead of time.
  • BABetter1
    BABetter1 Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    Thrive DFT patch, Thrive vitamins, Thrive protein shake, and Thrive Boost (all of these at breakfast). To each their own, but I like it because I don't crave sweets all day like I did without it.
  • tlafrance
    tlafrance Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Along with trying to eat right and exercise I take a table spoon of Braggs Organic apple cider vinegar every morning. It cuts my appetite... I have a serious sweet tooth... you can look up apple cider vinegar benefits.

You should do what every works for you...
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!