Replies

• Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    ttcbelieve wrote: »
    besides the fact that throwing away food sets one up for a bad relationship with food and indicates slightly disordered thinking...but other then that, OP should be good to go ...

i think the op should have pre logged it first and then thought about it, but could it not also just show abit of control. save the calories for something else later?

control would be leaving it in the fridge, not eating it, and saving it for a day when OP wanted it.

throwing away perfectly good cheesecake because it is viewed as "bad" is, in my opinion, semi disordered eating.

Jeeezzzz :smiley: its cheesecake....he did not kill a cat:wink:

so throwing away perfectly good food is not indicative of a eating disorder???

Of course not.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    besides the fact that throwing away food sets one up for a bad relationship with food and indicates slightly disordered thinking...but other then that, OP should be good to go ...

i think the op should have pre logged it first and then thought about it, but could it not also just show abit of control. save the calories for something else later?

control would be leaving it in the fridge, not eating it, and saving it for a day when OP wanted it.

throwing away perfectly good cheesecake because it is viewed as "bad" is, in my opinion, semi disordered eating.

Of course not.

so its perfectly normal to throw away food that has not spoiled just because one views it as "bad"...??
  • PrizePopple
    PrizePopple Posts: 3,133 Member
    Options
    RGv2 wrote: »
    MisterZ33 wrote: »
    Hey RGv2, keep that tank top handy. im gonna wanna borrow it in 6-8 months.

Um......OK?

It's probably in the bottom of my hockey bag if you really want it.

Awkward-Unique.gif

• disasterman
    disasterman Posts: 746 Member
    Options

Um......OK?

In some primitive belief systems where Scarcity and Fear and Sin exist, The Bottom of RGv2's Hockey Bag is where people who throw away cheesecake are banished to for Eternity. Just saying.

• Need2Exerc1se
    Options

Of course not.

so its perfectly normal to throw away food that has not spoiled just because one views it as "bad"...??

"normal" Hmm, not sure what is normal, but it is not reason to suspect an eating disorder
  • ndj1979
    Options

Of course not.

"normal" Hmm, not sure what is normal, but it is not reason to suspect an eating disorder

if you have to throw food away that has not spoiled because you think it is "bad" you either have an unhealthy relationship with food, or some form of eating disorder....
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Options

Of course not.

if you have to throw food away that has not spoiled because you think it is "bad" you either have an unhealthy relationship with food, or some form of eating disorder....

Oh please!
  • ndj1979
    Options

Of course not.

Oh please!

then why would you throw away food that has not spoiled???? Unless of course you view it as "bad" which in that case would indicate an unhealthy relationship with food..///
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Options

Of course not.

Oh please!

then why would you throw away food that has not spoiled???? Unless of course you view it as "bad" which in that case would indicate an unhealthy relationship with food..///

I honestly wonder if you are being serious. Having a relationship with food seems abnormal to me. It's food, not a date.
  • ndj1979
    Options

Of course not.

Oh please!

I honestly wonder if you are being serious. Having a relationship with food seems abnormal to me. It's food, not a date.

now you are just playing a semantics game...

so people with eating disorders don't have an unhealthy view of food????

you never answered the question ...why throw away non-spoiled food?????
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Options

Of course not.

Oh please!

I can't answer for anyone else, but if I threw away food it's because it p***ed me off. Probably picked me up late, or spent too much time looking at a biscuit last time we were together. I ain't got time for that in a relationship!!
  • disasterman
    disasterman Posts: 746 Member
    Options
    OK, now this is getting too weird even for me. Check you guys letter. Here's hoping the best person "wins" the throwing away cheesecake argument on the internet.
  • ndj1979
    Options

Of course not.

Oh please!

I can't answer for anyone else, but if I threw away food it's because it p***ed me off. Probably picked me up late, or spent too much time looking at a biscuit last time we were together. I ain't got time for that in a relationship!!

now you are just being obtuse...

OK - you have no answer..you can just admit it..
  • PrizePopple
    Options
    emily_stew wrote: »

Um......OK?

In some primitive belief systems where Scarcity and Fear and Sin exist, The Bottom of RGv2's Hockey Bag is where people who throw away cheesecake are banished to for Eternity. Just saying.

On a scale of 1 to Cheech and Chong, how high are you right now?

Oh my hell. Laughing that hard still hurts.

giphy.gif
  • crystalflame
    crystalflame Posts: 1,049 Member
    Options

Of course not.

Calling it an eating disorder would be way overblown. It's one thing if it's a repetitive pattern. You take things intending to eat them, panic, and throw them out. You don't learn from your behavior and try to change it, you just live in fear of food. It's another thing if just this one time, while he's going through this learning experience and trying to develop power over food, he throws the cheesecake away.

I do think it goes without saying the OP has an unhealthy relationship with food, one that he's working on. It takes time to unlearn thinking of food as "good" and "bad." It takes time to realize you are entirely in control over what you put in your mouth and take personal responsibility for your actions. Based on his comments, he obviously took all the responses on here to heart and will respond differently next time. But an unhealthy relationship with food is not instantly an eating disorder. It can just be bad habits and uneducated thinking.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Options

Of course not.

Oh please!

I admit it. I don't know why normal people throw away food. Or why people throwing away food is not normal. Or why a piece of cheesecake that you had no chance of eating is so important to you. Perhaps we should explore that. Thinking about the cheesecake. How does that make you feel?
  • PrizePopple
    Options

Of course not.

Oh please!

I admit it. I don't know why normal people throw away food. Or why people throwing away food is not normal. Or why a piece of cheesecake that you had no chance of eating is so important to you. Perhaps we should explore that. Thinking about the cheesecake. How does that make you feel?

I feel bad for the poor cheesecake that never got the chance to fulfill its destiny of being a delicious treat for some lucky chap. Now it's off to a landfill in a plastic bag. And a co-worker of the OP was robbed of the opportunity to indulge in the sweet creamy goodness that another co-worker was so kind as to offer.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!