Replies

• Aviva92
    Aviva92 Posts: 2,333 Member
    Options
    DavPul wrote: »
    Aviva92 wrote: »
    jofjltncb6 wrote: »
    Aviva92 wrote: »
    wow you guys need to chill on the negative cheese cake remarks...have you any idea how much food is wasted every single day in North america? you're really guy drill the guy over one bloody slice? Good for you for fighting the urge! and so what if you threw it out? its delicious yes, but if its unhealthy for you its unhealthy for others. Think of it as saving someone from the unecessary excess of sugar!!!

I weighed 102.2 pounds this morning. I could probably use some extra sugar to help me gain some weight. And anyway, not everyone needs to avoid sugar. I certainly do not. It's not unhealthy for everyone.

If by "extra sugar" you mean "extra calories" to the point of a caloric surplus, then yes, that is what would help you gain some weight.

uh yes. sugar is an easy way to get those extra calories. do i need to use these exact words though? *rolls eyes*

at 9 calories per gram, wouldn't fat be an easier way?

doesn't cheesecake have both?
  • shandy82165
    shandy82165 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    MrM27 wrote: »
    And what did you decide to do this time?
    Please tell us that you picked up a piece to take back to your desk and threw it away!

I'm serious about this, it's a tremendous victory and something that you should never let yourself feel ashamed of, especially by a bunch of strangers on the internet.
  • Aviva92
    Aviva92 Posts: 2,333 Member
    Options
    And what did you decide to do this time?
    Please tell us that you picked up a piece to take back to your desk and threw it away!

I'm serious about this, it's a tremendous victory and something that you should never let yourself feel ashamed of, especially by a bunch of strangers on the internet.

why stop there? why not take the entire cheesecake and throw it out so nobody can enjoy it. victory x 8
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    Slacker16 wrote: »
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    Slacker16 wrote: »
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    jillby6666 wrote: »
    Its just food. I think all the mourning for the cheesecake shows how we put food on a pedestal. There was more cheesecake for his coworkers, and at the bakery, and the grocery store, etc.... Lets face it there is plenty of food around and that's a big part of the problem!!
    Great job you should feel proud!!
    so throwing away food that is not spoiled is OK?
    Is it necessary to throw away food that is spoiled?

Chewy milk might taste a little sour and make my stomach grumble, but I paid good money for it dagnabit!

And, for the record, indeed throwing out one piece of cheesecake once will neither cause severe famine in Africa nor be grounds to diagnose an eating disorder.

The reason I didn't feel that the OP's story is a success one, and still don't, is that I've done the "put things in the trash to keep myself from eating them" thing too. Then it turned into "put things in the trash to keep myself from eating them then dig them out of the trash and eat them anyway". Then *kitten* got weird.

No harm in telling the OP to be careful.
    Umm yes because if you eat spoiled food then you will probably get sick/food poisoning..

unless you want to eat three week old chicken that has been sitting in the fridge???

I really do not understand your point...
    It was a joke. Not one of my best ones, I take it.
    There's a 50-50 chance of that with everything I write.

my bad man …my sarcasm/joke meter was at zero on this one…

whoops...
  • shandy82165
    Options

A little bit of extra reading would have led you to the answer to the question I asked him. Soooo sorry for you. Womp womp womp.

Hi update was open-ended. Womp womp.
  • shandy82165
    Options

Awww don't be upset because he didn't throw away cheesecake just to throw it away. You can always go to the store, buy your own then throw it away.

Also, quoting isn't hard.
    Clearly quoting did challenge me in my previous post.

And I have gone to the store specifically for the purpose of buying a food item with the specific intent of throwing it away instead of eating it. It was a part of my therapy when I was seeing a nutrition therapist. Not being able to throw food away was actually one symptom of some disordered eating patterns I had. And part of my therapy was learning that it was ok to throw food away.

We all have different experiences and different relationships to food. Shaming someone for what they see as a victory over food could actually have a reverse intent, and could in fact reinforce disordered thinking.
  • shandy82165
    Options
    And continues to challenge me :\
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    calichic74 wrote: »
    WayneBradt wrote: »
    oh good hell, it's back, like a cheesy horror movie. No pun intended. fz7wfw9mjljy.jpg

The fact that other people have already been messing over it should be reason enough to leave it alone! I mean, what if the last person who took a piece of cheesecake just walked out of the restroom w/o washing his/her hands? Or, what if someone sneezed all over it? Or, what if someone picked their nose prior to getting their slice? See, those are the thoughts that run through my mind when I see food laying around the office. My self-diagnosed OCD keeps me from partaking in office goodies for the most part! LOL!! #WalkAwayFromTheCheesecake

Good lord, how did the human race survive at these million years of interacting with, and sharing food with other human beings?
  • shandy82165
    Options
    No, not everyone has an ED, but there is a difference between having an ED, and having some disordered eating habits. They are not the same thing.

And I wasn't trying to argue, but explain. but...ok.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,135 Member
    Options
    oh good hell, it's back, like a cheesy horror movie. No pun intended. fz7wfw9mjljy.jpg

The fact that other people have already been messing over it should be reason enough to leave it alone! I mean, what if the last person who took a piece of cheesecake just walked out of the restroom w/o washing his/her hands? Or, what if someone sneezed all over it? Or, what if someone picked their nose prior to getting their slice? See, those are the thoughts that run through my mind when I see food laying around the office. My self-diagnosed OCD keeps me from partaking in office goodies for the most part! LOL!! #WalkAwayFromTheCheesecake

Wouldn't stop me. There's a reason I have a strong immune system.

• crystalflame
    crystalflame Posts: 1,049 Member
    Options

Cheesecake>>>potential but unconfirmed germs. Maybe eating office food is why my immune system is awesome.
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    zyxst wrote: »

Wouldn't stop me. There's a reason I have a strong immune system.
    Agree^^

@calichic74‌
    How do you know that they didn't do all that stuff (and worse) before they touched common door knobs, chairs, pens etc..and you inadvertently touched your eyes/mouth anyway?

Irrational mind is irrational.
  • beanerschnitzel
    beanerschnitzel Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    People are mourning cheesecake...hilarious!!!!
  • Therealobi1
    Therealobi1 Posts: 3,262 Member
    Options

I guess this could be said for eating out in general then.
  • iwillsucceed0444
    iwillsucceed0444 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Seriously people, wow. He threw away some perfectly good cheesecake, boo who, get over yourselves.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    Seriously people, wow. He threw away some perfectly good cheesecake, boo who, get over yourselves.

wait, i'm confused. so it's not a big deal? then why create a thread about it?

u can't have it both ways
  • BruceHedtke
    BruceHedtke Posts: 358 Member
    Options

I assume you stand over and watch the chef when he cooks your meal at a restaurant, then follow the dish as it gets passes to the waiter and then you follow the waiter back to your table, right? Cause lord knows what those guys are doing to your food while you're not around to witness it. Or maybe you can just accept that 99.99% of the people in any given office aren't sneezing on food or wiping their unwashed hands all over your dessert.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!