Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Pants are loose but Waist measurement has not changed?

oncem0re
oncem0re Posts: 213 Member
edited February 2015 in Getting Started
So for those who can shed me some light. I wear a 12/14 pants and I've lost a total of 11lbs in the last month. Anyway, I always do measurements, waiste, hips, breast, calves, arms, neck, wrist and thigh. I dont know if I keep measuring different part, but I dont think I've lost anything on my waist, (I measure naked)... so with that said, when I took my profile picture (2nd) I can see a HUGE difference on my stomach and now my size 12 pants are somewhat loose fitting vs snug on me... but again when I measure... it's the same "37"... I did lose 1/2" on my neck and arms and thighs but I dont think those plays with pants fitting.

Thanks for anyone that will reply and give me enlightment :)

Replies

• petrinasupler
    petrinasupler Posts: 50 Member
    don't worry about it, your best measurement is how your clothes feel anyway.
  • Ksnider414
    Ksnider414 Posts: 16 Member
    I have the same thing happening to me... It's like my waist measurement stays the same but I have gone down a full pants size. My 11/12's sag in the butt, the thighs, and the crotch and I have to wear a belt now where before my muffin top held the pants up without a problem! I can see the difference in the mirror - hubby says he feels the difference when he puts his arm around my waist - but, the tape measure, well...that little bugger doesn't seem to want to join the party! lol
  • oncem0re
    Ksnider414 wrote: »
    I have the same thing happening to me... It's like my waist measurement stays the same but I have gone down a full pants size. My 11/12's sag in the butt, the thighs, and the crotch and I have to wear a belt now where before my muffin top held the pants up without a problem! I can see the difference in the mirror - hubby says he feels the difference when he puts his arm around my waist - but, the tape measure, well...that little bugger doesn't seem to want to join the party! lol

Well I think you just answered my or "our" question... because when I measure myself, I measure top of my belly button and not really the "muffin top" which I think is what I have lost... I dont have the big flap on my stomach anymore that I can carry with both hands and flap it around (for lack of better words)... and I think that's what holds my pants too... I should measure that part and call it "Flab" :) Thanks!!!
  • For one clothes stretch. For two you probably lost weight in your thighs/hips (which btw pretty darn envious of you cause that's where I need to lose).
  • prettygirlstorm1
    prettygirlstorm1 Posts: 721 Member
    edited February 2015
    I would be happy that my pants are fitting looser!!
  • oncem0re
    vada44 wrote: »
    I would be happy that my pants are fitting looser!!
    Believe me I'm STATIC! My cute belt I bought before Christmas, I need to punch another hole to fit! :)
    For one clothes stretch. For two you probably lost weight in your thighs/hips (which btw pretty darn envious of you cause that's where I need to lose).

I would agree but these pants are old, I been 12/14 for AGES, a decade so they been used up and dont think they would stretch anymore. These are my "grown up" "office" pants ;)... I just thought about the flab part of me that I probably loose some on... and I think you maybe right. I'm grateful if that's the case! ;)
  • lilstar168
    lilstar168 Posts: 9 Member
    after a month of watching and noting what i eat, my pants feel lose now. I actually stopped wearing some of them and just used old leggings. Will purchase pair of pants soon but I have to lose some more inches first. It's not a bad thing to shop new clothes after our hardships. cheers everyone!
  • rajanveer
    rajanveer Posts: 19 Member
    oncem0re wrote: »
    So for those who can shed me some light. I wear a 12/14 pants and I've lost a total of 11lbs in the last month. Anyway, I always do measurements, waiste, hips, breast, calves, arms, neck, wrist and thigh. I dont know if I keep measuring different part, but I dont think I've lost anything on my waist, (I measure naked)... so with that said, when I took my profile picture (2nd) I can see a HUGE difference on my stomach and now my size 12 pants are somewhat loose fitting vs snug on me... but again when I measure... it's the same "37"... I did lose 1/2" on my neck and arms and thighs but I dont think those plays with pants fitting.

Thanks for anyone that will reply and give me enlightment :)

First judge is mirror, second is fitting of ur clothes than measurements n scales so if the first two r looking good I wud not worry about the third one. Congrats on ur weight loss.
  • Bshmerlie
    Bshmerlie Posts: 1,026 Member
    I've got something similar happening. I've lost 60 pounds and yes my waist has gotten smaller but actually I have lost a lot more in my hips, butt, and legs to the point that my pants fit weird. Its a good thing I don't wear pants that often as I'm more of a shorts type of person. :) I just hope that as I get closer to my goal weight my body with correct a little bit. I guess I can hope. I'm wearing a size 16 pants because of my waist but my butt and legs are probably a 12. If that makes any sense.
  • Adc7225
    Adc7225 Posts: 1,318 Member
    For me I had to compare this process and what ones body goes through to a lava lamp . . . things move and change, some areas get smaller and then a little larger for a little while and then small again. Not really a lot but while you are going through it you will notice it.

For instance, I am doing the Runtastic Six Pack AB workout and while my external abdominal oblique's (the sides) definitely changed my rectus abdominis muscle area (the center, now like a little baby bump) also changed - one area tightened up and the other appears to have gotten a little bigger but my waist measurement has not changed.

Give it some time - We are never happy with our problem areas! I am still trying to lose 1 more inch off my waist