Pants are loose but Waist measurement has not changed?

Options
oncem0re
oncem0re Posts: 213 Member
edited February 2015 in Getting Started
So for those who can shed me some light. I wear a 12/14 pants and I've lost a total of 11lbs in the last month. Anyway, I always do measurements, waiste, hips, breast, calves, arms, neck, wrist and thigh. I dont know if I keep measuring different part, but I dont think I've lost anything on my waist, (I measure naked)... so with that said, when I took my profile picture (2nd) I can see a HUGE difference on my stomach and now my size 12 pants are somewhat loose fitting vs snug on me... but again when I measure... it's the same "37"... I did lose 1/2" on my neck and arms and thighs but I dont think those plays with pants fitting.

Thanks for anyone that will reply and give me enlightment :)

Replies

• petrinasupler
    petrinasupler Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    don't worry about it, your best measurement is how your clothes feel anyway.
  • Ksnider414
    Ksnider414 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I have the same thing happening to me... It's like my waist measurement stays the same but I have gone down a full pants size. My 11/12's sag in the butt, the thighs, and the crotch and I have to wear a belt now where before my muffin top held the pants up without a problem! I can see the difference in the mirror - hubby says he feels the difference when he puts his arm around my waist - but, the tape measure, well...that little bugger doesn't seem to want to join the party! lol
  • oncem0re
    Options
    Ksnider414 wrote: »
    I have the same thing happening to me... It's like my waist measurement stays the same but I have gone down a full pants size. My 11/12's sag in the butt, the thighs, and the crotch and I have to wear a belt now where before my muffin top held the pants up without a problem! I can see the difference in the mirror - hubby says he feels the difference when he puts his arm around my waist - but, the tape measure, well...that little bugger doesn't seem to want to join the party! lol

Well I think you just answered my or "our" question... because when I measure myself, I measure top of my belly button and not really the "muffin top" which I think is what I have lost... I dont have the big flap on my stomach anymore that I can carry with both hands and flap it around (for lack of better words)... and I think that's what holds my pants too... I should measure that part and call it "Flab" :) Thanks!!!
  • reachingforarainbow
    Options
    For one clothes stretch. For two you probably lost weight in your thighs/hips (which btw pretty darn envious of you cause that's where I need to lose).
  • prettygirlstorm1
    prettygirlstorm1 Posts: 722 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    I would be happy that my pants are fitting looser!!
  • oncem0re
    Options
    vada44 wrote: »
    I would be happy that my pants are fitting looser!!
    Believe me I'm STATIC! My cute belt I bought before Christmas, I need to punch another hole to fit! :)
    For one clothes stretch. For two you probably lost weight in your thighs/hips (which btw pretty darn envious of you cause that's where I need to lose).

I would agree but these pants are old, I been 12/14 for AGES, a decade so they been used up and dont think they would stretch anymore. These are my "grown up" "office" pants ;)... I just thought about the flab part of me that I probably loose some on... and I think you maybe right. I'm grateful if that's the case! ;)
  • lilstar168
    lilstar168 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    after a month of watching and noting what i eat, my pants feel lose now. I actually stopped wearing some of them and just used old leggings. Will purchase pair of pants soon but I have to lose some more inches first. It's not a bad thing to shop new clothes after our hardships. cheers everyone!
  • rajanveer
    rajanveer Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    oncem0re wrote: »
    So for those who can shed me some light. I wear a 12/14 pants and I've lost a total of 11lbs in the last month. Anyway, I always do measurements, waiste, hips, breast, calves, arms, neck, wrist and thigh. I dont know if I keep measuring different part, but I dont think I've lost anything on my waist, (I measure naked)... so with that said, when I took my profile picture (2nd) I can see a HUGE difference on my stomach and now my size 12 pants are somewhat loose fitting vs snug on me... but again when I measure... it's the same "37"... I did lose 1/2" on my neck and arms and thighs but I dont think those plays with pants fitting.

Thanks for anyone that will reply and give me enlightment :)

First judge is mirror, second is fitting of ur clothes than measurements n scales so if the first two r looking good I wud not worry about the third one. Congrats on ur weight loss.
  • Bshmerlie
    Bshmerlie Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    I've got something similar happening. I've lost 60 pounds and yes my waist has gotten smaller but actually I have lost a lot more in my hips, butt, and legs to the point that my pants fit weird. Its a good thing I don't wear pants that often as I'm more of a shorts type of person. :) I just hope that as I get closer to my goal weight my body with correct a little bit. I guess I can hope. I'm wearing a size 16 pants because of my waist but my butt and legs are probably a 12. If that makes any sense.
  • Adc7225
    Adc7225 Posts: 1,318 Member
    Options
    For me I had to compare this process and what ones body goes through to a lava lamp . . . things move and change, some areas get smaller and then a little larger for a little while and then small again. Not really a lot but while you are going through it you will notice it.

For instance, I am doing the Runtastic Six Pack AB workout and while my external abdominal oblique's (the sides) definitely changed my rectus abdominis muscle area (the center, now like a little baby bump) also changed - one area tightened up and the other appears to have gotten a little bigger but my waist measurement has not changed.

Give it some time - We are never happy with our problem areas! I am still trying to lose 1 more inch off my waist