What irrational thing pisses you off instantly?

Options

Replies

• sumayyah73
    sumayyah73 Posts: 22
    edited February 2015
    Options
    -when after a shower, your towel on your head makes the whole of your back damp
  • Mary407
    Mary407 Posts: 635 Member
    Options
    Talkradio wrote: »
    When my dad tells stories at the dinner table, he gets right to the pivotal part and shovels food into his mouth... So we have to wait until he swallows to hear the rest. RAWR. I get so mad when anyone does this.

Hey, at least he waits to swallow the food. I'm related to several people who would just keep on shoveling and talking at the same time.
  • CupcakeCrusoe
    CupcakeCrusoe Posts: 1,364 Member
    Options
    People at work who ask my (male) coworker about my work because he's male. I interrupt people a lot.

Also, people who get into my safe driving distance. I work hard to keep a distance from the car in front of me where I feel comfortable, but lots of people careen right in there so that I have to do it all over again.

I'm the driver that's allowing people to merge. All the time.
  • cmasongreen
    cmasongreen Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    When people eat. I hate listening to chewing and silverware hitting plates. If I hear it in a movie I will literally get up and walk out of the room.
  • Codilee87
    Codilee87 Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    Talkradio wrote: »
    When my dad tells stories at the dinner table, he gets right to the pivotal part and shovels food into his mouth... So we have to wait until he swallows to hear the rest. RAWR. I get so mad when anyone does this.

My dad has quirky habits similar to this one. For example, every time we watch a movie he will wait until the most intense, dramatic moment of the show and then *pause* "Hey time for a snack, who's hungry? This movie sucks, lets go do a workout! Hey who wants to play a game of cards?" and he will just wander off with the remote and raid the kitchen, or randomly start going through his mail - drives everyone crazy.
  • ademiter
    ademiter Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Moody people!!!
  • fatcity66
    fatcity66 Posts: 1,544 Member
    Options
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    - Bad drivers (I won't elaborate on this because I could rage for hours & nobody wants to read that)
    - People who mess up towels - my brother will dry his hands and leave the towel (which was hanging nicely) in a ball on top of the rack. While I appreciate that he's washing his hands, why does he need to crunch up the towel like that? Now it won't dry.
    - People who poop in the bathroom on the main floor of my house. It's right beside my kitchen. Now my kitchen smells like your ****. Can't you just use the upstairs bathroom for that?
    - Repetitive bodily functions. One or two sneezes/burps/coughs are fine. When you start sneezing more than 3 times I start to hate you a little more with each sneeze. One lady at work has coughing fits several times a day. She claims she "swallowed wrong". You choke on your food/drink 5 or 6 times a day?! Her doctor even offered her a puffer and she declined it. So because you think the puffer "tastes gross" I have to listen to you hack all day? She also coughs into her hand, then proceeds to touch everything.

LOL You would hate me. I have allergies year round and sometimes sneeze 100 times in a day at work. I take 2 allergy pills and meds for my asthma, but sometimes, it still doesn't cut it. Trust me, I wish that I didn't, but it's not something I can really help.
  • Linnaea27
    Linnaea27 Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    MikeCrazy wrote: »
    IF/when I am blamed for something I didn't do, or told I did nothing after just working my butt off = instant boil.

YES! Me too!

One thing that also drives me nuts is the phrase "going forward." BLEEECCCHHHH!!! Hello corporate-ese, can't people just say "in the future" or "next time" or something less idiotic sounding?!
  • MikeCrazy
    MikeCrazy Posts: 2,716 Member
    Options
    Linnaea27 wrote: »
    MikeCrazy wrote: »
    IF/when I am blamed for something I didn't do, or told I did nothing after just working my butt off = instant boil.

YES! Me too!

One thing that also drives me nuts is the phrase "going forward." BLEEECCCHHHH!!! Hello corporate-ese, can't people just say "in the future" or "next time" or something less idiotic sounding?!

yep, or the whole "were a team" - especially with all the backstabing that usually goes on by the speaker, let alone the "team."
  • undergloom
    undergloom Posts: 531 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Linnaea27 wrote: »

Hey, they're just taking it to the next level by proactively challenging the paradigm. And realizing synergies!
  • ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    Options
    fatcity66 wrote: »
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    - Bad drivers (I won't elaborate on this because I could rage for hours & nobody wants to read that)
    - People who mess up towels - my brother will dry his hands and leave the towel (which was hanging nicely) in a ball on top of the rack. While I appreciate that he's washing his hands, why does he need to crunch up the towel like that? Now it won't dry.
    - People who poop in the bathroom on the main floor of my house. It's right beside my kitchen. Now my kitchen smells like your ****. Can't you just use the upstairs bathroom for that?
    - Repetitive bodily functions. One or two sneezes/burps/coughs are fine. When you start sneezing more than 3 times I start to hate you a little more with each sneeze. One lady at work has coughing fits several times a day. She claims she "swallowed wrong". You choke on your food/drink 5 or 6 times a day?! Her doctor even offered her a puffer and she declined it. So because you think the puffer "tastes gross" I have to listen to you hack all day? She also coughs into her hand, then proceeds to touch everything.

LOL You would hate me. I have allergies year round and sometimes sneeze 100 times in a day at work. I take 2 allergy pills and meds for my asthma, but sometimes, it still doesn't cut it. Trust me, I wish that I didn't, but it's not something I can really help.

LOL, I suppose if it was something someone really couldn't help I could learn to deal. :) What I hate is when the person is sneezing (non-allergy related) & I can hear them sniffing like crazy after. If they'd just blow their nose, it would stop!

• QuiznatoddBidness
    QuiznatoddBidness Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    This is an awesome thread for a slow Friday at work! Lots of good ones. I'm now thoroughly pissed off. :wink:

Anyhow, I must admit I didn't realize how many people don't get how merges are supposed to work. Seriously, no friggin idea. Here's my takeaway: I'm doing it properly . . . and I'm the "bad guy"; you're doing it wrong, and that makes you mad at me because you think I'm trying to gain some sort of strategic advantage, like I care if you're in front or I'm in front???? Wow. Mind blown.

FWIW, it would be so interesting to see an efficiency study of "blockers" (early mergers who try to prevent later mergers) versus "advancers" (people who merge at the merge point) in high traffic situations. I'd bet a thousand bucks that the "blockers" are THE major cause of delays.

And to think... all this time I thought you "blockers" were just jerks. I didn't know you thought you were the good guys.
  • free1220
    free1220 Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    Yep,that sniffing thing gets old real fast!
  • MarziPanda95
    MarziPanda95 Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    I don't even drive, but I live (not during term time, but the rest of the time) in a village. There are so many instances where I just... just because it's technically legal to park there does not mean you should have parked there!
    Also, vegetarians who insist that being a vegetarian is healthier than being an omnivore. It's fine if you wanna be a vegetarian or vegan, it's none of my business, you do what you want. But do NOT try to tell me that I'd lose weight quicker if I didn't eat meat. I'd only lose muscle faster for sure as there's no way I'd get enough protein (me personally I mean - I know a fair amount of vegetarians can and do meet protein goals). Also, a lot of the food I got fat on happens to be vegetarian.
  • MikeCrazy
    MikeCrazy Posts: 2,716 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    This is an awesome thread for a slow Friday at work! Lots of good ones. I'm now thoroughly pissed off. :wink:

Anyhow, I must admit I didn't realize how many people don't get how merges are supposed to work. Seriously, no friggin idea. Here's my takeaway: I'm doing it properly . . . and I'm the "bad guy"; you're doing it wrong, and that makes you mad at me because you think I'm trying to gain some sort of strategic advantage, like I care if you're in front or I'm in front???? Wow. Mind blown.

FWIW, it would be so interesting to see an efficiency study of "blockers" (early mergers who try to prevent later mergers) versus "advancers" (people who merge at the merge point) in high traffic situations. I'd bet a thousand bucks that the "blockers" are THE major cause of delays.

And to think... all this time I thought you "blockers" were just jerks. I didn't know you thought you were the good guys.

Agreed, personally I am the guy driving a faster car that doesn't want to hold up either the traffic I'm merging into, nor block the slow pokes (going 35 when trying to merge into traffic going 70) in front of me. So I speed up, merge and get over and out of the way.
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Options
    we have angle parking on our main street in town. When I am driving behind someone and I have to stop and wait because they are waiting to turn to park on the other side of the street instead of the side they are on because they are too FN lazy to walk across the damn street!
  • BeLightYear
    BeLightYear Posts: 1,550 Member
    Options
    Tailgaters! Seriously, if you want to drive like a maniac, go around me, I am usually going at least the speed limit. Especially in the dark when pickup trucks gets so close to my car that it blinds me, guess what? Now I have to drive slower because you are an a**hole! :s
  • deluxmary2000
    deluxmary2000 Posts: 981 Member
    Options
    Jersey drivers
    Volvo drivers
    Minivan drivers
    Zooey Deschanel
    Anyone who is anti-vaxx or believes in chemtrails
    Referring to facial hair as "whiskers" (*retch*)
  • LouLouStBijou
    LouLouStBijou Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    undergloom wrote: »
    It takes me four minutes to sit down. YOU pick my feet up.

You just made me laugh out loud!

• allie_00p
    allie_00p Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Tailgaters! Seriously, if you want to drive like a maniac, go around me, I am usually going at least the speed limit. Especially in the dark when pickup trucks gets so close to my car that it blinds me, guess what? Now I have to drive slower because you are an a**hole! :s

LOL I am usually going at least 5 over the speed limit, so if someone keeps tailgating me when I'm going a reasonable speed, I purposely slow down to exactly the speed limit or a couple under.