How to gain weight with a quick metabolism?

Options
13»

Replies

• yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    So meal timing can so down metabolism. Is there any links of said data? Prefer from the 2000s to present . I actually prefer something of 2010s to present.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Melody_MCV wrote: »
    To help slow down your metabolism and gain weight do the opposite of what people do to lose weight. Eat fewer, bigger meals. Your body will react by storing food instead of burning it, because the time between meals is longer.

nope
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    I don't care to argue with you, @MrM27‌, @Wheelhouse15‌ or even with @Springfield1970‌. The information is there. I'm gonna leave it at that.

We don't expect you to defend such erroneous statements but we would prefer you not make them in the first place.

Relax, first off this is a community, a public forum. I appreciate your attempts to debunk my statements but that's still no need to be butt hurt about it. Either way, I stand by it.
    I'll take pubmed and peer reviewed journals over your magizine.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9155494
  • Wheelhouse15
    Wheelhouse15 Posts: 5,575 Member
    Options
    I don't care to argue with you, @MrM27‌, @Wheelhouse15‌ or even with @Springfield1970‌. The information is there. I'm gonna leave it at that.

We don't expect you to defend such erroneous statements but we would prefer you not make them in the first place.

Relax, first off this is a community, a public forum. I appreciate your attempts to debunk my statements but that's still no need to be butt hurt about it. Either way, I stand by it.

Looks like one of us is butt hurt but it's not the one in my mirror. I'm simply making statements of fact and you are the one getting defensive about them. However, I'm not holding it against you, I just want you to understand that your sources are weak and hoping that you learn something.
  • saltlife2414
    Options
    Mine seems to be pretty fast...and I've been eating between 2500-3000 cals and I've gained a lb a week
  • LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options

Sorry, not a reputable source. Try again.
  • Wheelhouse15
    Wheelhouse15 Posts: 5,575 Member
    Options
    Mine seems to be pretty fast...and I've been eating between 2500-3000 cals and I've gained a lb a week

Congrats! :)
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options

please keep the bro science to the main forums...

we prefer real information in the gaining weight section ...
  • Brolympus
    Brolympus Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    peanut butter

/end thread
  • AKDonF
    AKDonF Posts: 235 Member
    Options

Sorry, not a reputable source. Try again.

Here is a reputable source saying meal frequency does NOT matter

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9155494
  • Springfield1970
    Springfield1970 Posts: 1,945 Member
    Options

Thanks for leaving information! I prefer to get my info from other places though thanks!

Ps I've done the whole eating frequently thing too! Didn't lose, until I was in calorie deficit.

I've also done 1-2 SPACED MEALS OUT per day and hey presto, lost weight because I was in a calorie deficit! How funny!
  • la_twh
    Options
    What are you eating? I never thought calorie counting could be so difficult.
  • Springfield1970
    Springfield1970 Posts: 1,945 Member
    Options

So if you've eaten 3500 cals per week extra (1lb), your maintenance including exercise is 2000-2500.

Is that fast for your weight height activity level and age? Just interested...

• msivet
    msivet Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Im having the same weight gain issues. If I dont eat, I'll lose the weight super fast. My calirie intake is set to 2650 daily
  • Iron_Feline
    Iron_Feline Posts: 10,750 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options

So if you've eaten 3500 cals per week extra (1lb), your maintenance including exercise is 2000-2500.

That's my maintenance including exercise and I'm 5'2. Guess I have a fast metabolism. But I have no issue with gaining weigh sadly.

Oh I'm 35 and the 2000 is when I get around 10,000 steps in a day. 2500 when I run/swim etc.
  • Daiako
    Daiako Posts: 12,545 Member
    Options
    msivet wrote: »
    Im having the same weight gain issues. If I dont eat, I'll lose the weight super fast. My calirie intake is set to 2650 daily

Well yes, not eating does tend to make one lose weight.

2650 isn't what I'd call a lot of calories, but I suppose that's just me.
  • Daiako
    Daiako Posts: 12,545 Member
    Options

Not really. I'm 5'3" and my maintenance with exercise is around 2200. My metabolism is 'normal' as far as I know.