Hello My name is Crystal...and I'm addicting to Spaghetti Squash!!!

Options
2»

Replies

• Burt_Huttz
    Burt_Huttz Posts: 1,612 Member
    Options
    I've recently learned on MFP that unless you've ever broken into a neighbor's house to steal spaghetti squash, then you're not really addicted, and any terminology suggesting otherwise may be a horrible insult to sufferers of real house-breaking-into-addictions.
  • Crea77
    Crea77 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Lol
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    kayeiam wrote: »
    PatinMich wrote: »
    I'm going to try this but not sure where to find avocado oil, wonder if I can substitute anything. I've tried spaghetti squash before, but eaten as spaghetti and it just didn't do it for me....but this looks tasty. Thanks for sharing!

When I first tried spaghetti squash, it was to replace pasta spaghetti, for regular spaghetti (tomato base). I hated it, but I do love spaghetti squash. I like it with butter, parmasian cheese, Mrs dash garlic and herb seasoning, and then if I want to fancy it up with meat I do. I can eat spaghetti squash in all kinds of ways as long as it isn't a tomato/spaghetti sauce kinda base. Just doesn't taste right to me.

Yeah, I hate all the "use squash in place of pasta" recommendations, as it seems unfair to the squash to have it pretend to be something it's not (I feel the same way about all the cauliflower mock whatever recipes and fake meat). I absolutely love spaghetti squash and winter squash in general and zucchini/summer squash too (and cauliflower), but I love them for themselves, not because they can make a second rate imitation of some other foods.

However, that said, I do often find that I enjoy them with similar sauces to what I would use with pasta. I actually prefer roasted winter squash in that context to the spaghetti squash noodles. (And I think it ruins summer squash/zucchini to noodlize it, just as it does cauliflower to mash it up.)

Maybe I'm weird, but I just can't stand imitation foods. Fake meat grosses me out, while I quite like tofu in a stir fry.
  • 2lhasas
    2lhasas Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Stuffing the small spaghetti squash has become a go to in our house. Cut them in half and put the face down on a cookie sheet at 425 for 20 minutes. Use that time to make your stuffing. We've done ground turkey with taco seasoning, black beans etc, or with tomato, spinach, mushrooms and a little Parmesan. Easy meal for a busy night.