DETOX IDEAS!!

Options

Replies

• sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    Go here http://www.kingspa.com/chicago/facilities.html and sit in the sauna and sweat a bunch and drink lots of water.
  • Azexas
    Azexas Posts: 4,334 Member
    Options
    narfy88 wrote: »
    Why is everyone hating on detox? yes your kidneys and liver usually get the job done, but theres nothing wrong with a little boost! try adding fresh ginger to your diet. I put a few slices in my nutriblast. It has great flavor and awesome detoxifying properties. Also water water water all day everyday. Green tea is always good too!

What exactly are you detoxing out of your body?
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    NO!!!!

I have to say, I am getting Bingo's daily and sometimes twice a day, which use to be once a week or 2. LOL
  • Azexas
    Azexas Posts: 4,334 Member
    Options
    Serah87 wrote: »
    NO!!!!

I have to say, I am getting Bingo's daily and sometimes twice a day, which use to be once a week or 2. LOL

I need to get one of these bingo cards lol
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    Troutsy wrote: »
    NO!!!!

I just made my own Bingo cards.
  • scottacular
    scottacular Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Monroe121 wrote: »
    Good morning/afternoon or night ~ What is your favorite/best way to detox all the toxins out of your body? And for how long? Recipes welcome!!

I eat cabbage, drink green tea and ONLY water for about a week.

Ready.Set. POST!!

ps. Add me as a friend, for encouragement!

If we were friends, we'd quickly fall out.

My detox is drink lots of water and eat lots of fibre. But good luck with the whole starving your body thing, I'm sure that'll work out well for you.
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    NO!!!!

I just made my own Bingo cards.

"Loose" better be the center square. (sorry I don't really know if Bingo has a center square)

• scottacular
    scottacular Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Why is everyone hating on detox? yes your kidneys and liver usually get the job done, but theres nothing wrong with a little boost! try adding fresh ginger to your diet. I put a few slices in my nutriblast. It has great flavor and awesome detoxifying properties. Also water water water all day everyday. Green tea is always good too!

What exactly are you detoxing out of your body?

All the BS presumably?
  • kristen6350
    kristen6350 Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    I wish someone would finally tell me "specifically" what toxins I'm supposed to be flushing out of my body that my organs can't already.
  • wizzybeth
    wizzybeth Posts: 3,578 Member
    Options
    Duh...icky poisonous stuff. You know!
  • VEelliott
    VEelliott Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    OMG when I was little I thought they were the bomb! And I would eat them cold the next morning. YUM!!!

Now as an adult who tries to ear right they disgust me. But I still love the smell! lol
  • hortensehildegarde
    hortensehildegarde Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    NO!!!!

OMG I flaked out and forgot about MFP bingo at first and thought that was some euphemism for poop. I was like "bingoing twice a day doesn't necessarily seem healthy?!?". Was quite confused for a moment.
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options

Because it does absolutely nothing and gives people false hope (such as yourself obviously).
  • yourad0rk
    yourad0rk Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Eating well, or at least trying to. This also has nothing to do with diet, but I take Epsom salt baths when I'm sore, but I've read that it's also an alright detox because of how much you sweat, might just be hearsay but worth looking into if you're interested.
  • beastmode_kitty
    beastmode_kitty Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    Detox? Really? Ugh..
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options
    Monroe121 wrote: »
    Good morning/afternoon or night ~ What is your favorite/best way to detox all the toxins out of your body? And for how long? Recipes welcome!!

I eat cabbage, drink green tea and ONLY water for about a week.

Ready.Set. POST!!

ps. Add me as a friend, for encouragement!

Being alive and letting my liver and kidneys do their thang detoxes my body just fine.
  • Katerina9408
    Katerina9408 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    auddii wrote: »
    These work on cleaning all those scary toxins

article-2541318-1ABEBC0300000578-254_634x487.jpg

I've never actually seen a white castle burger before, and now I'm confused about all the hype...

And OP, no need for a cleans unless your liver and/or kidneys are failing.
    That looks so disgusting ....But hey one mens meal is another mens garbage :D
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options
    I drink lots of water and make sure I get at least 30 g of fiber daily so that my colon, liver, and kidneys can do their job properly and get rid of waste and yucky stuff.