Options
124»

Replies

• DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    If you fart, own it.

Right? Unlike the guy in the squat rack next to me who totally bailed during his session and made me look like the culprit? Don't DO that people!

oh, is that rude?

oh.

#doingitwrong
  • BWBTrish
    BWBTrish Posts: 2,817 Member
    Options
    jemhh wrote: »
    hill8570 wrote: »
    Yeah, unless you're in some superman gym where everyone considers 225 the minimum warm-up weight for the bench (such places exist, not that I'll ever be in one), def re-rack the weights.

Hardest part for me is when something hasn't been re-racked, and there's no towel or water bottle holding the spot. If someone's nearby, I'll ask if they've seen anyone using the equipment...if negative, I'll go for it. If no one is around at all (rare), I figure it's mine. I've yet to have a problem using that method.

Oh, and if you need to get a plate from another piece of equipment, don't do it while someone's in the middle of a set :-D

None of this, eh?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OjvwUuHm0cw

Priceless!!!!

• dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    DavPul wrote: »
    Aha ...crap.I left weights on the squat bar. I just walked away and didn't even think about taking them off. Maybe I am lacking common sense afterall.

You should do your best to remember to re-rack your weights, but people won't get nearly as annoyed with this if you are leaving 50lbs on a bar as opposed to if you are leaving 250. My ex used to regularly have to come get me, or ask other people in the weight room to remove weights for her that were simply too big for her to lift.

What I'd recommend is starting a thread on here about people's biggest pet peeves in the weight room. I always heard that the best way to learn what is expected of you at a new job is to learn what the other guy wasn't getting right. I think the same principle applies here.

I good rule that I don't think I've seen anyone mention yet is not to slam or drop the weights, if you can avoid it. If you are doing an intense Olympic level dead lift, of course you are going to drop the weight after, but for the rest of us, the weights should always be in control (if not by you, then by your spotter). The clanging and slamming is bad for the weights (especially the machines), annoying, and unsafe.

do NOT do this.

well, not unless you want to read thru 8 pages of whiny complaining that will leave you mortally afraid that EVERYONE in the gym is judging you, thinks that you're an idiot and wishes you would just give up and stay fat.

i mean, some of it will be legit, but mostly it's going to be 7 pages of "WAAAAAAHHH, someone used the treadmill RIGHT NEXT TO ME!"

Truth.

This is why I HOPE someone does it...