What's google?

:noway:

• lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    AlciaMode wrote: »
    Plus pork isn't very lean.

Sure it is. Probably a lot leaner than the average meatloaf. (You can buy leaner ground beef, but I don't think that's traditionally how one makes meatloaf, and it's more processed, which doesn't bother me, but seems contrary to the "clean" request.)

Anyway, depends on the cut but pork chops and tenderloin are lean. Most commercially-available pork these days has been bred to be lean, and you need to buy heritage breeds to get pork that's less so. I eat something like pork chops with cabbage or Brussels sprouts, some other kind of veggie, and apples quite often, both a lovely cold weather meal and quite low cal.

Anyway, you can find lean cuts of most kinds of meat. In addition to those mentioned above, venison. And I concur with those who noted that there are enormous varieties of fish and seafood.
  • AlciaMode
    AlciaMode Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    Lemurcat thanks so much for those tips
  • Makterbro
    Makterbro Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    93% lean ground beef is the way to go. Only 8 grams of fat per serving. I use it to make burgers, spehgetti meatsauce, meat quesodillas, and more.
  • sunnyside1213
    sunnyside1213 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    Cottage cheese.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
  • feisty_bucket
    feisty_bucket Posts: 1,047 Member
    Options
    Frozen, pre-cooked giraffe patties are fantastic. Put 'em through a cycle in the dishwasher so they're clean though.