Not sure what I am doing wrong :(

Options
13»

Replies

• amann1976
    amann1976 Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    if you have cut your calories and are exercising you should see some kind of difference. all that stuff about not eating enough comes into play after you have been at it for a while.

My advice for you would be to go see your doc and get a complete physical with blood work and go from there.
  • maybeazure
    maybeazure Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    That's a lot of exercise. Have you been taking measurements as well as weighing yourself? Muscle is denser than fat, so you could be losing inches, but not pounds.

I don't really believe in the starvation mode thing. I haven't seen any controlled research studies on it, and I've looked. I do believe in human-kind's great capacity for deceiving ourselves when it comes to food. "Oh that can't be more than half a cup of pasta," etc. If you are really sure that you are weighing and measuring everything, and your calorie count is correct, then I agree with those who suggest consulting with a professional.
  • lisab_0105
    Options
    Hi, well I read every post and listened to what everybody was saying. So I upped my calorie intake by 250-300..and I am not going crazy over it. I also gave myself 2 days of rest instead of just 1. Guess what happened...I dropped 4 lbs. :o) Very happy. Just wanted to say thanks!!!
  • kelly101386
    kelly101386 Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    ^ Happy to hear it!
  • jstbme
    jstbme Posts: 3
    Options
    That happen to me before. You are eating to few calories. If you look at the calorie intake it will show that you need between 1200-1500 calories. If you are excercising that decreasing calories. I bet you if you eat the correct amont of calories and excercise you will see a weight change. Continue to push that water in everyday. Hope this helps
  • kellykw
    kellykw Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Hi, well I read every post and listened to what everybody was saying. So I upped my calorie intake by 250-300..and I am not going crazy over it. I also gave myself 2 days of rest instead of just 1. Guess what happened...I dropped 4 lbs. :o) Very happy. Just wanted to say thanks!!!

You dropped 4 pounds in 3 days?

edited to add: That's great, but I would think a loss of 4 pounds at this point would be at least partially attributed to whatever you have already been doing, not only to the changes you made in the last couple of days.
  • sexymuffintop
    Options
    Muscle is not being built at that kind of deficit. Stop it please. These people on VLCD's, doing cardio and a touch of lifting with machines are not putting on muscle that is masking their weight loss. Especially being female, she would be lucky, with a good lifting programme, and a calorie surplus and adequate protein to be putting on 0.5 lb of muscle a month. Muscle gain is not the answer. It pains me every time I see yet another poster telling a struggling person they are gaining muscle.
  • Maridinger
    Maridinger Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    You shouldn't be eating any less than 1200 cals.