Weird food combos-what's yours?

2»

Replies

• AshC1023
    AshC1023 Posts: 109
    Peanut butter pickle sammiches must be dill pickles not sweet ...YUM
    My grandmother used to make these when I was little, they're pretty good.
  • festerw
    festerw Posts: 233 Member
    Chicken coated with crushed frosted flakes is one I got from my grandma.
  • tat2cookie
    tat2cookie Posts: 1,899 Member
    I love a hamburger patty with peanut butter, an over easy egg and bacon.
  • lilmisfit1987
    lilmisfit1987 Posts: 183 Member
    Takes2long wrote: »
    LOL…scrambled egg sandwich on toast with dill pickles. Mac-N-Cheese and put in cut up hot dogs. Yummy! Has to be boxed M&C, with the powder cheese. I know, I know…but it's oh so good! (I don't use ALL the butter, so it's OK :p )
    Mac & Cheese and hot dogs isn't a weird combo...is it? Everybody I knew growing up ate that and so did I.

The weirdest thing I can think of is my husband butters his pop tarts. He only eats the s'mores kind and he ALWAYS butters them. And my brother likes ketchup on EVERYTHING (but fruit)! He even puts it on his waffles/pancakes instead of syrup! YUCK!
  • Grape jelly on garlic bread.....yum!!
  • hollyrayburn
    hollyrayburn Posts: 905 Member
    AshC1023 wrote: »
    i went to Walmart, and they were out of my plain Greek yogurt(I refuse to spend 7 bucks for fage, when off brand is 3, and less calories lol). So I got cottage cheese, and mixed it with a spoon of granola, and some fruit and almonds, like I normally do with the yogurt. Though not as good, it was pretty dang tasty!
    Yogurt is so over-priced. Have you considered making it? It is time consuming (lots of sitting time, but no work at all and you don't have to babysit it!). I do it in my crock pot, but you don't have to have a crock pot either. My kids and I love yogurt so one of the big tubs of Chobani or Fage lasts like, a day.

Basically, it comes down to making 24 of those single serving cups out of about $4 ($3/gal milk and maybe $0.75-1 on the single serving cup of plain Greek yogurt to start it) of material. So 6/$1 - can't beat that price.

If anyone is interested I have some good links on a step by step on how to do this. I add frozen fruit to mine and a tsp of honey - it's amazingly good.

I might be interested. :). At the moment, I'm crock pot less, but I intend to get a new one very soon!! I love yogurt too. Funny, I've discovered that I prefer plain with fruit and honey over the sugary sweetened Fannin stuff. It's too sweet to me now!

Here's another weird combo: when I was a teen, I worked with this little old lady who had me try peanut butter and tomato sandwiches. They're surprisingly good!

Haha, we eat like we're pregnant. :)
  • hollyrayburn
    hollyrayburn Posts: 905 Member
    Oh, and this month, a burger joint is opening up down the road from me. It's called "stoner burger" and it's gonna have stuff like a coffee crusted patty topped with chocolate bacon and jalepeno jellied eggs and stuff. Holy crap I gotta make sure to eat AIR only so I can go one night hahahahahaha