Help/advice - stopped losing weight.

Options
13»

Replies

• ceasingfeline
    ceasingfeline Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    How do I add pictures to a post? I've taken some today and want to update this thread with pictures to help motivate myself for some non scale victories.
  • uvi5
    uvi5 Posts: 710 Member
    Options
    I'm adding a picture to this thread for the first time. Seeing if I am doing it right. At the very bottom, where it says "Reply" in bold to the left of the screen, there is a series of icons, the 9th one in (looks like a piece of dark paper with the right corner folded in), clicked on that and clicked the button to browse through pictures on my hard drive. Lets see if i did it right:) If I did, then that's the way to do it. Here's to hoping I helped:)

Edit: I clicked "Preview" and wala! it's there:) I learned something new too... Smiles:)))))

skg7vqyoncu3.jpg
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    mo7882 wrote: »
    I've had a look at your meal plan and exercise routine - you are probably in a state of starvation - your body is cannibalizing muscle as a fuel source at the expense of fat - your food intake is simply replenishing broken down muscle.

Secondly you may simply be higher up on the insulin intollerace scale (like myself). a portion of carbs can stop any fat loss no matter how much exercise you do. Do a bit of reading on Keto diets I think it may work for you.

You should increase your calories over all - double your protein to about 140g per day and cut your carbs to down 20-30grams per day - the rest of your calories should come from good fats.

WHAT!!!!? OP no
    Why are you encouraging someone that is already at an ideal weight to lose more?
  • ana3067
    ana3067 Posts: 5,623 Member
    Options
    giphy.gif

Weight gain:
    1) eating more than you realize, i.e. poor logging (which can happen if weighing food). e.g. "liberte greek" - okay, WHICH one? 0%, 2%, 10%? Plain? Flavoured? or another e.g. "generic chicken breast" - okay... cooked? raw? skinless? OR "Carrots - Raw, 0.35 carrot (7-1/2") " what? And on that day you logged less than 500 calories. Unless you are suffering from an eating disorder I'm guessing that you may not be logging everything. Your yogurt and frozen cherries are also the same weight every time.. are you eating the same serving weight each time? How is british turkey breast different from North American turkey breast? Are your frozen veggie entries based on frozen or cooked weight? "almonds, Cashew and Sultana's, 1 serving(s) " what is this? 1 serving of what? What is this a recipe for?

2) retaining water. Either from your workout routine or from your diet (e.g. high salt and not enough water/potassium to offset it).

3) Normal fluctuations and you just happen to keep weighing yourself on your "high" days.
  • ceasingfeline
    ceasingfeline Posts: 26 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    ana3067 wrote: »
    giphy.gif

Weight gain:
    1) eating more than you realize, i.e. poor logging (which can happen if weighing food). e.g. "liberte greek" - okay, WHICH one? 0%, 2%, 10%? Plain? Flavoured? or another e.g. "generic chicken breast" - okay... cooked? raw? skinless? OR "Carrots - Raw, 0.35 carrot (7-1/2") " what? And on that day you logged less than 500 calories. Unless you are suffering from an eating disorder I'm guessing that you may not be logging everything. Your yogurt and frozen cherries are also the same weight every time.. are you eating the same serving weight each time? How is british turkey breast different from North American turkey breast? Are your frozen veggie entries based on frozen or cooked weight? "almonds, Cashew and Sultana's, 1 serving(s) " what is this? 1 serving of what? What is this a recipe for?

2) retaining water. Either from your workout routine or from your diet (e.g. high salt and not enough water/potassium to offset it).

3) Normal fluctuations and you just happen to keep weighing yourself on your "high" days.

I'll try and address those points! :)

1) it's 'Liberte Greek style yogurt 0% fat'. I choose the one that was already entered on mfp that matched the nutritional values on the tub.
    Generic chicken breast is the raw values for skinless chicken breast .
    The carrot is raw and was meant to be 35g.
    The day you are referring to (20th feb) I ate out in the evening and unfortunately hand no idea what to log but that is a very rare occurrence as I log in detail everyday.
    I am eating the same amount for breakfast each time yes, I weigh it every time.
    I have no idea what the difference is between British and American Turkey I just entered the raw values that were on the pack.
    Frozen veggies are based on the frozen weights.
    Almonds, cashews and sultana is simply just 10g's of each I mixed together for a snack in the day.

2)I do not think my diet is particularly high in salt...?

3)no idea! :)

Hope this answers your questions.

Thanks!
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    do not go below 1200 calories. If you are doing all that exercise and you start weight lifting you will need to eat more. you have to fuel your body or you will start to see some side effects you may not like from eating too little.(hair loss,not enough energy,mood swings,periods can stop,etc).weight can fluctuate up to a difference of 10 lbs. if you are working out a lot and not eating much your body can hold on to water(just like it can retain it from too much sodium,that time of the month,hormonal fluctuations,etc). you can also retain water from aggressive exercising.1050 or 1150 isnt even enough calories to keep your body fueled even if you sat on your butt all day and did nothing.if you dont eat enough calories it can cause health issues and cause damage to your organs as well.
  • ana3067
    ana3067 Posts: 5,623 Member
    Options
    ana3067 wrote: »
    giphy.gif

Weight gain:

I'll try and address those points! :)

1) it's 'Liberte Greek style yogurt 0% fat'. I choose the one that was already entered on mfp that matched the nutritional values on the tub.
    Generic chicken breast is the raw values for skinless chicken breast .
    The carrot is raw and was meant to be 35g.
    The day you are referring to (20th feb) I ate out in the evening and unfortunately hand no idea what to log but that is a very rare occurrence as I log in detail everyday.
    I am eating the same amount for breakfast each time yes, I weigh it every time.
    I have no idea what the difference is between British and American Turkey I just entered the raw values that were on the pack.
    Frozen veggies are based on the frozen weights.
    Almonds, cashews and sultana is simply just 10g's of each I mixed together for a snack in the day.

2)I do not think my diet is particularly high in salt...?

3)no idea! :)

Hope this answers your questions.

Thanks!

How much salt are you eating? Unless you are also gaining in size, you are not gaining weight eating 1000 calories a day or less. And if you ARE gaining size, then you're not eating 1000 calories a day, but instead more. You have like 10lbs left to lose. a 250 calorie deficit is more than enough, and you definitely would not be maintaining on 1300 calories.