Putting on serious mass

2»

Replies

• Wheelhouse15
    Wheelhouse15 Posts: 5,575 Member
    auddii wrote: »
    _sambaxter wrote: »
    Woah wheelhouse15 who asked you to pipe up.

If you want to adhere to minimalistic yet simplistic colour scheme then diet Pepsi and cucumber are honestly the gods of building a strong frame and serious mass.

Ignore the haters man, they'll only try and put you down and not let you realise the potential you really have. Try to start with 3/4 cucumbers a day and a bottle of diet Pepsi and let me know how it goes.

I'm here for anymore advice if you need it mate, good luck!!

Ah, trolling thread. Got it.

More like an anti drug commercial.
  • LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    _sambaxter wrote: »
    Woah wheelhouse15 who asked you to pipe up.

If you want to adhere to minimalistic yet simplistic colour scheme then diet Pepsi and cucumber are honestly the gods of building a strong frame and serious mass.

Ignore the haters man, they'll only try and put you down and not let you realise the potential you really have. Try to start with 3/4 cucumbers a day and a bottle of diet Pepsi and let me know how it goes.

I'm here for anymore advice if you need it mate, good luck!!

DYEL bro?
  • reecej333
    reecej333 Posts: 11 Member
    Packerjohn wrote: »
    Stronglifts is good. Assume you have access to a decent gym? You say you are active, what activities do you participate in and how often a week?

Thanks for the serious response. I lift heavy 5-6 times a week for around an hour in a fairly well equipped gym. I was purely wondering what training regime/split was the most effective for building mass.

• Springfield1970
    Springfield1970 Posts: 1,945 Member
    Then you need to look at your calorie intake to gain mass.

500 extra calories a day should do it. A P&J sandwich and a big glass of full fat milk should do it.
    It's as simple as that, as long as you're eating at maintenance to start and not burning off your calories with cardio.
  • strozman
    strozman Posts: 2,622 Member
    edited February 2015
    Stronglifts or some variation of 5x5 (Google it), creatine (do it), chocolate milk, protein shakes, Mass gainer, sprints

I like to shoot for macros based on my desired weight
  • reecej333
    Then you need to look at your calorie intake to gain mass.

500 extra calories a day should do it. A P&J sandwich and a big glass of full fat milk should do it.
    It's as simple as that, as long as you're eating at maintenance to start and not burning off your calories with cardio.

I'm looking more for advice on training regime/splits rather than nutrition. However, thanks for your help.
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    A calorie surplus and a progressive load training program is all you need.
  • Packerjohn
    Packerjohn Posts: 4,855 Member
    reecej333 wrote: »
    Stronglifts is good. Assume you have access to a decent gym? You say you are active, what activities do you participate in and how often a week?

Thanks for the serious response. I lift heavy 5-6 times a week for around an hour in a fairly well equipped gym. I was purely wondering what training regime/split was the most effective for building mass.

Stronglifts and variations will concentrate on compound lifts, press, squat, deadlift, rows, pull-ups. You want to be concentrating on these movements, very little if any isolation work like bicep curls.

If you're doing any steady state running, would cut that out for now. Things like hill sprints (regular sprints), sled pulling/pushing, loaded carries, battling ropes, etc on a limited basis aren't bad.
  • reecej333

Stronglifts and variations will concentrate on compound lifts, press, squat, deadlift, rows, pull-ups. You want to be concentrating on these movements, very little if any isolation work like bicep curls.

If you're doing any steady state running, would cut that out for now. Things like hill sprints (regular sprints), sled pulling/pushing, loaded carries, battling ropes, etc on a limited basis aren't bad.
    Hornsby wrote: »

Thanks for the advice lads. Just to confirm, a progressive load training program is where you consistently increase weight?
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member

Thanks for the advice lads. Just to confirm, a progressive load training program is where you consistently increase weight?

Typically, although there are programs that increase resistance by adding reps. Most beginner programs I've seen add weight though. As previously mentioned: stronglifts, starting strength, ICF 5x5, all are good progressive beginner programs.
  • 3laine75
    3laine75 Posts: 3,069 Member

Ask your teacher.

• reecej333
    3laine75 wrote: »

Ask your teacher.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. Correct me if I'm wrong, but after taking everything into consideration and analysing the situation fully a number of times, I don't believe ANYONE was asking you for your opinion. Bore me later with your jokes.

(wheels is saggy)
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    MrM27 wrote: »

Ask your teacher.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. Correct me if I'm wrong, but after taking everything into consideration and analysing the situation fully a number of times, I don't believe ANYONE was asking you for your opinion. Bore me later with your jokes.

(wheels is saggy)

Lol, took 15 days for that? No dedication.

:laugh:
  • Wheelhouse15
    Wheelhouse15 Posts: 5,575 Member
    MrM27 wrote: »

Ask your teacher.

(wheels is saggy)

Lol, took 15 days for that? No dedication.

Well takes time for a come back.