How did you celebrate hitting your ultimate goal weight?

Options

Replies

• murphykj7
    murphykj7 Posts: 3
    Options
    Boob job. :)

haha love this! I wish I had the money for one or a puppy! I set a new goal for the next few months out and then bought a new outfit (new shoes included of course). I think for my next goal I might go the spa day route
  • kugelette
    kugelette Posts: 25
    Options
    I think maybe I'd do an in-office teeth whitening. It's a huge splurge, but something I've wanted to do for awhile.
  • Kpablo
    Kpablo Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Mommy and me pictures. I don't want a tattoo, I don't want people to ask what it stands for. I want to forget I was ever overweight and I think getting a tattoo that represents my fat (even thought it's lost fat) I don't want to be tied down to my past.

Once I make a big accomplishment with my fitness however like a 1/2 marathon or full marathon I might get something. I don't know.
  • kugelette
    Options

While getting a dog from a rescue or a humane society is a nice thing, there is absolutely nothing wrong with purchasing a puppy from a breeder either. You can go too extreme in the 'rescue' mentality. Its a personal choice and while rescuing is a nice thing there are pros and cons to rescue just as there is to purchasing puppies from good breeders. Its great that you want to rescue dogs, but its silly to imply that everyone has to rescue dogs or they are wrong or to try and shame them for it if they dont. If that was how it all worked there wouldnt be rescue dogs because there would be no dogs as no one would be breeding them at all. I am not condoning the "I dont care enough to get my dog fixed" litters. But purchasing a puppy from a good breeder is a great way to ensure the health of your dog and of future generations if you breed it. It also gives the dog a higher chance of having a lifetime home, as well as a great chance of finding a new home if for some reason the first owner has to adopt it out

Yes! I was too lazy to go back and quote the original, but this shaming people who want to own purebred dogs and start with a puppy is totally ridiculous. I personally would not want a puppy at this stage in my life (housebreaking and puppy proofing is a real PITA), but I respect the choice of people who DO want to go through that puppy phase. There are also many reasons to opt for a purebred over a mix, including an assurance of size, temperament, shedding, activity level, etc. You have a lot better chance of finding a good match in a well-researched and well-bred purebred than you do in a rescue puppy.

Regardless, I think the interwebs has made society such that they think it's okay to rudely comment on any choices another person makes. Considering how this has led to widespread fat-shaming, I woud think people on this forum would be more sensitive to it. :shrugs:
  • autumnrunning
    Options
    New and fresh workout gear!!!
  • kugelette
    Options
    Mommy and me pictures.

This is a great one. I spent most of my son's first few years avoiding the camera because of the way I look, now I go back through photos and there are none of the two of us, and it makes me really sad. Now I will take the photos, but I never share them or display them because I'm unhappy with my appearance. A photo shoot when I feel good about the way I look is a great idea!
  • micheleld73
    micheleld73 Posts: 914 Member
    Options
    I bought clothes but I needed them, it wasn't until I reached my goal weight that I bought new clothes - yes I was wearing clothes that swam on me for a long time!

This was probably best...I had to go several times to buy a new wardrobe. :grumble: Luckily I chose a thrift shop otherwise I would be in the poor house!! :laugh:

I bought several bikinis to wear this summer!
  • knitbytes
    knitbytes Posts: 114
    Options
    I really want to get a half-sleeve tattoo, but honestly I doubt we'll have the money, so instead I'm thinking I want to hike the entire Lake Superior Hiking Trail. All 275 miles. :noway: :bigsmile:

Edit: Oh! I forgot to mention also that my husband told me he wants to get me a bike when I hit 50lb lost! :D
  • ErinGiam
    ErinGiam Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    A tattoo is my weight-loss reward!!
  • SethsMommy1
    SethsMommy1 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I like the idea of getting some great photos taken. Great way to showcase your loss and to feel sexy and confident.
  • quinnwinn
    quinnwinn Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I'm going to do a lot of pictures in poses of my previous fat pictures and pay a professional to photoshop the new me into those pics.

I like the popular opinion of getting a tattoo, or finishing up the one on my back.

I would love to take a honeymoon with my wife. Maybe once we both reach our goals.
  • TheHorribleBlob
    TheHorribleBlob Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I'm gonna go to Japan.
  • xLoveLikeWinterx
    xLoveLikeWinterx Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    Mommy and me pictures.

This is a great one. I spent most of my son's first few years avoiding the camera because of the way I look, now I go back through photos and there are none of the two of us, and it makes me really sad. Now I will take the photos, but I never share them or display them because I'm unhappy with my appearance. A photo shoot when I feel good about the way I look is a great idea!

I'm planning on doing this too... I have very few pics of us together and I really want one of me and my son (he's 18 mos old now, so he'll be maybe 2ish? then)
  • smmorri
    smmorri Posts: 44 Member
    Options

When I reach my ultimate goal of 65-70 pounds lost, I'm going to buy a bikini, short shorts for summer, a pretty dress, expensive jeans...

I've been thinking about this question, and what am I going to do for myself, when I lose the weight....

I have decided to take a trip to the Mall of America!! My goal is to lose the 44 pounds, and tone up my muscles, by next summer!
    It will be so much fun to fly to Minnesota with a friend, and brand new body!!
  • gogojodee
    gogojodee Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options
    I'm going on vacation. And getting my naval pierced. :)
  • onyxgirl17
    onyxgirl17 Posts: 1,721 Member
    Options
    I'm five to ten pounds away and I'm not planning anything really
  • misuzu437
    misuzu437 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    My gift to myself would be a trip to the gym. It's great to lose the weight but it's more of a gift to not spoil oneself and keep it off.
  • babybl00310
    babybl00310 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I'm planning to get a boudoir/fifties pin-up shoot done. There is one single, solitary picture of me and my other half in existence as I have developed an irrational fear of the camera so I want to try and get over that.
  • time4changexx
    time4changexx Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    A spa day! Complete with getting my hair done, Mani/pedi*, massage, facial etc!
    & a brand new wardrobe,
    Possibly a cruise :)
  • cathomer
    cathomer Posts: 88
    Options
    I haven't got there yet, but I'd like to go skydiving or hang gliding, it's been a dream of mine for years. I'll also get my partner to do a photo shoot with me, and then put it on Facebook for everyone to see, entitled "do you see me now?"
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!