What was your one little victory today that deserves acknowledgement?

Options

Replies

• nesian_twin
    nesian_twin Posts: 198
    edited February 2015
    Options
    I did not have one ounce of sugar and I had a big brunch and no lunch because the two meals put together is equivalent to same amount of calories and I am still not hungry! :)
  • pap3rw1ngs
    pap3rw1ngs Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Not getting fries with the chicken wrap I had from McDonald's!
  • Yourebeautiful2day
    Options
    I made two new friends on mfp. :)
  • Frappleberry
    Frappleberry Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Having chocolate in the house and not eating it!
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    My blood pressure is down to 120/68
  • abbeyjones1994
    abbeyjones1994 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I went to brunch and the mall with some friends. I had a pretty calorie heavy brunch (700ish), but seriously considered blowing my whole day by indulging in fries and a shake from the Chick Fil A in the mall food court. I ended up going for a venti hot green tea (0 cals) from Starbucks instead that kept me full until my preplanned dinner and under calories for the day. :)
  • andreamulhall
    andreamulhall Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I had a serious coke a cola addiction for 9 years! Haven't had it now for almost 6 weeks. Water all the way
  • Eremeli
    Eremeli Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Today, I ran.
    Well, alternated walking a bit then running a bit for half an hour. May not sound like much, but I bought my running shoes 6 months ago and haven't had the guts to put them on and get outside until today. I stopped caring about how silly I felt and what other people might think, and I actually enjoyed it! :D
  • 4leighbee
    4leighbee Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    Pulling into the parking lot, I remembered right then that the gym closes at 5 p.m. on Saturday (dumb, btw, but moving on ...). It was 4:15 p.m. I am *really* a creature of habit and had worked my whole workout in my head, so this was a real bummer. I went anyway ... ran a mile and did an abbreviated strength workout. So ... I did the best I could with Plan B, which was a whole lot better than the disappointment of leaving the parking lot without working out!
  • Fugley01
    Fugley01 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I increased my dead lift of 315lbs by 33%. Went from 6 reps to 8 reps. Was sorting laundry and my sweat pant started falling down. They have never done that before.
  • debrakgoogins
    debrakgoogins Posts: 2,034 Member
    Options
    I spent my day at the Maine State Class A Girls Basketball Championship game today. For snacks I had a small box of popcorn, one water and one - yes one of my son's French fries. Granted, I would have had more but he wouldn't let me. A day at a game with concessions and I still came in under my goals.
  • ogmomma2012
    ogmomma2012 Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    I went up and down the 3 sets of stairs here at work, mostly 2x2's, for 10min! :disagree: I have jello legs!
  • LaurenFOB2301
    LaurenFOB2301 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I actually broke a major sweat at the gym! I worked my butt off today...so I'm proud of myself for the first time in a while. I felt super motivated after I left so I played "Just Dance" on the Wii and burned even more after dinner! :)
  • lyndsayfletch
    lyndsayfletch Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I was having my "rest day" meaning I didn't have to do an exercise but i dragged the kids out and went for a nice brisk 6km walk (run 5-6 kms 5 days a week)! Poor kids!!
  • RaeBeeBaby
    RaeBeeBaby Posts: 4,245 Member
    Options
    I completed a 50 minute latin dance aerobic routine on YouTube. Other friends have only made it halfway through, so this was a victory to finish it!
  • lyndsayfletch
    lyndsayfletch Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    RaeBeeBaby wrote: »
    I completed a 50 minute latin dance aerobic routine on YouTube. Other friends have only made it halfway through, so this was a victory to finish it!

awesome, welldone :-)
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    I went to Zumba and did my OHP day even though I woke up with a splitting headache from too many whiskey drinks last night.
  • misskarne
    misskarne Posts: 1,767 Member
    Options
    Getting on the scales and seeing that I somehow managed to lose 1kg this week in spite of:
    - TOM
    - eating badly the whole week
    - only working out once this week

Yeah, I'm confused too. But totally not arguing.
  • Yourebeautiful2day
    Yourebeautiful2day Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I had pizza yesterday and didn't carb load by eating all that crust. Who says you can't just eat the veggie and cheese mixed with sauce toppings?
  • Yourebeautiful2day
    Yourebeautiful2day Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    misskarne wrote: »
    Getting on the scales and seeing that I somehow managed to lose 1kg this week in spite of:
    - TOM
    - eating badly the whole week
    - only working out once this week

Yeah, I'm confused too. But totally not arguing.

I have an aunt who swears that when TOM's here it's like being pregnant and what you eat just doesn't count against you. Maybe she's right and you are living proof!!