Small gyms that have one coed changing room

Options

Replies

• jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Nope. People are people... I don't really want to be naked around anyone, regardless of gender, and I don't want them naked around me.
  • Azexas
    Azexas Posts: 4,334 Member
    Options
    I've never heard of this.

I guess I don't really see it being a big deal as long as people can act like mature adults. I don't think there are laws against it.
  • Wheelhouse15
    Wheelhouse15 Posts: 5,575 Member
    Options
    We had that situation in my military training but it's not like people might think. All in one big tent but changing wasn't a big thing, if you were stripping down all the way it was in your sac otherwise you've got shorts and a T-shirt. I imagine most people who need to do a full change would use a washroom.
  • mad_strawberry
    mad_strawberry Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I've never heard about co-ed changing rooms :open_mouth:
    It might be weird at the beginning, but I think I could get used to it.
  • tesstheprincess
    tesstheprincess Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I've never heard of this. Certainly it must be illegal?

Why must it be illegal?

It's illegal for men and women to use the same restroom (if is only one stall that's different)so using the same changing room with several people seems like it would be illegal
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    Cite the law that makes this illegal.

There are many businesses that have only one restroom that are just ripe for lawsuit if the "Tess Law" exists.
  • mad_strawberry
    mad_strawberry Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    It's illegal for men and women to use the same restroom (if is only one stall that's different)

Wait.. WHAT? XDD seriously? where? :smiley: And what's going to happen if someone catches you? Do you go to prison for using wrong restroom? :mrgreen:
  • tesstheprincess
    tesstheprincess Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Like the business needs to legally have a restroom for both men and women of its single use it can only be one
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options

Why must it be illegal?

It's illegal for men and women to use the same restroom (if is only one stall that's different)so using the same changing room with several people seems like it would be illegal

What municipality
  • dbmata
    Options
    Like the business needs to legally have a restroom for both men and women of its single use it can only be one

Cite the law.

Or are you talking out teh bum?
  • MoiAussi93
    MoiAussi93 Posts: 1,948 Member
    Options
    I've never seen a gym like that. I think it would be fine. I would prefer separate locker rooms, but if only one was available I would still use it.
  • myfelinepal
    myfelinepal Posts: 13,000 Member
    Options

Yes. Just like all those evil nudist beaches and communities.
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    Swimming pool where I take my daughters has coed locker room.

I can here heads exploding across America.

Small private booths to changes, separated washing showers, common locker area, common rinse before enter pool area.

We also have common shared saunas. No clothes.
    Many hotel gyms across Europe don't have two change areas or showers.
    Naked bodies, oh no.
  • Wheelhouse15
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Swimming pool where I take my daughters has coed locker room.

I can here heads exploding across America.

Small private booths to changes, separated washing showers, common locker area, common rinse before enter pool area.

We also have common shared saunas. No clothes.
    Many hotel gyms across Europe don't have two change areas or showers.
    Naked bodies, oh no.

First time I was in a washroom in Germany a cleaning woman walked in and started cleaning the urinal beside me. I took it in stride since I understood Germans were probably the most liberal of all European countries and most have not gone through the Victorian Era so have no hang overs about it. Nudity isn't a huge thing really but North Americans tend to be way too up tight.

On a similar note, we actually have a girls hockey league here that doesn't allow contact between coaches and players, not even a tap on the helmet or shoulder pad to say "great work". Can you say WAY too up tight?
  • dbmata
    Options
    I dated a german girl once. That was good.
  • Wheelhouse15
    Options
    dbmata wrote: »
    I dated a german girl once. That was good.

Don't forget scandanavian women. :)
  • dbmata
    Options
    Never tried, I do want to go to the northern regions. I think the climate would suit me well.
  • FitPhillygirl
    FitPhillygirl Posts: 7,124 Member
    Options
    No, not it any of my local gyms.
  • AndreaWhite611
    AndreaWhite611 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    We have a "family" change room at the y and last week i saw a women showering full nude with her 12 ish y/o son and 8ish y/o daughter and full view of other parents and kids. Not something i would do. ... or think she should have done... but I guess some just don't care.