Is anyone here tall AND fat?

Options
1235»

Replies

• JoshMaz
    JoshMaz Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Mech9 wrote: »
    I feel you! Especially being taller than men, sigh. It's so limiting for dating prospects. But you know what? Tall women really rev some people's engines. The whole long beautiful legs, looking like a statuesque Goddess thing. ;)

Being tall can be really amazing if you let it. Embrace it, because it's you!

What she said. For Sure.
  • Dragn77
    Dragn77 Posts: 810 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    You sound like me @hubkal !! I too was 145 throughout my youth. I always got teased for looking long and lanky lol - oh, except during and after my military years...not just tall, but muscular. Screw all that women never can look muscular thing..I had strangers asking me to flex and wanting to touch my arms. Now that sucked - so I didnt try to lose until I got into the upper 150's...just trying to get back down to 145, and then somehow my weight went in the wrong direction! Couldnt get out of the 170s in my early 30s, and now in my late 30's, stuck in the 190s.

Oh I'm so used to it now @Judiness101 and dont think people mean to be rude, just mostly in awe. ...Already by the end of elementary, I was the same height as my teachers, and have been 5'10" since I was 13 (when I thankfully stopped growing!) Honestly cant remember any time of my life where my height wasnt a big deal. I get annoyed mostly cause I *have* heard it all ad nauseum. Id actually be impressed if someone was clever enough to come up with someone new! LoL
  • Beast4242
    Beast4242 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8'', and I have 40lbs left to lose. I have big everything. My hands and fingers are too big for cheap trendy rings, bracelets and clocks. My feet are at the upper end of shoe sizes, so it's hard to find shoes. My head is big -> finding sunglasses and headbands that don't give me a headache is hard. My boobs are huge (they are). On top of that, I'm fat. It's ridiculous. The upside is that most people don't really think I'm fat.

I recently took a picture with a friend, who is literally a foot shorter than me, and very slim, even considering her height. I look like a freakin' whale next to her.

I am a size 16 shoe...try finding those in the store. Not happening. I feel your pain on that one for sure.
  • Beast4242
    Beast4242 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    hubkal wrote: »
    I am 5'10" and currently 183. I spent most of my young adult life at 145lbs. once I started being stupid and "dieting" I went down to 130 and looked like a skeleton. But that started my yo yo of up and down. I have gotten up to 194 and have worked my way down over and over again but can not seem to get down past 170.

I felt good at 170 and was happy. But once again I slacked off and gained up to 184 again. I am here again.

I have always felt HUGE. Even my sisters at 5'4 and 5'3". My own bother is only 5'10". BUT good news the next generation is very tall! I work at a hospital and it seems all the young girls now are over 5'8" in majority and the boys are well over 6'.

I know its hard but keep on plugging away!

I was 190 lbs as a freshman in college. Once I quit the basketball team to pursue my education more fully (at a university as opposed to community college) I started gaining weight. Not at first, I was still working out and playing a lot of pick up games, but slowly missing those 2000 calories burns every day from practice and games caught up to me. I ended up at 20 and 250. Back then though I was able to loose it within months and was back down to 205 just from running 1-2 miles every morning and watching what I eat. Now 11 years later I am back up to 250 and have been stuck at this weight even though I watch what I eat and go to the gym daily. (damn getting older!) I just want to get fit and maintain that. So much harder to loose weight now.

On a positive for me though as a guy it is 'better' to be a considered a big guy (even though I hate that and would rather people considered me a fit guy) than it is for you ladies. I wish there was more of us tall guys around to make you feel the way you should feel, beautiful and amazing.

Tall girls rock!
  • bigd66218
    bigd66218 Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    I'm 6'6.5" and my starting weight on January 1st was 278 pounds. It's difficult even though I can hide my weight well, it's hard having clothes that fit well. Today I'm down to 251 pounds with a goal weight of 218. My wife is 5'2.5" tall and we have been together for 30 years. :)
  • kiousd
    kiousd Posts: 917 Member
    Options
    shellma00 wrote: »
    YES YES YES! 5'11'' here. Started out at 240lbs (before I found MFP), and I'm down to 165lbs. Even at 165lbs, I still feel GIANT compared to other women. I'm hoping to hit 150lbs as my final weight.

As a total side note: I'm sure you can also relate to this: there is NOTHING I hate more than seeing a short woman with a tall man! I read somewhere once that only 18% of American men are 6'0'' or taller! It gets under my skin SO bad!

I am 5'2" and married a guy who is 6'4".. evidently you would hate me just on principle... seems a little shallow to me.

I didnt know that height should be a factor in relationships.

You tell em babygirl. Lol
  • Dragn77
    Dragn77 Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    Beast4242 wrote: »
    hubkal wrote: »
    I am 5'10" and currently 183. I spent most of my young adult life at 145lbs. once I started being stupid and "dieting" I went down to 130 and looked like a skeleton. But that started my yo yo of up and down. I have gotten up to 194 and have worked my way down over and over again but can not seem to get down past 170.

I felt good at 170 and was happy. But once again I slacked off and gained up to 184 again. I am here again.

I have always felt HUGE. Even my sisters at 5'4 and 5'3". My own bother is only 5'10". BUT good news the next generation is very tall! I work at a hospital and it seems all the young girls now are over 5'8" in majority and the boys are well over 6'.

I know its hard but keep on plugging away!

I was 190 lbs as a freshman in college. Once I quit the basketball team to pursue my education more fully (at a university as opposed to community college) I started gaining weight. Not at first, I was still working out and playing a lot of pick up games, but slowly missing those 2000 calories burns every day from practice and games caught up to me. I ended up at 20 and 250. Back then though I was able to loose it within months and was back down to 205 just from running 1-2 miles every morning and watching what I eat. Now 11 years later I am back up to 250 and have been stuck at this weight even though I watch what I eat and go to the gym daily. (damn getting older!) I just want to get fit and maintain that. So much harder to loose weight now.

On a positive for me though as a guy it is 'better' to be a considered a big guy (even though I hate that and would rather people considered me a fit guy) than it is for you ladies. I wish there was more of us tall guys around to make you feel the way you should feel, beautiful and amazing.

Tall girls rock!

That is such an incredibly sweet thing to say!!! Yeah, I too wish there were more taller men to go around. It would be great to feel feminine and beautiful instead of so huge and looming!!!