Replies

• AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    I rewarded myself with an ipad, and new clothes
  • Kenea993
    Kenea993 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I want to reward myself with boots at 50lbs that will fit over my legs once i loose some weight and inches, and I'm thinking of rewarding my goal weight with a belly ring since i wont be embarrassed to show my belly off. I haven't thought of small goals yet, but I like the nail polish idea. i also have clothes from when I was gaining weight that my goal is to fit back into those clothes so that reward enough for now.
  • palwithme
    palwithme Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    Rewarding myself with food is a bad habit I am trying to break. If I was you, I would have the meal, but not consider it a reward. Just a fun meal. Make it fit into your weekly calories. Reward yourself with something else. But that is just me.
  • bookworm_847
    bookworm_847 Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    Every 10 pounds lost, I get myself something small-- a book or new pajama pants. When I hit my goal, I'm going to get a new haircut and some fancy highlights.
  • bwogilvie
    bwogilvie Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    My reward for reaching my final goal weight was knowing that I had lost 65 pounds. I did buy some new nice clothes, but that was necessary; even the stuff I bought when I weighed 170 was pretty loose by 150. I found that as I got closer to the weight goal, it mattered less; good health and fitness became my main goals, and those don't have an ending point.(Besides, my reward for running 10K is the run. It's so much fun!)
  • Lefty1290
    Lefty1290 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    palwithme wrote: »
    Rewarding myself with food is a bad habit I am trying to break. If I was you, I would have the meal, but not consider it a reward. Just a fun meal. Make it fit into your weekly calories. Reward yourself with something else. But that is just me.

Yeah, I'm re-thinking this. I'm gonna do that instead. I see that I still need to work on my relationship with food. Overall, I have been depriving myself in the last five months. I have to learn and remember that this is not all-or-nothing; food is food. I need to be conscious of what I'm eating, practice moderation, and be active.

• palwithme
    palwithme Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    Enjoy your ribs...I am right there with you on that one. :0)
  • bettieb1988
    bettieb1988 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I'm getting a new outfit that I've had my eye on for while!! ^_^
  • bornforbattles
    bornforbattles Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Lefty1290 wrote: »
    I'm three pounds away from my goal weight and I was wondering how anyone else rewarded themselves for their hard work. Mine will be BBQ ribs and fries and a brownie sundae from a local ice cream place. I will also go shopping for new, smaller jeans and shirts.

Not gonna lie, the food is what's keeping me going at the moment. lol I'm so close and I find myself letting myself slip in small ways, but I want to reach my goal ASAP. I really want that sundae. lol

Not sure if anyone touched on this yet but, don't look at food as a reward system. You can (essentially) eat what you want to still reach your goal. Many people maintain a six pack and still eat the occasional krispy kreme and poptarts.

research IIFYM and insulin spiking
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,151 Member
    Options
    Being healthy is reward enough isn't it?
  • Revonue
    Revonue Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I buy new clothes!

For what it's worth I don't see anything wrong with treating yourself with ribs, or anything else. If you work hard to get to a goal, you should be able to treat yourself to something else with no shame or regrets. A new, healthy body is an awesome reward, but some of us also enjoy new books, or the occasional sundae, and just tie it to a goal weight.
  • krysmuree
    krysmuree Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I haven't exactly decided but ideally, at my goal weight, I will get a new wardrobe. That seems most fitting - but my mini-goals include new yoga pants, new running shoes, workout tops - usually things that I will wear or use along the way. :p