Good alternative to milk

Options
2»

Replies

• jennyblacker
    jennyblacker Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I use oat milk on my cereal (it also comes in chocolate variety), but hemp milk in my hot drinks as it's one of the few subs I've found that doesn't curdle or separate when hot
  • Laurend224
    Laurend224 Posts: 1,748 Member
    Options
    The liquid coffee mate is great. It's lactose free and tasty.
    Hydrogenated oils in your coffee? No thanks.

INGREDIENTS: WATER, CORN SYRUP SOLIDS, PARTIALLY HYDROGENATED SOYBEAN AND/OR COTTONSEED OIL, AND LESS THAN 2% OF SODIUM CASEINATE (A MILK DERIVATIVE)**, DIPOTASSIUM PHOSPHATE, MONO- AND DIGLYCERIDES, SODIUM ALUMINOSILICATE, ARTIFICIAL FLAVOR, CARRAGEENAN.
    ** Not a source of lactose.

Not appealing at all. And if OP is avoiding milk for ethical reasons, it would be a no-no.

OP, why are you avoiding milk?
  • WillCams
    Options
    I just found out that there are 2 types of cows milk - A1 and A2. It appears that most people have a problem with A1. A1 is far more popular in the supermarket because dairy farmers use the cows that produce A1 as they produce more. A2 milk is cow's milk that contains only the A2 type of beta-casein protein rather than the more common A1 protein commonly found in regular milk. Goat milk is higher in calcium and has the A2 beta casein protein. I now use goat milk without any inflammatory problem