What do you think of 100% Whey by CytoSport?

Options
13»

Replies

• iwishiwasbatman
    Options
    MrM27 wrote: »
    psulemon wrote: »
    Thanks to both.

So you'd recommend to gain weight, ya?
    Would that burn fat and build muscle too?
    My workout consists of weight lifting (upper body) 3 times a week plus 10 - 20 minutes of running, and abs and lower body 2 times a week, would this still be a good workout even if I gain weight or would I need to change it up?
    Stop worrying about burning fat. Worry about bulking a blend adding muscle. You need to training properly and eat a a surplus. You need to start doing some real strength training. Nit just upper body 3x per week. When do you train legs????

Forget the model with abs goal for the near future. You've got a long road ahead of you.

Start here:

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10049766/bulking-a-complete-guide-for-beginners/p1

I train legs when I train my lower body.
    Did you click and read the link?
    lbm = lean body mass. 20% or so probably isn't far off-- maybe high by a point or 2.

Get some carbs with that stuff after your workout...and by workout I hope to God you mean "lifting heavy stuff frequently" and not "I just did 3 hours on the elliptical"

No, he is no where near 20% give or take 2%. Also, your advice to add carbs to it does not address his main problem.

In getting confused now...

Don't worry about the number exactly. It's not overly meaningful. Just worry about increasing muscle mass since you are at the lower spectrum for weight.

So let me see if I understand. My new goal should be:

• Gain 10 lbs in a month (20 in two).
    • Start bulking at my current weight (as I also start gaining weight).
    • Bulking will burn fat so I shouldn't worry about that(?).
    • Bulking will also gain me muscle.

Is that right?

No one said gain 10 lbs a month
    Stop harping on the muscle burn fat stuf . Your goal should be to add muscle.
    The whole point of bulking is to add muscle so yes.

Did you read the long link I provided?

Someone said to gain about .5 - 1 lbs a week.

Yeah, I'm still reading it.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,398 MFP Moderator
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Thanks to both.

My workout consists of weight lifting (upper body) 3 times a week plus 10 - 20 minutes of running, and abs and lower body 2 times a week, would this still be a good workout even if I gain weight or would I need to change it up?
    Stop worrying about burning fat. Worry about bulking a blend adding muscle. You need to training properly and eat a a surplus. You need to start doing some real strength training. Nit just upper body 3x per week. When do you train legs????

Forget the model with abs goal for the near future. You've got a long road ahead of you.

Start here:

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10049766/bulking-a-complete-guide-for-beginners/p1

lbm = lean body mass. 20% or so probably isn't far off-- maybe high by a point or 2.

Get some carbs with that stuff after your workout...and by workout I hope to God you mean "lifting heavy stuff frequently" and not "I just did 3 hours on the elliptical"

No, he is no where near 20% give or take 2%. Also, your advice to add carbs to it does not address his main problem.

Don't worry about the number exactly. It's not overly meaningful. Just worry about increasing muscle mass since you are at the lower spectrum for weight.

Is that right?

Which leads to 2 to 5 lbs a month (this includes fat gains). Also, keep in mind muscle gains taper off as time continues. You will be lucky to gain 20 lbs in a year though.
  • iwishiwasbatman
    Options
    Thanks to both.

Start here:

Is that right?

Which leads to 2 to 5 lbs a month (this includes fat gains). Also, keep in mind muscle gains taper off as time continues. You will be lucky to gain 20 lbs in a year though.

Yeah, I changed my plan on here and it says I have to eat over 2,300 calories.
  • iwishiwasbatman
    Options
    I will aftw
    Thanks to both.

Start here:

Is that right?

Keep reading it. Read all of it. Then come back with your questions on what you don't understand in it.

I will after I'm done with my workout, thank you.