do you eat protein/fiber/nutrition bars?

Options
I tend to grab one some days when I'm hungry mid-afternoon. I like Gnu bars for fiber and Luna bars for protein. Any other favorites out there?

Replies

• Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    I buy a variety. Pure Protein as a protein bar. I really like the new Kind Strong bars. They are yummy. I usually have ClifBars on hand as well as Zone Perfect Nutrition bars.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    I'm addicted to chocolate brownie quest bars. Microwaved for 8 seconds makes them taste even better.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    I have a protein bar of some kind at my desk most afternoons. I'm cheap, so I'll get whatever I can on sale or w/ coupon. Pure Protein bars, Cliff bars, Luna bars, and Zone Perfect bars are probably my favorites. But I'll also grab Met RX bars, Odwalla bars, Nature Valley protein bars, or store brand/Aldi meal bars to supplement if they're cheaper.
  • peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    Options
    I eat the Quest ones for breakfast, microwaved. For 200 calories they have great macros for me and we can keep several flavours in the house unlike many other brands (fiance with a severe nut allergy means a lot of brands are off-limits.)
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,151 Member
    Options
    Quest, because the have the most fiber, but I also enjoy the pure protein.
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    Options
    Love Quest bars, especially the Cookies 'n Cream and the White Chocolate Raspberry. I usually have them either for a light breakfast or as a snack.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    I don't like the calorie-heavy bars so I look for the lower calorie ones. I cut them in half and take half at a sitting, which seems to be just about right. My favourites are Canadian,

Whey_Comparison_Charts_July_23%20small.JPG
  • Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    Options
    I used to eat Quest bars once in a while. Generally speaking, bars are overpriced and don't taste that good.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Taste of Nature bars:
    http://www.tasteofnature.ca/

image34.png
  • keziak1
    keziak1 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I read an article online that rated Kind bars at the top so I ordered a sample off ebay. Once I find a bar I like I order by the box from Amazon which is why I've ended up with a good supply of a few kinds...
  • Amanda4change
    Amanda4change Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    I'm cheap so I'll buy whatever is on sale or I have coupons for. In fact I'm munching on a Luna bar right now
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Depends on what you want. I used to always want protein, so the Kind bars wouldn't have worked, but I am experimenting with upping my carbs so tried this GoMacro bar that wasn't bad, and the Kind bar would probably be a similar macro breakdown. (Of course, so are nuts and dried cherries, I think.)

Anyway, I like them as an occasional thing--Quest cookie dough and Think Thin (the kind I've seen has more calories and a lot more protein than the listing above) are both tasty for sweet bars, IMO (not everyone's obviously), and I used to like the Zone bars and some others (I should experiment more). They are an easily portable snack and I can just keep them in my office drawer.
  • noaddedsugarx
    noaddedsugarx Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Quest cookie dough/cookies and creme are my absolute favourite as an afternoon snack!
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    No. I eat food.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    No. I eat food.

Wait, now protein bars aren't even food? Geez this is getting complicated.

• Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    No. I eat food.
    If protein bars aren't food, what are they then ?? :neutral_face:
  • Jruzer
    Jruzer Posts: 3,501 Member
    Options
    I only eat food in bar form. When you concentrate food, you unleash its awesome power I'm told.

O4kYOum.gif
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    No. I eat food.

Wait, now protein bars aren't even food? Geez this is getting complicated.
    No. I eat food.
    If protein bars aren't food, what are they then ?? :neutral_face:

Neither food nor candy, have to be meal replacements then.
  • Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    Options
    Jruzer wrote: »
    I only eat food in bar form. When you concentrate food, you unleash its awesome power I'm told.

O4kYOum.gif

Nice
  • ErinG0517
    ErinG0517 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I love Quest bars. I'm a big fan of the chocolate flavored ones (chocolate brownie, double chocolate chunk)