do you eat protein/fiber/nutrition bars?

2»

Replies

• Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    ErinG0517 wrote: »
    I love Quest bars. I'm a big fan of the chocolate flavored ones (chocolate brownie, double chocolate chunk)

BINGO :heart:

• ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,369 Member
    I often have a Quest bar as "breakfast" (3 hours after I actually get up) at work. Higher fiber and protein than most. My fave is the coconut cashew but if they ever came out with a pumpkin variety... might become lunch and dinner too, lol.
  • keziak1
    keziak1 Posts: 204 Member
    yhannah - I might have to try Quest just because I love your photo so much. :D
  • SuggaD
    SuggaD Posts: 1,369 Member
    edited February 2015
    I eat Larabars for snacks. I only like the peanut butter cookie and cashew cookie ones. I used to eat Quest Bars and Balance Bars. Let's just say I tend to overeat these little suckers. Still working on being satisfied with just one per day. lol
  • snarlingcoyote
    snarlingcoyote Posts: 399 Member
    I love Vanilla Power Crunch bars, but I absolutely refuse to fool myself into thinking they're anything but a low carb cookie bar.
  • esjones12
    esjones12 Posts: 1,363 Member
    I always have Quest, Cliff, and Lara sitting around. I only use them for on the go. I prefer to eat whole foods vs processed bars. But sometimes you are running late or will be away from the house all day and it's better than grabbing fast food! Lara actually are very "clean" with 3-5 ingredients you can pronounce. But since it is all fruit they are high in calories and sugar. They make for fantastic snacks between soccer games. Super easy to digest.

Just try to avoid using them as meal replacements and having like 4 a day.
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,369 Member
    keziak1 wrote: »
    yhannah - I might have to try Quest just because I love your photo so much. :D

Thank you! It's an alpaca, I thought it was adorable.
  • Jruzer wrote: »
    I only eat food in bar form. When you concentrate food, you unleash its awesome power I'm told.

O4kYOum.gif

Yes.

And I have an unholy passion for clif builder bars (but only specific flavors... mint, peanut butter chocolate, s'mores, cookies & cream, etc).
  • InvaderGashloog
    InvaderGashloog Posts: 76 Member
    I eat Clif bars... Because they taste good.
  • usafbaby
    usafbaby Posts: 1 Member
    I love the chocolate double chunk Quest bars. I microwave the bar and then eat it with apple slices, usually a fuji apple. The combination is oh so good!
  • ibamosaserreinas
    ibamosaserreinas Posts: 294 Member
    I have wanted to try the Julian Bakery Protein Bars. They are about $3.00 each though. They have one that is apparently glazed doughnut flavored.
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,195 Member
    No. I eat food.
    If protein bars aren't food, what are they then ?? :neutral_face:

Rectangular food-like substances?

I see some of them as food--for example, Kind bars. Others are so processed that they are really candy.

I rarely eat them--they have more sugar than I can handle. I also have a hard time not consuming too many when they come in multi-packs.
  • LovingLife_Erin
    LovingLife_Erin Posts: 328 Member
    I've just discovered Nakd bars (in the UK, not sure if they are elsewhere). They are raw, vegan, and contain only a few natural ingredients (not that I'm vegan or anything but a good option for people who are). They are freakin' delicious. The cashew cookie one is just cashews and dates, but seriously amazing. They aren't super high on protein or anything, but they have some, and are a great bar to eat after a workout, or with a salad for lunch.
  • emc2fit
    emc2fit Posts: 16 Member
    I'm addicted to chocolate brownie quest bars. Microwaved for 8 seconds makes them taste even better.

Quest is the bomb! IMO they're the best out there content wise. High in fat but there's got to be a trade off somewhere.

Favourites so far: cookie dough, raspberry & white choc and the oreo type one. Great supplement but expensive. Need to find an alternative or this Quest habit is going to break the bank :(

• Timorous_Beastie
    Timorous_Beastie Posts: 595 Member
    bal-110207.jpg
    Soooo good.
  • snowflake930
    snowflake930 Posts: 2,188 Member
    edited February 2015
    Quest raspberry white chocolate bars are my favorite, I am going to pick up a box today on my lunch break.
  • katkins73
    katkins73 Posts: 416 Member
    I was really excited to find Quest bars in Denmark, they are expensive but were on a special deal. I tried four flavours and I think they taste ok, definitely fix my sweet tooth but mostly i was impressed with the protein and fibre count for around 200 calories. I am out with my family today and we are visiting a fancy coffee shop with amazing cakes, I plan to sneak a Quest in and just have a cappuccino and save hundreds of calories!

I'm a bit disappointed that I haven't seen chocolate chip or brownie, we seem to have the more fancy flavours like white chocolate and raspberry and peanut butter and chocolate (peanut butter is not so common here like in the US.)