What's YOUR weakness when it comes to the opposite gender?

Options

Replies

• Pour_Decisions
    Pour_Decisions Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    If he can always be my designated driver regardless of distance.
  • CaptainFantastic01
    CaptainFantastic01 Posts: 9,557 Member
    Options

Honestly, call me old fashioned...

But driving is a man's job... It drives me crazy to look over at another car and see some Dude sitting there letting his woman drive...

Although I realize sometimes exceptions are necessary...

I feel the act of driving does not need to be gendered.
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Mr_Healthy_Habits Posts: 12,588 Member
    Options

But driving is a man's job... It drives me crazy to look over at another car and see some Dude sitting there letting his woman drive...

That's not what I'm saying...
    But I think in cases where two people get in the car... The man should drive...

I see it as my responsibility to get us there, something I take on my shoulders..

It's a long story...
  • honeybee__12
    honeybee__12 Posts: 15,688 Member
    Options

ETA.. I know that sounds chauvinistic but it's a long story...

Whenever I would offer to drive my ex husband would say,
    “when daddy’s home, daddy drives”
    For 35 years I only got to drive when he needed a designated driver.
    ......as if he’s a better driver than me, he’s not, grumble, grumble.......
  • CoffeeAndContour
    CoffeeAndContour Posts: 1,466 Member
    Options

I see it as my responsibility to get us there, something I take on my shoulders..

It's a long story...

Are you trying to say, that the responsibility to get his family to their destination safely, is the mans responsibility?
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options
    If you're into girls with a runny nose, a cough that sounds like a dying seal and swollen puffy eyes then I know the girl just for you!
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    edited February 2019
    Options

It's a long story...

Are you trying to say, that the responsibility to get his family to their destination safely, is the mans responsibility?

Exactly...

The responsibility, burden however you want to look at it...

I'd rather it be on me...

I'm not saying women shouldn't be allowed to drive 😂
  • CaptainFantastic01
    CaptainFantastic01 Posts: 9,557 Member
    Options

It's a long story...

Exactly...

I feel like in any relationship it should be a partnership. You’re both equally responsible for getting where you’re going.. I get the “men should drive” stuff but it’s 2019 and I feel like generally (at least In the US) it’s widely understood that we should be teams who carry each other rather than a man carrying the whole team. Use your partner. I’m sure she’s great otherwise you would t be there
  • Reckoner67
    Reckoner67 Posts: 3,344 Member
    Options

It's a long story...

Exactly...

I get this. I usually drive whenever my wife and I go anywhere--99% of the time, anyway. It has nothing to do with her capability behind the wheel, and it has nothing to do with me asserting dominance as the "head of the household" or anything...it's simply me taking the burden of responsibility to get us there safely on myself, so she doesn't have to. And it works for us. Same reason I'll hold the door for her, etc..

I don't know if it has more to do with tradition (how I was raised) vs personality, but I do tend to be a guardian. I try to look out for the people who are closest to me, and a lot of times it manifests itself in aspects like that.
  • iMago
    iMago Posts: 8,714 Member
    Options
    If you're into girls with a runny nose, a cough that sounds like a dying seal and swollen puffy eyes then I know the girl just for you!

😍
  • CoffeeAndContour
    CoffeeAndContour Posts: 1,466 Member
    Options

It's a long story...

Exactly...

I know you better to know you’re not sexist. Although some of your ideals can come across that way, so for people who aren’t your friends, it may look that way. And I agree with you to some degree. I notice often times, men are more confident drives. This morning for example, I had a meeting about an hour away, and I was very anxious to drive as we’re in a stage 4 ice storm. By all accounts no one should be on the road today, most things aren’t open, but this wasn’t a meeting I could afford to miss. My boyfriend being the more confident driver, wanted to drive me and thank god for him because it was like an ice rink out there. I would have ended up on the side of the road having an anxiety attack. He has an overwhelming sense of needing to protect others and so I can relate to you in some ways. And I might add it’s one of my favourite things about him, and you :)

Just remember J, it’s not what you say, but how you say it ;)
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Options
    Reckoner67 wrote: »

It's a long story...

Exactly...

I get this. I usually drive whenever my wife and I go anywhere--99% of the time, anyway. It has nothing to do with her capability behind the wheel, and it has nothing to do with me asserting dominance as the "head of the household" or anything...it's simply me taking the burden of responsibility to get us there safely on myself, so she doesn't have to. And it works for us. Same reason I'll hold the door for her, etc..

I don't know if it has more to do with tradition (how I was raised) vs personality, but I do tend to be a guardian. I try to look out for the people who are closest to me, and a lot of times it manifests itself in aspects like that.

You 100% get me Dude...
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Options

i agree mostly bc i am a terrible driver but a really good passenger

Are you a backseat driver 😂
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Options

Whenever I would offer to drive my ex husband would say,
    “when daddy’s home, daddy drives”
    For 35 years I only got to drive when he needed a designated driver.
    ......as if he’s a better driver than me, he’s not, grumble, grumble.......

I'm totally stealing that line 😂
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Options

It's a long story...

Exactly...

I know you better to know you’re not sexist. Although some of your ideals can come across that way, so for people who aren’t your friends, it may look that way. And I agree with you to some degree. I notice often times, men are more confident drives. This morning for example, I had a meeting about an hour away, and I was very anxious to drive as we’re in a stage 4 ice storm. By all accounts no one should be on the road today, most things aren’t open, but this wasn’t a meeting I could afford to miss. My boyfriend being the more confident driver, wanted to drive me and thank god for him because it was like an ice rink out there. I would have ended up on the side of the road having an anxiety attack. He has an overwhelming sense of needing to protect others and so I can relate to you in some ways. And I might add it’s one of my favourite things about him, and you :)

Just remember J, it’s not what you say, but how you say it ;)

Ppff ice storm 😮...

Your totally driving, I'll get us killed... California remember 🤷🏽‍♂️... You're probably much more use to the ice...

I kid tho, still ain't letting you drive 😂... 💕
  • iMago
    iMago Posts: 8,714 Member
    Options

can u drive stick?
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Options

Are you a backseat driver 😂

OMG PASS THAT GUY ALREADY I FEEL LIKE WE’RE IN A FUNERAL PROCESSION FFS

Hey Lady!
    D'you wanna drive, I'll turn it around right now!

Now that I know what you sound like, I can not picture you losing it like this 😂
This discussion has been closed.