What's YOUR weakness when it comes to the opposite gender?

Options

Replies

• tinak33
    tinak33 Posts: 9,883 Member
    Options
    If he can always be my designated driver regardless of distance.

Honestly, call me old fashioned...

But driving is a man's job... It drives me crazy to look over at another car and see some Dude sitting there letting his woman drive...

Although I realize sometimes exceptions are necessary...

ETA.. I know that sounds chauvinistic but it's a long story...

HAHAHA
    My grandmother never drove. Whenever she needed to go somewhere, she would tell her husband. He would grumble about it and then drive her. She never needed to drive and never wanted to. He took care of it.
    When my parents go out, my dad drives. My mom navigates. lol (cuz guys don't ask for directions..... so you always need a good navigator!)
    My brother always drives and my sister-in-law avoids it like the plague. They have 4 kids. She is scared of driving and getting stuck somewhere with all the kids.

When I was married, I always drove. But that's because it was my car, and he had a suspended license.
    Personally, I love driving. And that works out, because I get carsick after 20 minutes, if I am not driving..... But if I didn't? I would totally be in the passenger seat, DOMINATING the radio.

Also, I like the whole "man taking care of his family" like a guardian/protector sort of deal. But I come from a more traditional old school type of family.
  • Reckoner67
    Reckoner67 Posts: 3,344 Member
    Options
    tinak33 wrote: »

But driving is a man's job... It drives me crazy to look over at another car and see some Dude sitting there letting his woman drive...

HAHAHA
    My grandmother never drove. Whenever she needed to go somewhere, she would tell her husband. He would grumble about it and then drive her. She never needed to drive and never wanted to. He took care of it.
    When my parents go out, my dad drives. My mom navigates. lol (cuz guys don't ask for directions..... so you always need a good navigator!)
    My brother always drives and my sister-in-law avoids it like the plague. They have 4 kids. She is scared of driving and getting stuck somewhere with all the kids.

When I was married, I always drove. But that's because it was my car, and he had a suspended license.
    Personally, I love driving. And that works out, because I get carsick after 20 minutes, if I am not driving..... But if I didn't? I would totally be in the passenger seat, DOMINATING the radio.

Also, I like the whole "man taking care of his family" like a guardian/protector sort of deal. But I come from a more traditional old school type of family.

If the choice was "I drive or I vomit all over the car" I'd definitely give up the driver's seat, heh
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    Options
    @Mr_Healthy_Habits, I think I may remember your long story, and it was your responsibility, if my memory is right.

I don't mind being a passenger as long as I feel safe with the driver, some people I don't want driving me anywhere, their driving terrifies me.

I'm a nervous driver, and take it as a big responsibility. I don't like having passengers because I don't want to be responsible for them, makes me even more nervous. I prefer to be a passenger usually for this reason.

The weather Channel is showing falling triangles for the next 2 days here (falling triangles are never good), and I'm getting jittery thinking about driving in it.
  • AbbyTabbyCat
    AbbyTabbyCat Posts: 16 Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    I think I am an excellent driver.
  • RhiAnLewis17
    RhiAnLewis17 Posts: 2,299 Member
    Options
    Mini skirts and cleavage. Boobies!

Sense of humor

looks like you're backsliding brother. You can't have both

Such a cynic...
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Mr_Healthy_Habits Posts: 12,588 Member
    Options

I feel the act of driving does not need to be gendered.

That's not what I'm saying...
    But I think in cases where two people get in the car... The man should drive...

I see it as my responsibility to get us there, something I take on my shoulders..

It's a long story...

Are you trying to say, that the responsibility to get his family to their destination safely, is the mans responsibility?

Exactly...

The responsibility, burden however you want to look at it...

I'd rather it be on me...

I'm not saying women shouldn't be allowed to drive 😂

I understand what you are trying to say and I understand the thought process behind it all. But there have been many times where my husband felt it was his responsibility to drive despite how much he drank, for example. Would it be more safe for him to drive because I had one glass of wine all night, compared to his 3 in this instance?! Or is it better to determine who is the most sober in the moment?! I adore when my husband feels it’s his obligation as a man and father to provide us safety. Yet, at the same time, nothing feels worse than that feeling as if my capabilities are deemed less than his.

That last part is well stated and something I should try to remember, thanks for the perspective 💕
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Options

HAHAHA

I totally get it... Dis me and all lol...
    But he who controls the wheel, picks the music 🤷🏽‍♂️😂...
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Options
    Vikka_V wrote: »
    @Mr_Healthy_Habits, I think I may remember your long story, and it was your responsibility, if my memory is right.

I don't mind being a passenger as long as I feel safe with the driver, some people I don't want driving me anywhere, their driving terrifies me.

I'm a nervous driver, and take it as a big responsibility. I don't like having passengers because I don't want to be responsible for them, makes me even more nervous. I prefer to be a passenger usually for this reason.

The weather Channel is showing falling triangles for the next 2 days here (falling triangles are never good), and I'm getting jittery thinking about driving in it.

Drive safely 💕...
    I'm not sure I ever shared but then again maybe I did...

I hear you tho... Driving is a responsibility, one of the most dangerous things we take for granted...

My driving would probably terrify you tho 🙈😂
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Options

Drive safely 💕...

I hear you tho... Driving is a responsibility, one of the most dangerous things we take for granted...

So how you feel with a woman bus drivers? 🤣🤣🤣. Seriously though it sounds like a trust issue or a control thing. My wife loves to drive and I love to ride so it works out for us lol.

Well I'm not going to be disingenuous and claim that it's in no way a trust or control thing because that's definitely part of it 😂...

But ultimately I see it as my job...
    Something I want to carry

Although yeah I'll concede its partly a trust and control thing...

But if I was falling asleep, or intoxicated.... I could let it go 😂
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Options

Drive safely 💕...

So how you feel with a woman bus drivers? 🤣🤣🤣. Seriously though it sounds like a trust issue or a control thing. My wife loves to drive and I love to ride so it works out for us lol.

Well I'm not going to be disingenuous and claim that it's in no way a trust or control thing because that's definitely part of it 😂...

But ultimately I see it as my job...
    Something I want to carry

Although yeah I'll concede its partly a trust and control thing...

But if I was falling asleep, or intoxicated.... I could let it go 😂

Honestly man if your wife is cool with it, who really gives a damn

I hear you and understand what you're saying...

But its just the way I am, it's one of those things that might seem like something small to others but it's important to me...

I'm sure we all have our things that matter too us that matter less to others...
  • tinak33
    tinak33 Posts: 9,883 Member
    Options

HAHAHA

I totally get it... Dis me and all lol...
    But he who controls the wheel, picks the music 🤷🏽‍♂️😂...

Psh....
    Eyes on the road, mister!!!
    Hands at 10 and 2! :D
  • CaptainFantastic01
    CaptainFantastic01 Posts: 9,557 Member
    Options

I see it as my responsibility to get us there, something I take on my shoulders..

It's a long story...

Are you trying to say, that the responsibility to get his family to their destination safely, is the mans responsibility?

Exactly...

I feel like in any relationship it should be a partnership. You’re both equally responsible for getting where you’re going.. I get the “men should drive” stuff but it’s 2019 and I feel like generally (at least In the US) it’s widely understood that we should be teams who carry each other rather than a man carrying the whole team. Use your partner. I’m sure she’s great otherwise you would t be there

I won't disagree with you on any of this Brother and feel the same way in many respects...

Some things tho, I just can't help my old fashion ways.
    Hey nothing but love my man! I hear that

It's a long story...

Exactly...

I feel like in any relationship it should be a partnership. You’re both equally responsible for getting where you’re going.. I get the “men should drive” stuff but it’s 2019 and I feel like generally (at least In the US) it’s widely understood that we should be teams who carry each other rather than a man carrying the whole team. Use your partner. I’m sure she’s great otherwise you would t be there

as a passenger i pick out the music, enter in google maps destination info, even feed french fries if u got a stick shift and no free hands

i feel i’m carrying my weight
    You are boo, you are.

Sense of humor

Such a cynic...

I’m the opposite of that haha
  • Reckoner67
    Reckoner67 Posts: 3,344 Member
    Options
    Poisonous darts
  • RhiAnLewis17
    RhiAnLewis17 Posts: 2,299 Member
    Options

It's a long story...

Exactly...

I won't disagree with you on any of this Brother and feel the same way in many respects...

Some things tho, I just can't help my old fashion ways.
    Hey nothing but love my man! I hear that

It's a long story...

Exactly...

as a passenger i pick out the music, enter in google maps destination info, even feed french fries if u got a stick shift and no free hands

i feel i’m carrying my weight
    You are boo, you are.

Sense of humor

Such a cynic...

I’m the opposite of that haha

I know sweet thing.
    I was just teasing you 😊
  • hast6837
    hast6837 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Well physically if have to say I'm a sucker for butts. But I love sexy eyes and hair and smiles. Its also a plus tho if they have teeth... Lol. But honestly I'm not too picky. I like woman and I love having fun. I'm a hopeless romantic at heart... Have a great day ladies.
  • Ironlady70
    Ironlady70 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    Tall, built - not too cut and definitely blue eyes area must
  • LABMAN69
    LABMAN69 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Beautiful eyes, smile and who loves a good massage
This discussion has been closed.