Did you lose weight for yourself or somebody else?

Options
I been thinking, i'm sure most ppl lost weight for themselves, I mean I use to hate myself from appearance, and how hard simple tasks were such as walking to the shop or trying to get a good nights sleep, now I'm much happier.

But can't understand why someone would just lose weight, just for somebody else, how miserable.

Replies

• DeterminedFee201426
    Options
    for myself
  • lsgibbs83
    lsgibbs83 Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    It's all about me.
  • Lefty1290
    Lefty1290 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    For me. If I was doing it for any other reason, I would have quit after the first day.
  • SteampunkSongbird
    SteampunkSongbird Posts: 826 Member
    Options
    It's hardly a surprise that some people do it to feel like they are more attractive for their partner/crush/hook-ups/whoever. People make changes and 'improvements' etc. to their physical selves for other people all the time. We wear cologne and perfume to smell nice, bras so our boobs look more perky, lipstick to make our lips more noticeable, smart clothes to impress, the list is endless. It's no biggie, and no 'miserable' thing either, it just is.
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,196 Member
    Options
    Gah, totally for myself. Anything else is folly.

I read someone's profile here and she talked about how she was trying to lose weight because she was not her partner's preferred shape. So sad.
  • ksmi141
    ksmi141 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    It's a bit of both, for me. I want to look in the mirror and see for myself what my fiancé sees. And I want him to see a better side of me, too.
  • Lambrah
    Lambrah Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    not going to lie, for others.
  • acmanna
    acmanna Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    For me but a little bit for my husband. I want him to have a happy and healthy wife but I wanted to feel good about myself, be smaller, go shopping etc..but it is through my hard work and effort not anyone elses
  • northlandmum
    northlandmum Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    For myself. My clothes weren't fitting anymore and I didn't like how I was looking.

When I met my husband I was about 25 lb heavier than I am now. I have had 3 children since too and put on nearly 50lb each pregnancy but managed to lose it afterwards. My weight and size which goes up and down frequently has never been an issue for him.
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    For myself (health scare).. I wish I did for someone else though. If I were more self conscious about my weight I would have started taking action before I ballooned to 300+ pounds.
  • dopeysmelly
    dopeysmelly Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    For both. I want to be able to do active things right until I fall down dead at a very advanced age, but I also want to be fit and healthy so I can be there for DH and DD.
  • JayRuby84
    JayRuby84 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    For myself. My partner thought I was a bag of sexy at 172lbs. She still thinks I'm a bag of sexy at 157. I'm doing this all for myself, to see strength and definition that I haven't seen for about 6 years. I am getting stomach muscles that I didn't even have back then. Anyway, I do this for myself, no one else. Couldn't imagine having a partner that I felt I had to "measure up" to.
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,598 Member
    Options
    For my health. My blood sugar and cholesterol were getting scary, and my arthritis was not taking the strain of extra weight well at all.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    For my GP.
  • Amandad37
    Amandad37 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am doing it for my kids and to be healthy -- my mom died when she was 49 (cancer) but there is a part of me that thinks if I am fit and healthy I don't have to worry. I was young when she passed and I don't want my kids to have to deal with that grief!
  • court_fritch26
    court_fritch26 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    I am losing weight to feel good in my own skin and to be a healthy now and in the future, but I would be lying if I didn't say I wanted to look hot for my hubby, although he thinks I'm beautiful no matter what.
  • lottewiegeraad
    lottewiegeraad Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Lambrah wrote: »
    not going to lie, for others.

:awesome:

Ofcourse for myself...and a little bit to annoy others
  • jpaulie
    jpaulie Posts: 917 Member
    Options
    for my cat. it couldn't sit on my stomach without rolling off.
  • fat2strongbeth
    fat2strongbeth Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    Mostly for myself. I want to get healthy, strong and have more energy because it makes me feel happier overall. Also doing it for my son, so I can be a better mom and role model for him.
  • gamesandgains
    gamesandgains Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    Good topic. Initially it was for other people. Over time it became for myself only.