Replies

• sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    sjohnny wrote: »
    timeapart wrote: »
    I'm curious.
    If you had two women of exactly the same everything- height weight etc.
    If both ate 1200 cals a day.
    But one ate a balanced diet of protein and carbs and veggies etc.
    The other ate junk food of the same calories.
    Would the look the same.
    I'm aware that one would be healthier on the inside, and have the benefits that come with a balanced diet.
    Just wondering if they would have the same outcome?

Yes, they'd both be dead. Eventually.

They're probably dead already.

they were already dead to me...

358468be1b17cd84259ac5a5aa351fa3.jpg
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options
    On a 1200 calorie diet? Probably not much of a difference between the two.
  • Whitezombiegirl
    Whitezombiegirl Posts: 1,042 Member
    Options
    All that I can add is that 'carb face ' really exists. 3 days into low crab/ no graind for me and it's 'hello cheekbones' again (and less bloated stomach) Also- if you are eating 1200 cals of nutrient dense food as oppoed to 3 mars bars a day then I guess it would show in your skin etc.- as in you'd look healthier. (P.s I've not tried this)

that is a function of water retention due to less or increased carb intake...

Thanks for that,- I am quite aware of that fact. I should have made myself clearer maybe. I took it that the OP was asking about how what you ate affected your looks. Well, for me the water loss associated with decreased carb intake makes my face appear slimmer and my stomach look flatter. I know it's not fat loss (I have a degree in human & applied biology) and only temporary.

• sjohnny
    Options
    All that I can add is that 'carb face ' really exists. 3 days into low crab/ no graind for me and it's 'hello cheekbones' again (and less bloated stomach) Also- if you are eating 1200 cals of nutrient dense food as oppoed to 3 mars bars a day then I guess it would show in your skin etc.- as in you'd look healthier. (P.s I've not tried this)

that is a function of water retention due to less or increased carb intake...

Thanks for that,- I am quite aware of that fact. I should have made myself clearer maybe. I took it that the OP was asking about how what you ate affected your looks. Well, for me the water loss associated with decreased carb intake makes my face appear slimmer and my stomach look flatter. I know it's not fat loss (I have a degree in human & applied biology) and only temporary.

When do you get your permanent degree?
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    timeapart wrote: »
    I'm curious.
    If you had two women of exactly the same everything- height weight etc.
    If both ate 1200 cals a day.
    But one ate a balanced diet of protein and carbs and veggies etc.
    The other ate junk food of the same calories.
    Would the look the same.
    I'm aware that one would be healthier on the inside, and have the benefits that come with a balanced diet.
    Just wondering if they would have the same outcome?

Yes, they'd both be dead. Eventually.

They're probably dead already.

they're all troll deads
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    DavPul wrote: »
    Yes,so be careful. I was inspired to lose weight by watching that Banana Girl chick on YouTube, and even though I lost weight I was disappointed because by the end of summer I looked like this

picisto-20150210080412-249352.jpg

laughssssss! okay seriously snorted!
  • Bookwitch
    Bookwitch Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Well if you think about it logically. These two would look and act differently. One is loading her body with good wholesome foods and the other is with junk foods. Your skin will be smoother and have more color and you wont be as tired. As with the other and junk foods. Her skin will look more pale, maybe more wrinkled and she wont feel as good as you do. Her clothes may fit her differently also,maybe a frumpier look.
  • Jolinia
    Jolinia Posts: 846 Member
    Options
    I get a bloated face when I eat crap food (though the bloat does make me look younger) and acne on my face and back. So I definitely look different when I'm shoveling cookies into my face than when I'm eating veggies and/or meats. If I keep eating crap I'll be constantly horizontal or slumped in a chair, too, which is markedly different from how someone looks when out for a walk on a sunny day.
  • sjohnny
    Options
    Jolinia wrote: »
    I get a bloated face when I eat crap food (though the bloat does make me look younger) and acne on my face and back. So I definitely look different when I'm shoveling cookies into my face than when I'm eating veggies and/or meats. If I keep eating crap I'll be constantly horizontal or slumped in a chair, too, which is markedly different from how someone looks when out for a walk on a sunny day.

I don't know about that. My dog eats crap all the time and she's perfectly healthy and full of energy. Maybe because it's cat crap? I'm not a coprogastrologist so I don't know how all that works and I don't know what kind of crap you're eating that slumps you in a chair but maybe try cat?
  • Jolinia
    Options

I don't know about that. My dog eats crap all the time and she's perfectly healthy and full of energy. Maybe because it's cat crap? I'm not a coprogastrologist so I don't know how all that works and I don't know what kind of crap you're eating that slumps you in a chair but maybe try cat?

Haha. I know to be more precise on this site. So many smart alecs! How do you know your dog doesn't have zits under her coat?

Crap = cookies, chips, ice cream, cake, and candy, all in large quantities!
  • sjohnny
    Options

Haha. I know to be more precise on this site. So many smart alecs! How do you know your dog doesn't have zits under her coat?

She has really short smooth silky fur. I could tell if there were zits.

And if you're crapping cookies, chips, ice cream, cake, and candy in large quantities I think I'd like to know where you live.
  • Jolinia
    Options

She has really short smooth silky fur. I could tell if there were zits.

And if you're crapping cookies, chips, ice cream, cake, and candy in large quantities I think I'd like to know where you live.

:s I am not a treat dispenser!
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Bookwitch wrote: »
    Well if you think about it logically. These two would look and act differently. One is loading her body with good wholesome foods and the other is with junk foods. Your skin will be smoother and have more color and you wont be as tired. As with the other and junk foods. Her skin will look more pale, maybe more wrinkled and she wont feel as good as you do. Her clothes may fit her differently also,maybe a frumpier look.

so clothing style is now a function of weight loss?

so if someone eats 1200 calories of "junk" then they will look frumpier..???

Also, you cannot tan if you are eating "junk", really??? I did not know that radiation from the sun discriminated based on food type...
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    On a 1200 calorie diet? Probably not much of a difference between the two.

dead diets. dead.

Night_of_the_living_Dead_Logo.png
  • AlisonH729
    AlisonH729 Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    What if they're the same person but one of them is from the future!?
    url?sa=i&source=images&cd=&ved=0CAUQjBw&url=http%3A%2F%2Fmemecreator.eu%2Fmedia%2Ftemplates%2F160%2Fconspiracy-keanu.jpg&ei=yB3aVI7uEeHnsAS39YLQCg&psig=AFQjCNE6Iv3x7iWIeFDuKQAoZUcH40fAqQ&ust=1423667016387234
  • kcmccormack
    kcmccormack Posts: 71 Member
    Options

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; Fools, because they have to say something"

• Whitezombiegirl
    Whitezombiegirl Posts: 1,042 Member
    Options
    When do you get your permanent degree?

Lol!

• kcmccormack
    kcmccormack Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    AHainzl wrote: »
    url?sa=i&source=images&cd=&ved=0CAUQjBw&url=http%3A%2F%2Fmemecreator.eu%2Fmedia%2Ftemplates%2F160%2Fconspiracy-keanu.jpg&ei=yB3aVI7uEeHnsAS39YLQCg&psig=AFQjCNE6Iv3x7iWIeFDuKQAoZUcH40fAqQ&ust=1423667016387234

Mind.blown.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    57rlhm1a4bq2.jpeg
    Well this guy ate too much chicken, so yes, yes it can.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    AHainzl wrote: »

they cancel each other out...paradox